Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ded_Zebra's P11 Primera

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

166man wrote: »
    The mileage really is impressive but not a huge surprise though, them primera's were decent enough cars. My Alfa is on 172k miles which is impressive for something Italian...!:D

As a reliable workhorse it might be best to hold onto incase your next purchase lets you down and you need something from A-B. If it's only worth a few hundred maybe advertise it around €6-700 and if nobody is interested, just hold onto it?

That might be the plan alright :)

I just filled it there and couldn't help but laugh at how much more the car is worth with a full tank :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    That might be the plan alright :)

I just filled it there and couldn't help but laugh at how much more the car is worth with a full tank :P

Diesel economy is the job alright! If you're around give me a text and stop by and have a look at this JTD and a spin if you wish? I'm in exams at the moment but after the 17th if you want a look, I would'nt mind a gander at the 'Mera myself :D

I'll stop dragging your thread off topic now!

166man wrote: »
    Diesel economy is the job alright! If you're around give me a text and stop by and have a look at this JTD and a spin if you wish? I'm in exams at the moment but after the 17th if you want a look, I would'nt mind a gander at the 'Mera myself :D

I'll stop dragging your thread off topic now!

I would love to! I'll give you a shout at some stage :)

For me it's all about the little things. Any of you that have driven a P11 will probably have noticed that with the centre rear head rest in place there is almost no visibility in the rear view mirror. When I got the car I took it out and put it in the boot (nice to be able to put it back when there is 5 people in the car :)).

With it just flying about in the boot it looked messy. On the side of the boot there was a little strap, no idea what it is supposed to hold but the clips were broken so it fell out of the car as soon as it was touched. I found some suitable clips and put it back on.

Here you can see the strap, the clips and the head rest.

FF8CDDD4E1534657AF389CD23A2D3DE1-0000363222-0003557069-00800L-0CB3E52C8C704180AF52EEEBD031FFB3.jpg

And the headrest in it's new home :)

97A9A96C76BF4EACBF26F223F9DD032C-0000363222-0003557068-00800L-1F0AEA48722E41E99FED1CA0BC07B360.jpg

I got a CV boot today and I booked a retest for next Wednesday then all should be good to go :)

• Advertisement

I spent many hours this morning fighting with the CV boot. Then, tonight at 9.30 I got me mah NCT :D:D

I'm delighted, the mighty Primera will soldier on for another year at least!!!:D:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i must say, having had a good look at this car this evening, it's in great shape. there are plenty of cars on the roads with a quarter of the mileage in far worse condition!

a remarkably comfortable place to be and fairly well spec'd. well done DZ.

Well no updates from me in a long time. What have I been up to with the Primera? Driving it!!! Still hasn't put a foot wrong :):)

However, it has been annoying my with rattles in the interior :( Finally tackled the worst of them. The main offender was the windscreen vent.

So I popped it out

6ED4F5150A964EBEB7DFFAC5A5761D84-0000363222-0003583746-01024L-94A2DA1C804F4D7D87DE73BFF46A0F34.jpg

What I'll need to fix it :)

7586BA159F844FFDAEEE8022E62792F7-0000363222-0003583744-01024L-37FA082B1E2746CE91D51C8746F6D672.jpg

Then I got bored taking photos :pac:.

I cut up the sponge and glued it onto the edge of the vent so that it can't rattle when it's back in. The gear knob was also rattling and was badly split so I glued it back together. Rattles solved, well the 2 worst ones after the engine :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

Think I met you coming into Rathdrum the other day, I nearly hit ya coming down the lower street hill;)

Wasn't me, haven't been in Rathdrum in that car yet!!! :)

• Advertisement

This thread hasn't been updated for a while. This is what has been going on.
    More bad news on the car front! Drove the Primera to Donegal Wednesday and then back Thursday evening. It drove faultlessly for the 4 hours there and the 5 hours back (****ty traffic). I absolutely flogged it the whole way there and back and was grinning ear to ear. Well I say back but about a mile from home the diff just exploded :pac: I had pulled into a ditch to let someone past. The passengers side wheel was spinning in the ditch as I pulled back onto the road. Then there was a massive massive bang and there was no more go :p

So to answer the question, How long does a Nissan Primera last? 374,326 Miles.
    It had a great life it really did. Even tonight on the N2 it was overtaking at any opportunity its miserable 88BHP could manage :pthen settled in for a fast 90MPH cruise down the M1. That's after smashing it through puddle after puddle in Doengal, driving down roads constantly hitting bump stops, then fully extended then bump stops for miles :D It was great fun and a very honorable death:) sad to see it go though, never thought it would finish its last journey with me on a rope :(

Here it is on its last journey with me. This is in Donegal :)

C3045B0F222043E78B6F075EFA4A0D6C-0000363222-0003696565-01024L-D92DA68A5E28464B9AB530FB2A645ED1.jpg

When I got to within a mile from home on the trip back from Donegal is when the diff exploded.

I sold the car tonight for €275. The guy had another Primera with a rusty body. He's planning to make one good one from the 2.

Overall the car was excellent as excellent can be, Started and drove every day, Put up with massive abuse, Drove great, Was really comfortable and economical. Safe too :)

It did everything I needed and more, I can't express enough How much I enjoyed my time with this car. If I'm ever in a very tight pinch again I'll get a P11 again in a heart beat.

Advertisement