Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouya console - ~ €95 on Amazon.com (inc P&P and Import)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Nope 133 I dont mind paying extra for quick delivery.

I think you're in the wrong forum sir. We don't care for those sort of free spending ways here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

groom wrote: »
    I think you're in the wrong forum sir. We don't care for those sort of free spending ways here. :)

I got the bargain.......just spent extra for a quicker bargain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

gsp119 wrote: »
    I have one of these about 2 months now - very easy to set up.. runs xbmc fine
    my only niggle with it is the fan - gets very loud...

If fans bothers people they should buy this fan
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/noctua-NF-A4X10-FLX/dp/B009LEJ6RY/ref=pd_sim_vg_h__1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KHWBN2MTAP3W8ZB39Z5

It's makes a great difference for only £12 roughly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I still think myself e100 is a little bit too much as the new Ouya 2 limited edition revision is coming out soon and so this might drop a bit further. Only difference I can see between the two is a 16GB storage and a different colour though.

There are talks of an OUYA 2 coming out in 2014 though.

I have one for XBMC and it is brilliant though. Nice and snappy compared to the RPi.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got one of these when they were $70 on Amazon.com

Great wee thing and really snappy at running xbmc and plex, much better than my ATV 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Mines posted already roll on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

AntiRip wrote: »
    If fans bothers people they should buy this fan
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/noctua-NF-A4X10-FLX/dp/B009LEJ6RY/ref=pd_sim_vg_h__1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KHWBN2MTAP3W8ZB39Z5

It's makes a great difference for only £12 roughly

Thanks for that.. Going to order that little gem now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Farmer wrote: »

I use the k400, works well. Not a huge need for it though, useful for typing but you don't do a lot of it. I would see how you get on with the controller before buying a keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

XBMC has always been slightly broken for me. Always having to update this update that, then it works some days and doesn't work other days.

I'm just not bothered anymore. These days I just use Showbox and mobdro which does the job.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Anyone who does pick one up, I'm working on a game that I should be releasing in the next couple of weeks.

"Car-Ni-Val" is a couch co-op [1-8 player] collection of mini games where players control cars in different scenarios. AI is available, but it is better with buddies!

If anyone wants to try it there is a demo and more info here.

Its going to be free, so I guess that means I'm not shilling right :p

Farmer wrote: »
    I use a combination of Droidmote and Yatze but gotten myself a Flicr ( IR USB receiver) and the plan is to use an Apple remote with it

AntiRip wrote: »
    I still think myself e100 is a little bit too much as the new Ouya 2 is coming out soon and so this might drop a bit further. Only difference I can see between the two is a 16GB storage and a different colour though.

That's not the Ouya 2....that a limited edition revision of the current Ouya. I don't think the Ouya 2 has even been given the go ahead yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I got one of these during Kickstarter. I leave it on 24/7 and it neither gets hot, nor would I consider the fan to be loud.
    The XBMC experience is (now) absolutely faultless on OUYA, and I have run many iterations on many platforms. The only drawback is no built in IR, but you can download an APP (I use YATSE) to control.
    It has recently had Cyanogen 11 mod made available to it for those that fancy the full Android Experience and all that goes along with it.
    I actually love some of the games from their store - Towerfall is the best game I have played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

My mother was having issues with her Raspberry Pi so ordered this for her. Thanks OP

All the reviews have this 30 year old giddy like a kid at xmas!

I've only just gone and hooked up my Sky Remote to my Ouya :)

It is sweet

groom wrote: »
    I've only just gone and hooked up my Sky Remote to my Ouya :)

It is sweet

How'd you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Might pick one up.. I have a steam account.. If i have games on the PC.. can I download them to this without paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

NeVeR wrote: »
    Might pick one up.. I have a steam account.. If i have games on the PC.. can I download them to this without paying?

The only way to get pc games on the ouya is through the Kainy app.

• Advertisement

All the reviews have this 30 year old giddy like a kid at xmas!

It just arrived!!!!!!!

And all of you laughed at me for paying the extra delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

varuka wrote: »
    The only way to get pc games on the ouya is through the Kainy app.

Doesn't Steam run on this ?

Are there different games on Steam for PC and the Ouya ?

I thought the same game would run on both devices ? .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's not a steam box / high end PC, it's an android box tailored for gaming. It might be possible to mirror you laptop using the kainy app mentioned but I use a hdmi lead for my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

It just arrived!!!!!!!

And all of you laughed at me for paying the extra delivery :D

Mine hasn't even dispatched yet!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

How'd you do that?

Yeah!
    Interested in that too :)

Was looking at the flirc...

glued wrote: »
    Mine hasn't even dispatched yet!!

Muhahahahahahah should have payed up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

To those that have bought enjoy

To those that are thinking about it I have had one for a little while now and have it running the latest version of XBMC Gotham

So far so goo, it streams from my Nas drive and USB drive perfectly and I have a few video add ons running with no issues

I had a G-Box midnight before this and I thought it was alright but could never get it working properly as the remote was terrible and even with wireless mouse and keyboard attached I couldn't get all the menu options to work

I find the controller for the OuYa works really well and you can use some pretty skins on it

Very happy with it so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

To those that have bought enjoy

To those that are thinking about it I have had one for a little while now and have it running the latest version of XBMC Gotham

I had a G-Box midnight before this and I thought it was alright but could never get it working properly as the remote was terrible and even with wireless mouse and keyboard attached I couldn't get all the menu options to work

I find the controller for the OuYa works really well and you can use some pretty skins on it

Very happy with it so far :)

Do you have any problems with Gotham builds for some repositories missing resource files
    I've just set it up and the beta Gotham builds seem a little buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Do you have any problems with Gotham builds for some repositories missing resource files
    I've just set it up and the beta Gotham builds seem a little buggy

No but i don't use many of the add-ons so far, just 1channel and Ice Films and a couple of sports ones

It will take a while for some add-ons to be updated for Gotham I would imagine but they will all be updated at some stage, you could always use an older version of Frodo though, should work fine

*Edit*
    Actually 1channel isn't working, seems it might be a Gotham bug, it will get fixed soon I would imagine

• Advertisement

Is it easy to get play store on these?

Advertisement