Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run run run run run run run....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Outside

jebuz wrote: »
    Hey lads, butt away :)

Hi Outside, I see HR was simple a good feedback parameter for training and that's all, I wouldn't even consider pacing a race based on HR feedback because as Narcooo pointed out, there's the cardiac drift element so for me it's all about listening to your internal feedback and pace it on effort.

I didn't actual decide on the marathon HR of 160, it's simply based on my last marathon effort and assuming it's not going to be far off for the next one as my max HR will likely not have shifted. The purpose of monitoring the HR last week was to get a good idea if that pace is a realistic target for Frankfurt and I was pleasantly surprised to see it looks about right. I would fully expect it to start drifting however around 20 miles so when you factor that in the overall average should be about 160.

Also a great point by ecoli Myles on the other variables such as muscle efficiency and oxygen uptake which collectively determine your overall performance meaning HR should never be viewed in isolation when comparing 1 or more individuals.

I don't pay much attention to the recommended % ranges or zones, over time I've figured out based on trial and error what my own ideal HR zones are based on feel, e.g recovery for me is always 118-124 bpm, that feels right and I generally feel fresh for the next session but you know that might be completely different for somebody with the same max/resting HR as me.

I agree with you though, it's very nice to see the your pace gradually increasing as HR remains the same, a tangible sign of improvement so in that sense it's a very useful parameter to monitor and can even serve as a mental motivator to know your training is working. I find also taking the resting HR daily can be useful for detecting early signs of overtraining or illness (even 5 beats above your typical resting HR can be a warning sign).

Thanks very much Jebuz, ya that all makes sense. I can see now alright how pacing off HR could be such a bad idea, too many outside factors also affecting HR. I'll try noting resting hr for a while and see how that goes. Some days can feel pretty wiped so it'd be good to confim that with a high resting HR for a few days.

Hopefully I'll be at Charleville too so might see ya there.

Good luck with training!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Monday 24/08 (AM) - 45 mins @ 7:41 m/m
    Monday 24/08 (PM) - 45 mins @ 7:20 m/m
    I've come to the point where I have no longer anything to say about my easy runs. Ok I'll try, one was before work and the other was after work. I saw a blue car and a little white dog who barked at me (rude).

Tuesday 25/08 - 15 miles @ 7:14 m/m
    This was a bit of a slog to be honest. I suppose I've been due a crap run and this was it, the body felt way off the boil tonight. First few miles were grand (all downhill) but when I hit 4/5 miles I was tipping along at an effort that felt like 6:45 pace but looked at the watch and surprised to see 7:20 pace. There was a fair old wind out tonight but that wasn't the sole reason, physically I was just tired. I didn't want to force it so just accepted it, pulled back the pace and got on with it. I met a clubmate when I turned for home so ticked off 4/5 miles with him which was a welcome distraction and then last few miles uphill I was just longing for the run to end. I'll keep an eye on the effort over the next few runs as could be an early indicator of overdoing it but I'm not worried really...no really!

Wednesday 26/08 (AM) - 50 mins @ 7:58 m/m
    Wednesday 26/08 (PM) - 40 mins @ 7:41 m/m
    Felt fine on these, HR seemed about right on both so nothing really to panic about after last nights difficulties. Made sure to take it extra handy on the PM run so I'm fresh for the tempo tomorrow.

Thursday 27/08 - 12+ miles with 35 min track tempo
    Fairly windy on the track this evening but for the most part this was manageable despite that little bit of extra effort. I made the step up to 35 mins for the first time in this marathon cycle, was in with a clubmate for the majority so was just a case of ticking off the laps working together and picked it up slightly for the last 5 mins as I was out on my own, hit the 10k mark in 35:36 which is encouraging to see.

Mile paces:
    1. 5:45
    2. 5:44
    3. 5:47
    4. 5:43
    5. 5:42
    6. 5:41
    7 (0.2 mile) 5:34

Friday 28/08 - 55 min @ 7:48 m/m
    Felt very lethargic for the first 2 miles but eventually woke up. Starting to notice the cumulative tiredness a little this week so next week I reckon its time to hold back a little.

