Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Transfers.

Options

Comments

Yaya to Mata, with a possible Lukaku to Adebayor transfer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think a lot on here myself included only thought he would only start one of the games. It was always going to be a huge ask for him to start 2 games in 3 days.

Re the bibs the article stated they were doing set pieces when the injury occured far more likely to be the starting team when you are doing a drill like that.

Hundreds bought in Mata despite having no game. There are plenty of idiots playing this game and plenty, even on this forum, were thinking for while he'd start off the back of pellegrini's comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Henderson for Mata. Will now need to keep a close eye on Yaya as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hundreds bought in Mata despite having no game. There are plenty of idiots playing this game and plenty, even on this forum, were thinking for while he'd start off the back of pellegrini's comments

Most of us were hoping/expecting 30 minutes against Liverpool and 60 against Sunderland.

That's my hope anyway. If he had only had one game, I wouldn't have brought him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yaya, Sturridge, Hazard and Bacuna all banjaxed for me. Also need to offload my Everton players. What a horrible week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Can either do Johnson to Eriksen, or Gerrard to Mata.

I'm reluctant to get rid of Gerrard. He just keeps getting points. Would like to get Mata for the DGW, but don't really want to do it at the expense of Gerrard. Still my WC, so might try and work Mata in using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Can either do Johnson to Eriksen, or Gerrard toMata.

I'm reluctant to get rid of Gerrard. He just keeps getting points. Would like to get Mata for the DGW, but don't really want to do it at the expense of Gerrard. Still my WC, so might try and work Mata in using that.

One thing I'm finding given this is my first season run in is just how brilliant a wildcard would be around now.

Think I'll definitely be trying to keep mine next season if I do this crazy game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FHFC wrote: »
    One thing I'm finding given this is my first season run in is just how brilliant a wildcard would be around now.

Think I'll definitely be trying to keep mine next season if I do this crazy game again.

Yep, with all the injuries to the big players right now, it would be a perfect time to have a wildcard. I usually keep one for the run in but a disastrous early start forced me to rethink that approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Yaya - Silva. Hazard - Mata. Sturridge - Aguero. Dzeko - ?

Have 7.1 to bring in another striker but no idea yet who it'll be.

FHFC wrote: »

Yeah I think I'm going to hold off using it this week. Then take an almighty punt on Man United for the last 3 weeks. Thinking of trying to get RVP and Mata in. Obviously I'll be keeping 3 city players. But United have 3 of their last 4 at home. So having 3 united players for those 4 games could work. Or be a disaster. But I'm playing for precisely nothing at this stage, so might as well have some fun.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Yep, with all the injuries to the big players right now, it would be a perfect time to have a wildcard. I usually keep one for the run in but a disastrous early start forced me to rethink that approach.

Yeah I only have mine as I didn't play at all from GWs 5 to 15. By the time I got back to playing, it was almost Christmas so I held on until the Jan WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dempsey wrote: »
    Is Pellegrini doing another red herring with the Toure injury I wonder....

I do not think so. I was going to captain his this week, but figured he would not play twice as he was carrying a knock going into yesterdays game. I think if he does play further games this season he will be heavily medicated and is a small knock away from a definite time on the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Looking at Yaya to Mata and either Hazard to Eriksen or Sturridge to Aguero depending on injury news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I think I'll hold off on the Mata transfer until next week, ahead of their double.

Looking at Yaya + Sturridge OUT, Aguero and Lallana/Eriksen in. So undecided between those two, will throw up a poll to see what the forum thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    mirallas out, eriksen in i'd say

It appears I made this transfer in a drunken stupor on Saturday Night. Not that its a bad transfer or anything, but i would have done yaya to Eriksen instead had I not done this and rolled the dice on Miralles for another week.

Gonna have to take a points hit now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Yaya to Eriksen makes sense right?

Frees up funds to improve a few areas going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Santi101 wrote: »
    Yaya to Eriksen makes sense right?

Frees up funds to improve a few areas going forward.

Done it myself last night!

I kept him all season and through double blank GW's, I feel bad for selling him. :(

On the plus side, realized I could get Aguero in for Sturridge! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Should I double up on Chelsea defence or go with Sagna instead which will leave me enough funds for an Aguero-RVP-Suarez frontline for GW37 if needed?

Should I double up on Chelsea defence or go with Sagna instead which will leave me enough funds for an Aguero-RVP-Suarez frontline for GW37 if needed?

Trying to decide same thing re my defence. Cahill rising tonight doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

We (Arsenal) have kept one CS in 12 matches so I would go with double Chelsea; I also wouldn't trust RvP to play full matches/two in four days ahead of the World Cup.

• Advertisement

No matter what transfers I look at I will still have cash left over due to Eriksen being so cheap. I've toyed with having Suarez, RVP and Aguero up top and still have cash left over! Based on that I see absolutely no reason to make transfers until Fri night/Sat morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I may look at sterling particularly if sturridge is out as he will more than likely play further forward. He is in great form the last couple of months and I currently only have suarez from a team that has scored 93 goals to date. Despite his unbelievable consistency over most of the last 2 seasons I cant bring myself to sign gerrard due to his total reliance on set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Total reliance? His 11 assists alone would beg to differ?

KevIRL wrote: »

How many of those were indirect free kicks or corners?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

KevIRL wrote: »

a lot of those assists are from corners and free kicks. Im not disputing he is a great option I just cant seem to sign him despite his consistency.

This is my team for next week (on the off chance a wildcard gets accidentally credited to my account)

v3d7kg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

roryc wrote: »
    This is my team for next week (on the off chance a wildcard gets accidentally credited to my account)

v3d7kg.png
    Giving up on Skrtel the turtle? I might bring him in before Chelsea; he likes scoring against the big teams at home and could easily see Mourinho play super defensive (although they need to win).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

roryc wrote: »

v3d7kg.png

Only 3 Chelsea defenders! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Think I'll do Yaya - Nasri if Toure is unavailable, then Lallana - Mata next week.

Advertisement