Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39" Full HD TV €243 incl. Parcelmotel [Back in Stock]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I also got the TV yesterday, picked it up from the Nightline depot.

My box was also a bit tatty, it was fine luckily, but I do have to say, it's not packed very well. Just a single-layer cardboard box, TV in the middle between some styrofoam spacers. Anything that will put pressure on the center of the box will go right through to the screen. There was only about an inch of free space between the box and the screen. It should have been 2-layer cardboard at the very least.

The TV itself is fine, it's decent quality for the price. Viewing angles and contrast (black levels) aren't great but acceptable for the price. Backlight uniformity isn't great either, a bit blotchy in the corners. I don't think it's an IPS panel but better than TN, probably PVA or something.

Ports are very plentiful (3xHDMI, VGA, Component, Scart, RF, Coax digital audio, Composite A/V). As well as a USB port and CI+ slot. The HDMI has CEC so you can control connected devices with the TV remote through HDMI (I use a Raspberry Pi based media center)

The firmware is a bit lacking, I didn't see any monitor mode or the ability to turn off overscan or contrast enhancement. Even when noise reduction is off, there is still some messing around with the picture. However there seems to be a firmware upgrade option, so I'll check the internet for a newer version.

The casing is a bit plasticky but once again not bad for the price. The base is made of glass and very solid. Audio seemed to lack bass, when I cranked it up in the settings to 90% it was a lot better. Haven't had a chance to seriously look at the audio yet.

Overall I'm very happy, it's a great set for watching TV and the occasional movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Mine arrived in Dublin tonight, €7 only happy days.

Getting it moved to a cork depot and will collect it there and report back :)

The firmware is a bit lacking, I didn't see any monitor mode or the ability to turn off overscan or contrast enhancement. Even when noise reduction is off, there is still some messing around with the picture.

Just found the 'monitor mode'! It's not in the menu, but you can get it by pressing the aspect ratio button. Set it to "PointToPoint" and it behaves like a monitor. No overscan, no contrast "enhancement". Great!

Got the tv! €7 Parcel motel only!

Delighted with the tv! Big upgrade off a 24"

Very nicely made glass base aswell!

All in time for the world cup :D

For the money top class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Ok, the brother inlaws replacement TV came from Tesco this morning and was delivered to me but it's not a Blaupunt, it's a Tesco Technica brand, not sure what to do. It was my wife signed for it, I'd have refused to accept it.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technika-39-c273-39-inch-full-hd-1080p-lcd-tv-with-freeview/524-4462.prd

• Advertisement

Just ring them I'd say... I'm sure they can swap it out?

By the way, I checked out the audio more, watched a movie on it. The audio is ok, but not great. Voices sound clear but the bass is lacking, and if you turn it up the case starts resonating (which I think is the reason for the low bass at the default setting). I found 50 treble / 70 bass a good compromise. Treble is ok though the really high tones are missing too.

It doesn't matter much to me, I'm happy with the TV and if I want super great audio I wouldn't go for a 200 euro TV. A high end soundbar alone would cost many times that.

Just ring them I'd say... I'm sure they can swap it out?

By the way, I checked out the audio more, watched a movie on it. The audio is ok, but not great. Voices sound clear but the bass is lacking, and if you turn it up the case starts resonating (which I think is the reason for the low bass at the default setting). I found 50 treble / 70 bass a good compromise. Treble is ok though the really high tones are missing too.

It doesn't matter much to me, I'm happy with the TV and if I want super great audio I wouldn't go for a 200 euro TV. A high end soundbar alone would cost many times that.

I got a Samsung Soundbar off ebay for 80 quid... Sound it super out of it.

Well worth getting something like that if anyone doesn't like the sound!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Have marked as Expired. It now says unavailable and the price is back up to £299. If the deal comes back just use the report button to let us know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Un-expired

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

is anyone actually receiving RTE1 HD and RTE 2 HD with this set?

