Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeding Gift Amount

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Sounds like Murphyebass' friends are high maintenance on their expectations of what their guests will spend on their appearance as well as what the expect to be gifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

My boyfriend and I have given 100 between us the last few weddings we've been to, including a wedding of one of his cousins, because that's what we can currently afford. We're just cheapskates, I guess! :rolleyes:

If thats what you feel you can afford so be it. Whats with the :rolleyes:?
    Sounds like Murphyebass' friends are high maintenance on their expectations of what their guests will spend on their appearance as well as what the expect to be gifted.

No need to get personal about my friends Electric Sheep. I'll report you the next time. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

If thats what you feel you can afford so be it. Whats with the :rolleyes:?

No need to get personal about my friends Electric Sheep. I'll report you the next time. Thanks.

Feel free to do so right now if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

because you just HAD to have organza chair covers instead of regular.

So that is what they are called. They are dire looking, the chairs look like they are all wearing ill fitting condoms.

Anyhow, I will be this wedding soldier soon. I'm a broke 'mature' student, struggling to pay rent. Ah well.
    The brother is getting married. He is from Dublin, they live in Dublin, but the wedding is in the west where she comes from. Bank holiday weekend, service starts at 12.30pm so little hope of getting down on the day, regardless he wants me to be there for a rehearsal the night before and to stick around the day after. Will be 400 quid spent on hotel and trains alone, fml.

I don't get invited to a lot of weddings thankfully, and he will probably only get married a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

or promising to buy the trees for my eldest brothers orchard when he finally gets around to sorting it out!

+1

This has to be the best idea for a wedding present I have ever heard of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Our Year wrote: »
    So that is what they are called. They are dire looking, the chairs look like they are all wearing ill fitting condoms.

Anyhow, I will be this wedding soldier soon. I'm a broke 'mature' student, struggling to pay rent. Ah well.
    The brother is getting married. He is from Dublin, they live in Dublin, but the wedding is in the west where she comes from. Bank holiday weekend, service starts at 12.30pm so little hope of getting down on the day, regardless he wants me to be there for a rehearsal the night before and to stick around the day after. Will be 400 quid spent on hotel and trains alone, fml.

I don't get invited to a lot of weddings thankfully, and he will probably only get married a few times.

Tell your brother it's all wonderful and all but you can't afford 2-3 nights at the hotel. Are you best man?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gatica wrote: »
    Tell your brother it's all wonderful and all but you can't afford 2-3 nights at the hotel. Are you best man?

Groomsman, his friend is best man, which is fine by me.
    Thanks, Ah I'll make it work, have only been to a handful of weddings in my life and this will be the last big one for the foreseeable.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Guys, reiterating my earlier on thread warning - stop the bickering and arguing. Seriously, this is the last warning I'll give on this. Next person posting in this fashion will get a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Our Year wrote: »
    Groomsman, his friend is best man, which is fine by me.
    Thanks, Ah I'll make it work, have only been to a handful of weddings in my life and this will be the last big one for the foreseeable.

Oh, I guess bridal party will be expected to be there for rehearsals. It's a shame they can't be more accommodating or understanding of others' situations. Best of luck, hopefully it'll work itself out!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement