Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game/games do you always come back to?

Options
13»

Comments

Further to Red Alert earlier, I always install Quake on any new machine. Particularly Quake rally mod which can easily eat up hours and hours of my life.

Quake Rally!

Is Quakeworld still the client? It's been so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Left 4 Dead Series. Love playing that with my friends.

Have had some great & funny nights of entertainment just on that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

• Fallout
    • il21946
    • Stalker and
    • Aliens V Predator

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 3
    FF 7
    Dragons dogma
    Stalker series
    Metal gear solid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Quake Rally!

Is Quakeworld still the client? It's been so long.

Glad someone remembers it! No idea what the online scene is like anymore. I'm strictly a versus bots player. Such a versatile game engine, the mods ranged from simple text stuff you could do in notepad to making an entirely new game. Loved Thred level editor too. Hours lost it, all worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Going back to games stopped being an option for me when I created my first backlog list a couple of years ago. Since then I either have to push through it or run the risk of dying of old age before I play everything I want to play. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Or ya I forgot to mention legend of dragoon,man I love that game :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Queue a p1ssed off Mod... Any moment now..

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Queue a p1ssed off Mod... Any moment now..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Diablo 2
    Civ 3
    Knights of Honor

Old but gold

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

rage-intensifies_gp_2840055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Mine:
    • X-COM Apocalypse (best in the series IMO)
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R Series
    • Might & Magic Series

I got Contagion when it was first in Early Access, I used to play Zombie Panic Source (its predecessor) all the time and kept coming back to it and this was a natural buy for me. Have loads of games to play but ill probably still be playing Contagion on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Every six months or so I redownload BFBC2, so much love for that game. Merry Christmas Bravo Two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

For me its C&C Generals, Battlefield Bad Company 2, (still the best BF) Pokemon Blue, DA: Origins and the Fallout Series. And every other year I will finish Grim Fandango again just for sh1ts and giggles.

But if the Oculus Rift is as good as it looks then probably every FPS ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Skyrim, just for the mods. Counter strike source, team fortress 2. GTA 4 gets a go every now and then also since were still waiting for GTA 5 on the PC. I know San Andreas is better but its looking seriously dated at this stage and it hasn't aged well imo. Hitman Absolution, there are a few missions that I enjoy replaying to find different ways of completing them. Also Arma 2 and the dayz mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

fallout 3, half life series, dead space, doom 2, bioshock...and cannonfodder lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Metal Gear Solid series
    Streets if rage 2
    Sonic 1,2 and 3

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Pokemon! There's always pokemon eggs to hatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Every year I find myself booting up Devil May Cry 3 or 4. As an avid fan with a giant DMC poster on my wall, I just can't help but going into Bloody Palace mode and wreaking some havoc. Ever since I got DMC4 on PC the 120FPS is glorious! Best console port I've ever played. Too bad the same can't be said for DMC3, but I have the HD collection for that - despite its flaws (those badly encoded video files replacing my real-time rendered custcenes D: ) the gameplay is still solid. I might rip my old PS2 saves and disc and give the game a go on PCSX2 for the memories.

Advertisement