Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Udemy Courses - Free and Updated Daily

Options

Comments

+1 on that please keep posting them AccessAw, much more convenient getting a notification from this thread and then seeing a nice simple list of links with the titles rather than having to scroll through the wall of text on the posted link.

No prob will get back at it over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Magnate wrote: »
    Or everyone could just subscribe to that mailing list and have the codes delivered to their own inboxes. You know, I didn't mind the daily thanks harvesting, I even appreciated it. You were doing everyone a favour and saving people a few minutes hassle, acting in their best interests you might say.

However today that changed and your true intentions became clear. By purposely choosing not to disclose the website when asked, and instead trying to keep it a secret, many people may have lost out on today & tomorrow's codes - Now I see that it wasn't as selfless as I had originally thought.

Gosh you are really quite objectionable aren't you? Yet another passive aggressive keyboard warrior on this site...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

I really fail to see the logic of some of you.

"Let's ignore the person that scours the web every single day to find free Udemy coupon codes, then posts all the relevant course info on their blog and compiles a daily email list *identical* to AccessAw's post. Let's take that person's ad revenue too, because why should they be rewarded for their efforts. No, instead we must bow to this person who takes hours out of their day to copy and paste the contents of an email onto boards."

Of course that wouldn't be so bad, except that they blatantly refuse to acknowledge/credit the source. This is why I didn't say anything months ago, nobody had asked to know where AccessAw was getting the codes so it didn't bother me. And for the record, the mailing list uses Mailchimp which has a zero tolerance spam policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I just assumed he worked for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

"Let's ignore the person that scours the web every single day to find free Udemy coupon codes, then posts all the relevant course info on their blog and compiles a daily email list *identical* to AccessAw's post. Let's take that person's ad revenue too, because why should they be rewarded for their efforts. No, instead we must bow to this person who takes hours out of their day to copy and paste the contents of an email onto boards."

Of course that wouldn't be so bad, except that they blatantly refuse to acknowledge/credit the source. This is why I didn't say anything months ago, nobody had asked to know where AccessAw was getting the codes so it didn't bother me. And for the record, the mailing list uses Mailchimp which has a zero tolerance spam policy.

This thread existed long before you joined boards.
    If AA is happy to post its nothing to do with you.
    You don't have to post here.

Anyway back on topic by the weekend :)

• Advertisement

This thread existed long before you joined boards.
    If AA is happy to post its nothing to do with you.
    You don't have to post here.

Anyway back on topic by the weekend :)

I closed my first account, been here since June 2010, so drop the "ignorant newbie" angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Or everyone could just subscribe to that mailing list and have the codes delivered to their own inboxes. You know, I didn't mind the daily thanks harvesting, I even appreciated it. You were doing everyone a favour and saving people a few minutes hassle, acting in their best interests you might say.

However today that changed and your true intentions became clear. By purposely choosing not to disclose the website when asked, and instead trying to keep it a secret, many people may have lost out on today & tomorrow's codes - Now I see that it wasn't as selfless as I had originally thought.

Fair comment I think.

I do appreciate the links being posted here regularly, but really can't think of any good reason for withholding the source... Particularly when some of the course coupons expire pretty quickly.

I'll still check here for the condensed version, and thank whoever posts a link to a course I would watch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Valid points indeed my post was simply saying I prefer getting the notification of these courses in the current format on Boards.ie and I would be happier if that didn't stop. Credit definitely should have been given to the source and anyone who feels like it could have supported the source of the information.

EDIT: AccessAW - maybe post a link to the source at the end of every post where you provide links to the Udemy courses.

Valid points indeed my post was simply saying I prefer getting the notification of these courses in the current format on Boards.ie and I would be happier if that didn't stop. Credit definitely should have been given to the source and anyone who feels like it could have supported the source of the information.

Absolutely, personally the daily email tends to get lost in my inbox so boards is handy in that regard. It just pissed me off that credit was not given when specifically asked for by another user, and that people may miss out on courses as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I don't think AccessAW has ever withheld the source and if he has, I really don't care. A number of posts with links on where to source them have been posted since the threads inception. If you want to get the courses that way, go right ahead. I'm going to keep getting them here from AccessAW.