Saturday 29/08 - Grass Session: 10/9/8/7 (mins off 2 min recovery)
    Very satisfying session today despite the rain trying its best to ruin it. In with a good strong marathon group for this who dragged me along today. The tiredness is still there and I felt I was clinging on at times but was glad to keep these reps pretty steady overall. First 10 mins were just getting into the groove, dark clouds were threatening. Onto the 9 min rep, this was hard, the legs were feeling tired and I started having serious doubts about the rest of the session. 8 min rep, the rain started hitting us and the ground was getting softer and softer though I was feeling a lot stronger and had settled well into the session. 7 min rep was when the fun started, torrential rain hammering us and we were slapping through the mud. The pace obviously suffered a little but not hugely, 3 guys went flying on their arses on one of the last bends (hilarious) but ended up sticking with the pack right until the end, this was a real quality group effort and this camaraderie is what makes training that little bit more enjoyable.

Splits (2 min recovery):
    10 mins @ 5:28 m/m
    9 mins @ 5:31 m/m
    8 mins @ 5:28 m/m
    7 mins @ 5:34 m/m

Sunday 30/08 - 22 miles @ 7:06 m/m
    Really starting to tick off the long runs now and they're feeling pretty comfortable overall. Compared to my training for Dublin this time last year I think I only managed about 2 or 3 20 milers but already I've 7 logged including a solid marathon paced effort. Plan today was 22 miles and they seemed to just fly by in the group. First 2 were pedestrian but we picked up to finish the last 10 or so around 6:50 pace which felt very manageable. 2:36 on my feet...just saying :pac:

Weekly milage: 92

Monday 31/08 - AM: 40 mins @ 8:06 m/m & PM: 40 mins @ 7:54 m/m
    Legs very fatigued today so decided to take it easy for the first part of the week and see how the rest of the week goes. Very easy recovery efforts before and after work, an impending trip to Holland would ensure I'd be forced to take it handy anyway.

Tuesday 01/09 - 45 mins @ 7:44 min/mile
    6am flight to Holland and then after a long day in work I was pretty wrecked so just got out for a very easy 45 mins. For the pace I was running effort was way too high so this confirmed my decision to back off for a few days.

Wednesday 02/09 - 40 mins @ 8:09 min/mile
    An early morning jog around Tilburg before heading into work, really nice morning felt a little more refreshed but decided to take the evening completely off. Tiring day, didn't get up to hotel in Schiphol until after 11pm so evening run wouldn't have happened either way.

Thursday 03/09 - 35 min on track @ MP (5:56 m/m avg) (12 miles)
    Early flight home to Cork, into work for a few hours and then headed down to the club for 6pm still unsure of the plan. On the jog down I was feeling seriously crap, decided I wouldn't flog myself doing a hard tempo so decided to jump into the 6 min group today and run at planned marathon pace. It was a good decision as I finished this feeling really good. Effort felt really comfortable once I got going, group finished after 30 mins and I was well able to pick it up to ~5:40 m/m for the last 5 mins.

Friday 04/09 - 50 mins @ 7:30 min/mile
    Felt like I turned a corner today, the effort was back where it should be so the session last night felt like the right call. Enjoyed this one a lot and taking it easy for the first few days of the week seems to have made a big difference.

Saturday 05/09 - Grass Session: 10/9/8/7 (mins w/2 min recovery - 12 miles)
    Another quality Saturday session in the bag - these have been the key sessions over the last few months and good to see the pace still creeping up. Good dry morning for it, very breezy but overall the effort was spot on. Big group today and early on in the first 10 min rep the groups had already split. A group of 10 or so ahead flew off pretty quickly and started opening a gap. There were lads in there I know I should be sticking with but I glanced at the watch and I was tipping along at 5:30 m/m so I decided to stick where I was alongside another clubmate who I knew paced sessions sensibly. Nothing to be gained being a hero in the first rep, it's a long session if you burn out too early. Into the 9 min rep and early on I started feeling it (I always do at the start of the 2nd!!) but soon I started feeling ok and in control, always takes me 10-15 mins to feel my way into these sessions. The top group was already breaking up after the hot pace early on but I stuck a lot closer to them this time. 8 min rep was getting tough but I focussed and kept the effort controlled as pace was gradually picking up, I started making up a lot of ground on the first group as some were fading. 7 minute rep, last big effort so I got stuck in with the top group which was down to about 5, effort increased but felt great and finished feeling very strong alongside my buddy from the first rep.

