Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 3D cinema entry to see Canonisation of Pope JPII and Pope John XXIII

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Wow.

I wonder what 3d would add to it.

I'm sure it'll be a great morning out for nannies and grandads though. Hope they hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Catholic bashers hanging around like a bad smell as usual, I thought I'd accidentally gone into after hours....

Is no forum free from their scumbaggery?

Isn't it a sin to call someone a scumbag? Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

sweetie wrote: »
    Isn't it a sin to call someone a scumbag? Careful now...

Not if they're an actual scumbag. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cnolan

todolist wrote: »
    If it was a Muslim event would you turn a blind eye to the treatment of women and other things to do with that religion?I bet like most people you'd say nothing.As for God being "A man made phenomenon".A bold statement from a mere mortal.You look at the beauty and gift of life and this world and you can't accept the possibility of a benevolent God who has blessed us.

biggest lol in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

cnolan wrote: »

For non-believers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cnolan

7upfree wrote: »
    For non-believers.

believers claim god made all the nice things in life, do you see that sunset, how could that something so beautiful be here by chance, it must be made by something that never interacts with us, or has ever been proven to exist, but still made that for us?

and not only that. made me. caused me to exist. I am a son of god. according to catholicism.

my question is this why do religious people only look at the good " God created" and not the bad. every day millions of people starve, get disease, die, lose loved ones etc. thanks be to God.

If I were God, and I was all powerful and all that and like santa claus could see everything that everyone in the world does at the same time I would prevent the suffering.

why is God such a dick that he needs to make people suffer?

and how did God get it so wrong that all the world doesn't believe in him? there are numerous different religions and a growing number of people who have seen sense, thanks be to God.

and in God's spare time, does God contemplate who made him or her?

if everyone/thing needs a creator, then who Made God?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭ps200306

Fantastic opportunity to see this great event in 3D, and amazing that it's free. Completely wasted on most people of course, judging by this thread. Good of yiz all to mouth off about why you won't be polluting the seat next to us though. It was important to get that off your chest, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would the bodies not be all decayed now? It'll be showering bits of pope for miles after they fire them out of the cannon. Suppose that's where the 3D will come in to its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Would the bodies not be all decayed now? It'll be showering bits of pope for miles after they fire them out of the cannon. Suppose that's where the 3D will come in to its own.

I am dying

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

cnolan wrote: »
    What did you find so funny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Catholic bashers hanging around like a bad smell as usual, I thought I'd accidentally gone into after hours....

Is no forum free from their scumbaggery?

Think your mixing up "catholic bashers" with religion bashers, religion bashers dont discriminate, they dislike all religions equally :D

Wonder if half the people calling themselves Catholic have actually read the bible cover to cover? :rolleyes:

Anywho cheers op wonder if i can book ALL the tickets , could make a killing selling them outside mass tomorrow :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Soarer wrote: »
    Just in case I wasn't clear before, I believe all religion is made up. How any logical person can believe there's a "person" up in the sky looking down on us is beyond me. Even my 5 year old asked me when he was 4 "Dad, how can holy god see us from all the way up there?" To this day I've no idea how to answer him.
    Got to ask. Who told your son about god in the first place?

Id be interested to what kind of turnout they get for the cinema thing. Doesn't strike me as a big draw.

The wife.
    She believes in all that stuff. Both kids have been baptised, but it was all her doing. Brings the eldest fella to mass every Sunday too.

7upfree wrote: »
    Nope. But scumbags indeed are the anti-Catholic trolls that populate any thread which deals with Catholicism.

Ha!

You have 32 posts here in Bargain Alerts, and you've the nerve to call other posters trolls?

Also, lest you forget..."Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour".

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I reckon even those among us with fairly dark pasts are safe in a battle of whos the bigger scumbag with the Catholic church.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Probably to do with the world wide evidence of child abuse and subsequent cover ups. You might be able to turn a blind eye to all that, but I certainly can't.

There's also the small matter of there's no such thing as (any) God, and religion is a man made phenomenon designed to instill fear and control the masses.

But shur each to their own.

What about Thor, he's a god, and a superhero?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

The wife.
    She believes in all that stuff. Both kids have been baptised, but it was all her doing. Brings the eldest fella to mass every Sunday too.

And if she hadn't, then the church would have wrapped him up the first day he entered school and was most vulnerable, having been separated from his mother. Then the school would soften him up and fill his impressionable little head with nonsense before handing him over to the beasts in black. All in all, a bright future for our children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭ps200306

Oryx wrote: »
    Id be interested to what kind of turnout they get for the cinema thing. Doesn't strike me as a big draw.

When I booked Dundrum, it was the fifth to last seat left in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I was interested to see what live footage looks like in 3D but my screen is just blue on Sky. Have to put the popcorn back :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

This all started with an incorrectly titled bargain alert. Otherwise all the sinners would have wandered on by, avoiding the pope canons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Making a Saint out of a man who spent two decades covering up child sexual abuse.

You stay classy R.C.C.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement