Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you're old when....

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

.feckin Betamax player wont work again......my Commodore Amiga is giving trouble too.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

You know your old when, You ask your kids if your still cool, and they give you a look that would cut you in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

You are old when you best dance moves have the grandkids in hysterics

• Registered Users Posts: 28,821 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Rubecula wrote: »
    You are old when you best dance moves have the grandkids in hysterics

I'd have classed it as you know you're still young when you can bust some dance moves (never mind your best ones) at all :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You know youre old when you have lived long enough to see three different types of currency in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

142955.jpg

Chucken wrote: »
    142955.jpg

FORGET !!!!

I still have all four of them!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Not forgetting the 78's, LP's and EP's!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

cactuspaw wrote: »
    You know your getting old when you have to explain to the kids you work with what dial-up Internet was.

Try explaining what this was... :D

State of the art kid pacifier - we used to watch it for hours on end...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You know you're old when you meet Old Goat at a beers night and he tells you he's younger than you :eek:

:P

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

You know you are old when, you used to think Alan Sugar, or Lord Sugar, was a genius for inventing the Computer, Amiga, was it , or Commodore, 64.

Now you realise he is an arsewhooole, and is only good for "reality TV"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

muffler wrote: »
    You know you're old when you meet Old Goat at a beers night and he tells you he's younger than you :eek:
    I'm in disguise as an oulfella. :D
    Steve wrote: »
    Try explaining what this was... :D
    I was so disappointed when I found the name username "zx81" was already being used and then abandoned just to the waste ground. Really should poke Admin about recycling old user names.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm in disguise as an oulfella. :D

I was so disappointed when I found the name username "zx81" was already being used and then abandoned just to the waste ground. Really should poke Admin about recycling old user names.

If yopu do that I think I will miss OldGoat it is so apt

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

You know you're getting old when you find yerself waking up before the alarm clock goes off..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

You know you're old when you have to explain what a reel-to-reel tape player/recorder is to a young one.

You know you are getting old when you wish your car had a cranking handle for when the battery goes flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

When...........what was the question again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

When you tell your teens to enjoy the disco, they roll their eyes and correct you.
    "It's not called a disco these days- it's a niteclub."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Oryx wrote: »
    You know youre old when you have lived long enough to see three different types of currency in this country.

Oh Sh! T, I'm on my fourth,
    Pounds-shillings-pence
    Decimalisation -pounds- pence
    Irish Punts
    Euro.

You know your old when people start refering to run of the mill cars from when you were starting to drive as Vintage and Classic Cars.

• Advertisement

You know you are old when you read a blog, and the owner of the blog has posted a photo of a charity shop find, thus:

"Hey look at the cool vintage kitchen scales I picked up in the charity shop for two quid...thanks Oxfam!"

And you are looking at the identical kitchen scales on your kitchen counter as you start baking. Cripes! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had a very disturbing experience like that JB a couple of years ago when I went into a local museum somewhere and they had displays of households from various ages, and they had items and furniture from the 50s and 60s that seemed like only yesterday to me! I was very put out to find my own experiences in a museum :eek:

looksee wrote: »
    I had a very disturbing experience like that JB a couple of years ago when I went into a local museum somewhere and they had displays of households from various ages, and they had items and furniture from the 50s and 60s that seemed like only yesterday to me! I was very put out to find my own experiences in a museum :eek:

But those big heavy armchairs ..... don't they look comfortable? I could fall asleep in one of them so easy:rolleyes:

Whenever I see a 'vintage' scene, say a kitchen or living room from the 1930's, such as this one:

http://www.ultraswank.net/interior/a-british-1930s-time-capsule-in-full-swing/

I immediately come over all warm and fuzzy. The other decades leave me cold. I wasn't even a twinkle in the 30's. I was born in the 50's so I can't figure it out.

You have trouble opening a bloody orange juice bottle. :mad:

I had to ask my young one for help. :(

As I just found out, you know you are getting a tad past it when you take the new computer back because you can't switch the fecking thing on properly and some irritating squeaky voice keeps telling you to select your language choice for two bloody hours without shutting up! Then it ups the ante by telling you in a loud clear (but still squeaky) voice what keys you are hitting........

The girl in the shop looked at me like I was senile!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

...when your son takes charge and tells you "take it easy dad...I'll do that..."

roran wrote: »
    ...when your son takes charge and tells you "take it easy dad...I'll do that..."

I hate it when they do that. LOL

roran wrote: »

And he's only five! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

I hate it when they do that. LOL

Don't you just! :D:D:D

Advertisement