Splits:
    10 mins @ 5:32 m/m
    9 mins @ 5:26 m/m
    8 mins @ 5:28 m/m
    7 mins @ 5:21 m/m

• Advertisement

Sunday 06/09 - 23 miles @ 6:50 m/m
    This was a great run and looking back at it this morning I really have come to appreciate my journey over the last few years considering this was the pace of my first marathon in Dublin almost 3 years ago. Met up at 8am with with a nice big group on a stunningly beautiful morning down at Blackrock castle. We set off on a loop towards Rochestown along the coast with the sunshine glistening on the surface of the sea, effort was nice and relaxed over the first few miles as we worked down to 6:50 pace. We got back to base at 11 miles and the group was down to 4 of us, all training for different marathons so we decided to do the same loop again and add an extra mile since the lads were planning on 23. My plan was just 20 but I was enjoying the run, legs felt good so I went off with them again for the second loop. The effort picked up at times down to 6:30's but still felt really good and overall this run has really assured me that the training is working well and I'm well on track for Frankfurt.

Edit: how could I forget to mention the toblerone cheesecake the night beforehand. It's back in the good books :D

Weekly milage: 74

Milage a little higher than anticipated this week as I was planning on pulling it right back but after the first few easy days early in the week I started feeling good again so just went with it. This week I'm hoping to sneak a 5k race in on Thursday but with the milage still high I have no huge expectations, but some expectations :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

This week I'm hoping to sneak a 5k race in on Thursday but with the milage still high I have no huge expectations, but some expectations :pac:

You just wanna win the weeks hol!

Monday 07/09 - (AM) 40 mins @ 7:57 m/m + (PM) 45 mins @ 7:40 m/m
    Not much to say about these, pure recovery runs after the abuse my legs received over the weekend. Felt pretty ok for both and eh...that's about it. Thanks.

Tuesday 08/09 (AM) 30 mins @ 7:36 m/m + (PM) 15 miles @ 7:11 m/m
    With the 5k planned for Thursday I'm taking a rare day off on Wednesday so decided to get out for 30 minutes before work to keep the milage up. Headed off then for 15 miles after work with a clubmate. Took in a nice trip down to the marina and back, pace nice and relaxed and time just flew by. Felt really strong coming back up the hill to home so good run, legs feeling good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

viperlogic wrote: »
    You just wanna win the weeks hol!

So, looks like we are going on hols!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Congrats on your win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Enjoy the take away. Well earned!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dublin9210

One of the best logs on here.Well done with the improvements.Seems to be a great group in Leevale.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Outside

Nice one Jebuz, looking forward to the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Excellent work and a PB too - happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

just seen your result, well done on the PB and the victory

alright time to get the finger out on the race report before I completely suppress it forever...

Thursday 10/09 - St. Lukes Home 5k race (1st, 16:12) @ 5:13 m/m (9+ miles)

I picked this race out a few weeks earlier as a potential target. Nice flat course, good timing on a Thursday (instead of a tempo) and the thoughts of a sub 16 5k are always lingering, threatening and pestering. On the morning of the race, the coach told me not to kill myself, I'd run 23 miles on the Sunday and 19 Tuesday so despite a day off before it, the legs were always going to be somewhat tired. This kind of took some of the pressure off for me so I was just going to go out and give it a good hard effort with no expectations of a sub 16.

Got down to the marina after work, familiar stomping ground of my 20+ milers every Sunday. I registered before heading off with our own viperlogic for a 20 minute warm up. We were running the route in reverse and the head wind was pretty severe, it wasn't filling me with huge positivity and the body just felt very tired. Still I just reminded myself that this is not a goal race and good substitute for a session so on we trudged up to the start line with minutes to spare.

I looked around on the start and didn't really spot any runners I knew had the capability of going sub 16, I was kind of hoping I could find someone to work with. Even more surprising when you consider first prize was a week holiday in Europe.

Mile 1 - 5:15
    So eventually the race started as most races do. A large gaggle of greyhounds shot out as usual, probably 20+ ahead of me but within half a mile it was probably down to about 7 or 8. I was moving comfortably and slowly gaining ground on the group. We had to make a very sudden and quite dangerous turn onto the marina walkway but I was lucky there wasn't too many people around me. Onto the familiar walkway and I looked ahead to see 4 maybe 5 ahead of me. It was around now I told myself I could win this if I played it right. As we ticked onto the first mile I was feeling good, didn't even glance down at the watch as I didn't want to even know about my time. To be fair the watch might as well have been in the car today because I didn't look at it until I'd crossed the line and was more than happy to just run the race by effort, much more enjoyable than the last 5k in that sense.

Mile 2 - 5:22
    I was probably sitting in 4th or 5th now but without increasing the effort I was gradually moving my way up the field as some of the eager runners were starting to tire. We headed quickly up and down the pedestrian bridge flyover which was the only real hill of note. Coming off the bridge I felt the pace naturally increasing and made my way into 2nd place. Ahead of me in 1st, maybe 10-15 yards was a M40 runner, Roy, didn't know him at the time but a well established local runner who once won the Cork marathon in 2:30 under my own coach. I noticed how I was gaining on him slowly and my effort was still nice and steady. The wind was not on our side for this mile but I knew the final mile would be a lot quicker with the wind behind us. My plan was to stay patient, level with him by the end of this mile and then put in the effort to try take the win. We started to turn and I felt the wind now behind my back, much better. I drew level and matched his effort for a while before I decided it was time to go and try win this thing.

Mile 3 - 5:07 (+ 0:28 for 0.1 mile)
    I had no idea what pace I was running or what sort of time I was on for but this was completely at the back of my mind. I focussed on the cyclist ahead as I pushed on and started opening up a gap on Roy. He wasn't going anywhere quickly, I could hear the footsteps chasing me down, I needed to work harder. I was able to force it a little more though really starting to hurt now. I could see the corner ahead of me for what felt like miles, I knew once I rounded the corner I was only 400 meters from home so that was the target. Little did I know that Roy had been passed by a Polish guy and he was stealthy because I had no idea how close he was, I heard no footsteps now. I knew I was close now, I was praying for the finish but sustaining a good effort and was confident I had the win. I turned the corner for home and saw the finish gantry, I found another gear and pushed hard all the way to the finish. To my surprise the Polish guy was only 5 seconds behind me without me even knowing he was there so in that sense I'm lucky I kept the effort going until the finish. I checked my watch to see a 16:13 which I was actually delighted with considering this was more of a tactical effort. Official result was a 1 second PB which I think is good going in the heavy period of a marathon cycle.

Always nice to pick up a decent prize but I was happier with the effort and this has given me a good boost going into Charleville next week. In terms of actual effort, this didn't feel as hard as the last 2 5k's so I think the sub 16 is there for me soon, maybe not this year but I think with some focussed sessions I am almost there.

Met our own skeleton_boy (Steve) afterwards who has just moved down to Cork. He ran a savage 16:45 and came 5th, so much potential and only 24 so I've already recruited him and he'll be coming down to Leevale (we just need to sort out his marathon sandbagging). Steve was heading to do some MP (6:40 m/m) miles after the race so I joined him as we ran the route again and the legs felt really good. Overall definitely merited the trip down to the marina and also I'll be holding a competition to determine who comes on the holiday - PM 100 words or less "Why I should go on the holiday with jebuz" :D

Friday 11/09 - 55 mins @ 7:30 m/m
    Early run before work. Felt surprisingly good for this despite the race last night. Enjoyed it while thinking about a variety of things.

Saturday 12/09 - 65 mins @ 7:27 m/m
    Was at a wedding all day Friday and didn't get to bed until 4am. Still, like clockwork I woke early and made my way down to the farm for 9:30. I was a very delicate flower and almost made a rookie mistake joining a session. A clubmate made me see sense so I just jogged (slogged) it around the pitches for an hour or so before heading home to bed.

Sunday 13/09 - 15 miles @ 6:57 m/m
    Horrible wet and windy morning but didn't stop a large group of idiotic runners meeting up at 8am for a long run. Just 15 miles on the plan today because of Charleville next week so it almost felt lazy compared to previous weeks. This one just flew by, conditions were terrible but it's always so much easier in a group and time seems to just go quicker. Effort was fine, legs felt good so no complaints. Somehow managed to pause my watch for about a mile (I swear) so thats why it reads short.

well done again on your win and PB.

