Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Whats a Bayern?

The B in BMW.

/fanboi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

The B in BMW.

/fanboi

Ha, always thought it was bavaria :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I thought it was Black

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Nice car but the white widebody 911 for similar price would be a better option imo.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1975-porsche-911sc/6862761
    29095321.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

260Z with Triple Webbers all the way, that car looks mint!
    Maybe if the 911 was actually a turbo and not a rep. Hardly the same as a 1.9 TDI RS4 I know but it still pisses me off. :p

/obvious reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

So alarm set for just before 8. So I hit snooze. Now its half 10. Bollox! :o

Fook me yesterday was soooo nice :cool: but the heatsoak really showed, 20psi max boost :eek:

I always set multiple alarms on my phone if I have to get up for something. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Yesterday was a great day.
    The carina is finally back running. There was an issue with the wiring in the new boot that I put on from a donor car, so after some rewiring, lots of shouting and hammering, it is back working.

(Apologies to anyone in the kylemore area yesterday - that wasn't a fog cloud it was just me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Was waaaaay too tired to give a hoot yesterday! Ah well, at least I got about 14 hours sleep (despite getting orange juice twice during the night) in total :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I need a bit of work done to the Mazda before selling it, wheel bearing, driveshaft bearing, ball joint need doing. I have about 3 garages Ive seen recommended here, can i drop the car to them and have them check it out and give me a quote from each? Seems a bit cheeky to ask for a quote and then feck off to get a quote somewhere else :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You'll probably end up with 3 labour charges just for inspecting it :p

Thats what Im afraid of! If it was one thing Id just pay it cos I know the cost difference wouldnt be much but I know theres a few things need doing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sell it as is and don't be worrying about it!!

No one would buy it as is theres creaks bangs and rattles coming from everywhere :pac:

Wow.

jettasw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

My tires from oponeo have made it to the UK as of this evening...wonder when I'll have them!

Any word on your tyres yet? Two of mine hit the Uk last night and have been moved from Oldbury to Edinburgh the other two were in Germany.

Passat?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

No one would buy it as is theres creaks bangs and rattles coming from everywhere :pac:

Test out the amazing sound system during the test drive?!

CianRyan wrote: »
    Passat?

Custom made MK2 Golf / Jetta estate.

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    Custom made MK2 Golf / Jetta estate.

Custom made or a front end swap? :p

I've been tempted to find an absolute farm spec Vento SDI to run for a few months. I'm on the hunt for a horrible, horrible car so when I have the Mazda going it will be amazing.

If I can't find the right one, back to the Fiat idea for the cheapness.

Custom made or a front end swap? :p

I've been tempted to find an absolute farm spec Vento SDI to run for a few months. I'm on the hunt for a horrible, horrible car so when I have the Mazda going it will be amazing.

Custom made. MK2 Golfs never came in estates and neither did Jettas.

jenizzle wrote: »
    Test out the amazing sound system during the test drive?!

My front passenger speaker started to crackle as of yesterday as it happens! Car knows its gonna be replaced soon

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Any word on your tyres yet? Two of mine hit the Uk last night and have been moved from Oldbury to Edinburgh the other two were in Germany.

Oldbury (GB) Hub scan

All 4 of mine are at that stage, here's hoping they don't have to go to Edinburgh first! Would be great to get them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Oldbury (GB) Hub scan

All 4 of mine are at that stage, here's hoping they don't have to go to Edinburgh first! Would be great to get them tomorrow.
    Jeez they'll be well worn by the time yu get them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oldbury (GB) Hub scan

Yea I was hoping mine would have come straight from Oldbury but there now showing up as inbound at Edinburgh.

If I have all four of mine by the weekend I'll be happy enough. No idea why the front tyres are so far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] No idea why the front tyres are so far behind.

Maybe their van has only reverse gear working? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

GvidoR wrote: »
    Custom made. MK2 Golfs never came in estates and neither did Jettas.

So its a Photoshop then?

Looks it.

never mind that german scrap

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/daweoo-lanos-ncttax/6864183

Job.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement