Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF with help from Electric Ireland, Bring you a shocking night of frights.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

So no ghosts, but several people woke up covered in ectoplasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ya, ectoplasm. That's what it was :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Chucken wrote: »
    Ya, ectoplasm. That's what it was :/

I believe it was ectojizz.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

A spooky spooky ghost?

Was Randy Marsh close by?

We're sorry for the lack of updates.

Unfortunately Internet connection wasn't as good as we had hoped and trying to post proved difficult and frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Patser

I can confirm though that medieval Knight's armour is easily defeated with a teaspoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have never been so close to killing someone before as i was right there and then!

How the hell could anyone wear something like that in a battle, you'd be getting hit constantly and you'd hear nothing after 2 or 3 minutes

Am I still banned from Donegal and Leitrim then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yup, and not only the boards but the counties too

Not my problem you never played Knifey Spoony before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think my hangover just kicked in a minute ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

None of this ever happened. Did it.

None of this ever happened. Did it.

I'm not sure what happened. All I know is I've developed a huge fear of bathrooms :(

Chucken wrote: »
    I'm not sure what happened. All I know is I've developed a huge fear of bathrooms :(

It wasn't anything to do with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Fair play to all involved. Was nice to meet you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

We're sorry for the lack of updates.

Unfortunately Internet connection wasn't as good as we had hoped and we were having too much fun to bother anyways.

Truth filter applied :p

Truth filter applied :p

3G connection was mostly non existant. There was a wifi connection but it kept dropping. Although we could only get the TV to play movies in chinese and in pink too so we may not have been the most technically able bunch :P

(we won't mention that there were a number of IT heads there too!).

We also tried to download a ouiji board app but again with the internet connection :D

Good craic all the same. Disappointed that there wasn't a serial killer amongst us, turns out people off the internet are actually pretty sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

(we won't mention that there were a number of IT heads there too!).

We wont mention that somebody forgot the remote :p

Good craic all the same. Disappointed that there wasn't a serial killer amongst us, turns out people off the internet are actually pretty sound!

I'm usually pretty good at the serial killing, but I was having an off day.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

If you have never been to Ross Castle in Co Meath, Go.

It is nestled between a few counties and right on the lovely shores of Lough Sheelin. The last few miles before the castle are narrow and windy. it certainly sets a scene.

The owners, Benita and Sam are truly wonderful people and very gracious hosts. Sorry about the mess :o. It was a real pleasure to meet you both and Alex and Sam. Thanks for Breakfast. :D

Ok, so a timeline on events.

I arrive to the castle and am told by our hosts, "What time do you want breakfast?, we will leave you at it. See you tomorrow"

So that was that, we were going to be alone in one of the most haunted castles............ever.

When I say alone, I mean 12 SSF donators and 3 AH mods. A night full of ghosts or a night with this crowd? :p

People arrive between 1400- 1600. Back up guy and Kowloon arrive late. There is always one two :p

We have a meet and greet session, the session continued :p. Soon after we had dinner. Thankfully we had plenty to eat and Chuckens chicken really went down a treat :D.

Around 1900 we went on a field trip to Lough Sheelin. It is a mere 4-5 minute walk away and is beautiful. Many fishing boats idle the time away here. When I come back I will do the same.

We weren't here for fishing though. At the lakeside a history of the castle and it's previous owners was told. Not unsurprisingly, it is a tragic history. More can be read here.

Up until this point everything was a bit of craic but soon it turned dark and with it, the mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

And then what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Also, anything freaky happen?
    Like did someone get the roide !?

We learned that Micky is great at telling stories ;)

Really.

Up until this point everything was a bit of craic but soon it turned dark and with it, the mood.

Yeah, sorry I was late :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Lough Sheelin is back in the news. RIP.

Advertisement