Was looking at last years results from Charleville and seen your name. I haven't actually spoken to anyone who has ran the course before. What's your take on it? Do you have a time in mind also?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

"Why I should go on the holiday with jebuz":
    I should go on holidays with jebuz, because.....

Nah, I got nothing..
    I'll buy my round?
    I don't own any budgie smugglers?

Where are we going anyway?

well done again on your win and PB.

Was looking at last years results from Charleville and seen your name. I haven't actually spoken to anyone who has ran the course before. What's your take on it? Do you have a time in mind also?

It's quick, that's evident from the times but that could also be explained by the fact it pulls in a lot of decent runners. I found it tough going at times (especially 5/6 miles in) there are drags but overall a fair course with the potential of a good PB if paced well. A lot of people flew off last year because of the quick first mile and the reputation of it being so flat, by mid way there were casualties. Can't compare it to Athlone but it's most definitely quicker than Clonmel and Dublin. Last couple of miles aren't the easiest so keep something in the tank.

I knew you'd try squeeze a time out of me. I think a low 73 wouldn't be out of my scope right now, thats roughly 10 sec/mile quicker than last year so if I have a good day that's what I'd be looking at. What about you? I'm thinking about sitting in and annoying you for the whole thing.
    "Why I should go on the holiday with jebuz":
    I should go on holidays with jebuz, because.....

Nah, I got nothing..
    I'll buy my round?
    I don't own any budgie smugglers?

Where are we going anyway?

I understand KC, I don't even want to go with me. Apparently I've got a choice of magical destinations throughout Europe so I'm thinking...Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Leevale sounds like a deadly club, great to have a massive group of good lads and lassies to train with. They must be a massive force in Munster XC. Great running as well.

• Advertisement

I knew you'd try squeeze a time out of me. I think a low 73 wouldn't be out of my scope right now, thats roughly 10 sec/mile quicker than last year so if I have a good day that's what I'd be looking at. What about you? I'm thinking about sitting in and annoying you for the whole thing.

Damn it, I was planning on doing the same to you. Low 73 would be good going for me. Would have been hoping for faster a few weeks ago but not as confident now. I was hoping you were going tell me that the course was ridiculously fast :) well even faster than it is.

Damn it, I was planning on doing the same to you. Low 73 would be good going for me. Would have been hoping for faster a few weeks ago but not as confident now. I was hoping you were going tell me that the course was ridiculously fast :) well even faster than it is.

It can be ridiculously fast, if you run ridiculously fast ;)

That's a well achievable target for you, I'm sure there'll be a group of us around that pace so it'll make things a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

From following both logs I think both you and TRR are well capable of stringing together 13 5.30s, it's a matter of committing to it from the start and hanging on. HM is very different to 10k where the speed required can really catch you out, HM is more of a grind. My pb is 70.40 and I have a handful of sub 71and they didn't feel anymore difficult really than my 72-73 min ones just that I set my stall out early to really go for it. It's a good course from what I hear and a great time of year so the opportunity to run a fast time is there if your willing to gamble your respectable time for a fast time. Best of luck to you both anyway, you are in great shape I'm sure both results will reflect that.

ultrapercy wrote: »
    From following both logs I think both you and TRR are well capable of stringing together 13 5.30s, it's a matter of committing to it from the start and hanging on. HM is very different to 10k where the speed required can really catch you out, HM is more of a grind. My pb is 70.40 and I have a handful of sub 71and they didn't feel anymore difficult really than my 72-73 min ones just that I set my stall out early to really go for it. It's a good course from what I hear and a great time of year so the opportunity to run a fast time is there if your willing to gamble your respectable time for a fast time. Best of luck to you both anyway, you are in great shape I'm sure both results will reflect that.

Thanks UP but for feck sake! We are trying to do some serious sandbagging here and you are messing up our attempts! :)

Agree that you need to get into your running early on and set your stall out but back in Bohermeen last March I went for a sub 73 when it really wasn't there on the day, kept pushing when I should have backed off. Was a horrible last 3 miles. Will be a little more conservative this weekend for the first 10k.

yeah, stop trying to make us run faster UP! Seriously, thanks for the encouragement, it's good to get others opinions on what I may or may not be capable of and I think you're right, it's going to be a serious grind but there's a good PB there if I commit to it from the start.

Might aswell log while I'm here...

