Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help I'm scared

Options
  • 20-04-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So I got shop lifting in tesco today. The Garda was called and I got evicted I got a court date. The amount was 77 euro in total.
    This is my first time in court. Will I get sent to prison? I'm 20 will it be in my records for ever now
    I'm not Irish will I get sent home? I had a previous warning for something else. Trying to use a ATM card that's wasn't mine but no money taken.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

Jesus that's mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Depends on the weight and company. DHL will do it in a week but FedEx will get you lost and you'll miss any chance of appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnDx

No, you won't go to prison. First offense, a warning, maybe a fine if your working. If not working maybe a small donation or something. I don't think you'll get a record for such a small thing, but its a good slap on the wrist for ya anyhow. You'll probably get a ban from entering that Tesco shop again, sure who needs to shop at Tesco they only sell ****e. What did you take that was worth €77?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

Yep,in the system for ever more

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

You should have thought of consequences before you went shop lifting. You were plenty brave then.

• Advertisement

Needles73 wrote: »
    You should have thought of consequences before you went shop lifting. You were plenty brave then.

Why did u shoplift in the first place?
    Was it for the laugh or could u not afford the things u knicked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Newgirl19 wrote: »
    So I got shop lifting in tesco today. The Garda was called and I got evicted I got a court date. The amount was 77 euro in total.
    This is my first time in court. Will I get sent to prison? I'm 20 will it be in my records for ever now
    I'm not Irish will I get sent home? I had a previous warning for something else. Trying to use a ATM card that's wasn't mine but no money taken.

Yes, you'll have a record

No it's unlikely you'll go to court if you've never been convicted of a criminal offence. Just go to court, and make sure you express how sorry you are and how stupid you were being

Oh and don't be trying to rob anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Newgirl19

Why did u shoplift in the first place?
    Was it for the laugh or could u not afford the things u knicked?
    Couldn't afford ;(

Do u have a job?

Couldn't afford ;(

I want a new tv but I can't afford it, but I wait till I can. I don't go trying to rob it. There's plenty of people who can't afford things, but it doesn't mean you try and steal it, then come and beg for information and sympathy. I doubt you'll go to prison over it, but it's likely you'll get a suspended sentence so if you're caught doing it again you will go to prison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Newgirl19

Do u have a job?

No

I want a new tv but I can't afford it, but I wait till I can. I don't go trying to rob it. There's plenty of people who can't afford things, but it doesn't mean you try and steal it, then come and beg for information and sympathy. I doubt you'll go to prison over it, but it's likely you'll get a suspended sentence so if you're caught doing it again you will go to prison

Now I don't know the circumstances that the op is in.
    But if I was hungry and had no money and no sign of any money in the immediate future I would probably Rob some food.

But gathering from the op the person has a computer or phone otherwise they wouldn't be able to post on here.
    Also the grammar is pretty poor in the original post so that would lead me to assume that they left school early.

No

What about the dole?
    And how are u posting on here? Laptop or phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

OP will probably tell us they are using a borrowed computer or phone to write this and the internet they have just robbed....

I work hard for the money so hard for the money so so hard for the money.

But if I was hungry and had no money and no sign of any money in the immediate future I would probably Rob some food.

But gathering from the op the person has a computer or phone otherwise they wouldn't be able to post on here.
    Also the grammar is pretty poor in the original post so that would lead me to assume that they left school early.

I left school before I was 15, I'm on disability, and there's been a few times I went without food, but I don't turn to robbing. And you'd have a hard time robbing 77 quid worth of food

OP will probably tell us they are using a borrowed computer or phone to write this and the internet they have just robbed....

I work hard for the money so hard for the money so so hard for the money.

Fair enough let's hear from the op, explain yerself op.

Any one else confused as to why this is in the courier forum?

Think this should be in after hours as not suited in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

No

do you smoke?

Fair enough let's hear from the op, explain yerself op.

And he grammar is because she's a foreigner, she said it in the op, "I'm not Irish so will I be deported"

Fecking hope so, thieving bollox ya.

• Advertisement

Any one else confused as to why this is in the courier forum?

Yeah completely, is this for real too or just a very good troll?

And he grammar is because she's a foreigner, she said it in the op, "I'm not Irish so will I be deported"

Fecking hope so, thieving bollox ya.

Ah didn't see that think she edited the post after I had read it.

Yeah completely, is this for real too or just a very good troll?

It's either that or just another clown who can't read. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, since they're only new here.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    do you smoke?

Only the finest cigars. I steal them. Will the local courier send me to jail now?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

I dunno people, someone commits a crime, gets caught, will face some form of sanction and is understandably scared... do we really need to sneer at them too? The 'punishment' part of things is already in hand thanks to the system we all subscribe to, maybe we could exercise some compassion for a fellow human in distress?

Assuming this isn't yet another a troll post, which odds are it is.

Tordelback wrote: »
    maybe we could exercise some compassion for a fellow human in distress?.

Well they committed a crime.... Why should we appraise it

DOWN WITH SORTA THING

So lets say someone has just gone into your house took everthing and stabs you or member of your family and goes to court and gets a suspended sentence because as of late all I'm hearing is he had 120 previous but suspended sentence given and 5 million of drugs found plus guns all bailed but 1 so I can tell you something for nothing I do not subscribe to this system it is so outdated and needs to be fixed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Silverbling

And I can feed 6 people including a couple of bottles of wine for €70 a week in the cheaper shops, how do you rob a trolley full?

And I can feed 6 people including a couple of bottles of wine for €70 a week in the cheaper shops, how do you rob a trolley full?

Ur name suits ur post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You could of earned 77 points in this visit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement