Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game/games do you always come back to?

Options
  • 25-04-2014 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

As in which games do you always go back to when your tired of playing new titles or just fed up of other games.

For me it's always Crusader Kings 2. It's hard to get tired of this game because its a game you could play through 100 times and no playthrough will be the same.

Football Manager is another though not as much for me anymore as i haven't enjoyed the newer iterations as much as i did with previous ones.

As for multiplayer games it's usually Battlefield or Team Fortress. I think Team Fortress especially is always good for a laugh and never gets too boring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Football manager and fifa every year. Fifa is just handy to pickup for a quick game and fm takes weeks off my life every year and I love it still.

I'll go through phases of overplaying then but always come crawling back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Without fail it's Final Fantasy VII. Still one of my favourite games many years on.

Oblivion is one, though I'd go back to Skyrim more and more as mods improve.

Lastly, and I'm not even slightly ashamed to admit it. I still play Pokemon games when I'm in the mood. Either on my phone with an emulator, a DS and sometimes an old old old GameBoy advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Counter-Strike

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

In recent times, Skyrim.

Over the past decade, Medieval Total War 2 and Civ 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

I guess for me it would be Duke3D thanks to it's modding community which is still active to this day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

waveform wrote: »
    I guess for me it would be Duke3D thanks to it's modding community which is still active to this day.

I've got a 75% voucher for it on steam. Wasn't going to bother but is it worth picking up keeping in mind I've never really played duke nukem games?

I've got a 75% voucher for it on steam. Wasn't going to bother but is it worth picking up keeping in mind I've never really played duke nukem games?

Well it is almost 20 years old so keep that in mind.

Have you played the likes of Doom and Wolf 3D?

If you enjoyed them them you should like it.

For me it is my favourite FPS game of all time, it redefined the genre, and it felt so unlimited at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Diablo franchise. I always come back to it. Mostly D2 Lod and Diablo 3 ( in whatever state it is )

Terarria - always come back to that one. What can I say, sense of discovery and digging is addictive.

Diablo franchise. I always come back to it. Mostly D2 Lod and Diablo 3 ( in whatever state it is )

Terarria - always come back to that one. What can I say, sense of discovery and digging is addictive.

You're missing "and it's not blue" from your sig! ;)

waveform wrote: »
    You're missing "and it's not blue" from your sig! ;)

:pac::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Minecraft in recent years,the content modders produce for the game is enormous,and all free. Best €10,or whatever it was when i bought it,ive ever spent on a game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

GalCiv 2. Just finished a campaign there the other day.

I will add any Civ games to this thread too. You can never say no to a little bit of cocaine! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

Tetris, minesweeper, space invaders, galaxians, pac man, manic miner, and bruce lee

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Robotron, Tempest 2000, Rage Racer, Katamari Damacy, Super Mario Bros 3, Parodius (I have it for the Famicom, Snes, Gameboy, PC Engine and Playstation.) and Virtua Racing, I have that on Megadrive in all three regions, 32X, Saturn and PS2.
    Nearly forgot! Need for Speed and Starblade on my 3DO, love those two.
    And those are the games I keep coming back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭thegame983

I usually play the original Deus Ex around once every two years. Favorite game of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Age of Empires II, Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, Pokemon Yellow, Blue and Crystal on the GBC, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fight Night Round 4, Call of Duty World at War (the only one I really go back to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

For me it was Football Manager from 2005-2010.

I had to quit because it was too addictive. I once played as Napoli manager for 66 seasons!

Honestly, it was like heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Populous: the beginning, dungeon keeper 2, stronghold crusaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Fakman87 wrote: »
    I once played as Napoli manager for 66 seasons!

Oh my God! This is what I looked like when I read that: :eek:

I think 5 seasons was my maximum with Fulham back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If I want a real blast to the past then I will fire up Command & Conquer. It is one of those games that I still replay every few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Oh my God! This is what I looked like when I read that: :eek:

I think 5 seasons was my maximum with Fulham back in the day.

Haha I know!!!

I had the best scouting system in the world so every year I would have the new Messi in my youth team.

I just got sucked into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I keep playing Chaos:Battle of the Wizards on whatever platform will take it so was happy when Gollop announced his Kickstrter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No matter how many times I finish it or how often I get sick of it I always end up firing up FTL again for a quick blast that turns into a 4 hour run, must have finished it about 20 times and then he goes and releases the Advanced Edition.

out.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Mario games. I must have played through mario 64 at least 20 times by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

cloud493 wrote: »
    Mario games. I must have played through mario 64 at least 20 times by now.

I remember back in the day, the challenge was to get 70 stars from one night's rental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Loved Laser Squad on the Spectrum and the Rebelstar games, play them on emulators now, used to play Laser Squad Nemesis online (badly) and Rebelstar Tactical Command on the Gameboy Advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Crusader kings 2. Hearts of Iron 3. Rome total war. Star war phantom menace. And weird love for dynasty warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Fallout and command and conquer series. Both great series!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loved Laser Squad on the Spectrum and the Rebelstar games, play them on emulators now, used to play Laser Squad Nemesis online (badly) and Rebelstar Tactical Command on the Gameboy Advance.

XCom and Terror from the Deep on the PC and PS, you're only man.
    Gollop is a genius.
    Try Ghost recon on the 3ds next

Advertisement