Monday 16/09 - [AM] 45 mins @ 8 m/m & [PM] 45 mins @ 7:16 m/m
    I was 4 seconds away from turning over and forgetting about the early run but I forced myself up on a soggy miserable Monday morning and I just got it done, blegh. After work I headed into the city for the second round and was feeling great after a few miles so let the pace pick up and just went with it.

Tuesday 17/09 - 15 miles @ 7:04 m/m
    Torrential downpour at 5pm so was happy to see this clear up by 5:30pm when I headed off with a clubmate from work. We took a similar route as last week into the city and a loop around the marina. Felt a little tired early on but this would be the last long one before reeling it in for Charleville. Around 10 miles in we met skeleton_boy (looks nothing like a skeleton, but has bones and is a boy so not completely untrue) for all of 2 minutes, we were supposed to meet him along the route earlier but he got lost and was almost finished his run when we met him. Picked up the pace for a few miles before tackling the blarney climb and felt really good finishing this despite being abused by the rain for the last 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dublin9210

pconn062 wrote: »
    Leevale sounds like a deadly club, great to have a massive group of good lads and lassies to train with. They must be a massive force in Munster XC. Great running as well.

Munster maybe but they only had one runner in the National XC championships & no team in the National road relays.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Dublin9210 wrote: »
    Munster maybe but they only had one runner in the National XC championships & no team in the National road relays.

They won the women's road relay in Raheny. Also took the national 10k senior title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

yeah, stop trying to make us run faster UP! Seriously, thanks for the encouragement, it's good to get others opinions on what I may or may not be capable of and I think you're right, it's going to be a serious grind but there's a good PB there if I commit to it from the start.

Might aswell log while I'm here...

Monday 16/09 - [AM] 45 mins @ 8 m/m & [PM] 45 mins @ 7:16 m/m
    I was 4 seconds away from turning over and forgetting about the early run but I forced myself up on a soggy miserable Monday morning and I just got it done, blegh. After work I headed into the city for the second round and was feeling great after a few miles so let the pace pick up and just went with it.

Tuesday 17/09 - 15 miles @ 7:04 m/m
    Torrential downpour at 5pm so was happy to see this clear up by 5:30pm when I headed off with a clubmate from work. We took a similar route as last week into the city and a loop around the marina. Felt a little tired early on but this would be the last long one before reeling it in for Charleville. Around 10 miles in we met skeleton_boy (looks nothing like a skeleton, but has bones and is a boy so not completely untrue) for all of 2 minutes, we were supposed to meet him along the route earlier but he got lost and was almost finished his run when we met him. Picked up the pace for a few miles before tackling the blarney climb and felt really good finishing this despite being abused by the rain for the last 30 mins.

Sorry about that. Didn't know where you'd be coming from once I hit the city center and thought I'd meet ye just before then. That's some climb up blarney st!!

Really enjoyed tonight, despite the downpour towards the end. Will certainly be back again.

Best of luck on Sunday once again.

Cheers Steve, great you enjoyed the track last night and glad to hear you'll be back. Get a good rest in after Eindhoven and then come back to the club, you'll find a group to settle in with pretty quickly.

Ok I'm just about done for Charleville now, time to get the legs up and not think about the race.

Wednesday 16/09 - 60 mins @ 8:13 m/m
    Winding it down now for Sunday so the plan was 60 very easy minutes. Turned off all data on the watch and took in a nice relaxed loop of the city. Legs felt tired at times but nothing new there.

Thursday 17/09 - 20 min tempo @ ~5:30 m/m (9+ miles)
    I'm not a big fan of these sessions before a target race, no mater what happens you always seem to come away thinking how the fork am I going to run that pace for X minutes. Anyway, it wasn't quite as bad as that, in fact probably better than expected. Jumped in with a couple of club mates who are tapering for Berlin as the rest of the club went running hills - lucky escape. The garmin pace is always dodgy on the track but averaged 5:33 for the 20 minutes and the effort felt hard as expected but manageable. Could I have kept going for longer? sure. Could I have kept going for 50+ more minutes? Let's find out Sunday.

Friday 18/09 - 40 mins @ 8:01 m/m
    Words cannot describe how little I have to say about this run.

Now it's all up to TRR to drag me around Charleville, no pressure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Best of luck on Sunday, looks like you're flying again. (Apart from this morning but that doesn't count!)

Advertisement