• Advertisement

is anyone actually receiving RTE1 HD and RTE 2 HD with this set?

No, I didn't bother hooking up a Saorview antenna yet. Will probably try it over the weekend. But if I recall correctly it says it's compatible on the box anyway. Just using SD quality through the cable at the moment. (And HD to watch movies)

Still very happy with it by the way. It's really a steal at this price, especially when you can find a discount code like last time. But I'm not sure if I'd order it again - the box was very flimsy and I'm quite surprised the screen didn't break in transport. When it arrived it was more like a crumpled cardboard bag than a box :) I don't think this box was ever meant to be shipped on its own like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

No, I didn't bother hooking up the Saorview antenna yet. But if I recall correctly it says it's compatible on the box anyway.
    Thanks. What did it say it was compatible with Saorview or Freeview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

when you say it gets delivered to the Parcel Motel depot, do you mean the portable lockers that you normally pick up from or the sorting centre??

Yes RTE HD works grand on saorview.

It gets shipped to parcel motel depot not the lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

So you fill it out with Parcel Motel as normal and they just send it to closest Nightline depot instead of your locker? Sounds handy as im only a minute away. Would anyone recommend this for the Playstation/Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Looks like you can get this for 10% less during the World Cup Final using this code

TDX-GTTP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Looks like you can get this for 10% less during the World Cup Final using this code

TDX-GTTP

doesnt work yet

Sorry, we cannot accept the eCoupon or voucher you've entered. This may be because it is not valid to use yet. Please check the start date and try again when it's valid.

dont need a tv dont need a tv dont need a tv
    god help me I feel I have to buy this at the price

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neilo2009

Apologies if I am being dense here due to my hangover, but how do I bypass the request for a uk postcode when registering at checkout? Cheers!

neilo2009 wrote: »
    Apologies if I am being dense here due to my hangover, but how do I bypass the request for a uk postcode when registering at checkout? Cheers!

Gotta use Parcel Motel mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neilo2009

Got it! Thanks a mill - back to the hangover.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

mailburner wrote: »
    doesnt work yet

Sorry, we cannot accept the eCoupon or voucher you've entered. This may be because it is not valid to use yet. Please check the start date and try again when it's valid.

dont need a tv dont need a tv dont need a tv
    god help me I feel I have to buy this at the price

Because the final is not till tomorrow nite....:cool:

TDX-GTTP
    acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Because the final is not till tomorrow nite....:cool:

cheers
    I couldve read that page ten times and missed that word
    No excuse and I already have glasses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Just noticed Parcel Motel actually looks like Paracetamol when joined up together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Is the closest depot for me( Dundalk) the one in Dublin?
    Also how long does delivery take for those who bought it previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

toby2111 wrote: »
    Is the closest depot for me( Dundalk) the one in Dublin?
    Also how long does delivery take for those who bought it previously?

Ya I'm in Dundalk and was looking at getting one and the one in Dublin would be the closest depot. Not sure on delivery as have not bought it yet.

anyone buying?

I'll be killed if I go ahead
    £179 for the next hour

bargain of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

mailburner wrote: »
    anyone buying?

I'll be killed if I go ahead
    £179 for the next hour

bargain of the year

Was it £179 yesterday? Was going to buy it today but if the price is going to drop might wait.

degzs wrote: »
    Was it £179 yesterday? Was going to buy it today but if the price is going to drop might wait.

There was a discount voucher to bring it down to 179 during the world cup final only. But that's over now.

They have previously had discount codes (mentioned in this topic) that lasted longer, I used one of those myself when I bought it a month or so ago.

However, the price has also been up to 299 pounds lately so while it's possible they may offer another code, they may also bring it back up to 299 again :) It's up to you whether you'd like to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Hi all,

TDX-KYNK works for £10 off if anyone is interested in ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Sorry guys a couple of questions

What phone number do i use when registering? Do i just make one up?

Also do i just register my Irish visa card ? Does it not need to match your billing address?

Advertisement