Don't understand how anyone could get hot and bothered about the 'source'.

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    A number of posts with links on where to source them have been posted since the threads inception.

No complaints about those, show me one by AccessAw.
    Synode wrote: »
    I don't think AccessAW has ever withheld the source and if he has, I really don't care. Don't understand how anyone could get hot and bothered about the 'source'.
    Yurple wrote: »
    How do you find them?
    Nice try
    *Thanked by AccessAW*

I think that's pretty clear if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I personally don't care what the source is. They could be taken from a reddit thread, a mailing list or gleaned from the prophecies of Nostradamus, it makes no odds to me and AccessAw still takes time out to post them here on our behalf, which he doesn't have to do. It's hardly as if he is profiting from posting here, those accumulated thanks don't translate to cash, as far as I know, so what's the big deal?

Get over it already

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I personally don't care what the source is. They could be taken from a reddit thread, a mailing list or gleaned from the prophecies of Nostradamus, it makes no odds to me and AccessAw still takes time out to post them here on our behalf, which he doesn't have to do. It's hardly as if he is profiting from posting here, those accumulated thanks don't translate to cash, as far as I know, so what's the big deal?

It's not about the source itself, it's a control thing - No courses today because AccessAw says so.

Which is a bit daft, don't you think? :)

There' no denying the contribution to this thread, and nobody is trying to take that away from him.

I'm in bed sick Jesus Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

It's not about the source itself, it's a control thing - No courses today because AccessAw says so.

Which is a bit daft, don't you think? :)

There' no denying the contribution to this thread, and nobody is trying to take that away from him.

Don't you think you're being a bit overly dramatic about this?

I'm in bed sick Jesus Christ

"It's my ball and I'm going home". :pac:

Hope you're feeling better soon (because I'm clearly not the only one who can't be arsed sorting through long lists of course descriptions and coupons elsewhere).

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Don't you think you're being a bit overly dramatic about this?

Not really. TBH I didn't even notice until Magnate pointed it out. I can understand where he/she is coming from, and have tried to explain to others (like yourself) that don't get it. That's all.

Well just close the fecking thread

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I feel like a few years have been shaved off the average age in this thread today.

Grow up guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Look, I don’t know about anyone else – but my Inbox is full to overflowing with junk. I quickly scan through it most times, and the thought of going through coupon pages would just put me off some of the 100+ (oh dear God!) courses I’ve become aware of because AccessAW has bothered to filter down to a very readable list each day. Yeah, source shouldn’t be a secret… But I personally wouldn’t end up seeing a lot of them if it wasn’t for him/her. So keep on rockin’ those freebie courses my man/woman! (and THANKS!!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Well just close the fecking thread

why didn't you say where you were getting the courses or post the link to http://anycouponcode.blogspot.ie/ this morning instead?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    why didn't you say where you were getting the courses or post the link to http://anycouponcode.blogspot.ie/ this morning instead?

It's my business that's why if you don't like it that's your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Look, I don’t know about anyone else – but my Inbox is full to overflowing with junk. I quickly scan through it most times, and the thought of going through coupon pages would just put me off some of the 100+ (oh dear God!) courses I’ve become aware of because AccessAW has bothered to filter down to a very readable list each day. Yeah, source shouldn’t be a secret… But I personally wouldn’t end up seeing a lot of them if it wasn’t for him/her. So keep on rockin’ those freebie courses my man/woman! (and THANKS!!):D

I would like to agree with this. So thanks from me too.

It's my business that's why if you don't like it that's your problem

:pac::pac::pac: taking the credit for someone elses work, a few poxy thanks on boards. pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I only followed this thread about three days ago and I kinda feel like unfollowing now tbh

Dry your eyes

I only followed this thread about three days ago and I kinda feel like unfollowing now tbh

just check here http://anycouponcode.blogspot.ie/

Dry your eyes

my thanks, my precious thanks

• Advertisement

Well I am not wasting anymore time on this thread I'm done

Advertisement