Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that annoy you about vaping

Options
  • 11-04-2014 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Anything get on your wick still/currently with vaping?

The amount of tissues/kitchen paper everywhere is getting out of hand chez acca. Constantly wiping bits of juice off my fingers, bottles, devices and the little circles under my carts. Never without the stuff. Had a bit of an awkward moment the other day when someone did a double take after seeing my bedroom bin piled up with scrunched, sodden tissues. They didn't say anything, so I didn't either, as I had nothing to explain.

Thinking about walking around with a rag permanently on me now. Like an animal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

all the above , lol at the bin , that and im getting embarrassed answering the door to the postman at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It's just that, the juice is a pain in the swiss. Having to think ahead as well, making sure batteries are charged, tanks are filled etc

Also, why are there no 19mm ego/510 batteries to match a protank? Why did kanger not make it 22mm or make a battery to suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Waiting on juice that's steeping, I'll have the bottles bloody polished off by that stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Inconsistency of juices, steeping of juices, charging batteries, shinyitis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Fasttech delivery time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I miss the chatting out at the smoke shed at work since I went to ecigs then quit :(

Too late to go back now a drag of anything gives me a splitting headache. Im cycling and climbing the Wicklow mountains without the usual agony and its easier to get up in the morning now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Haha, agree with all of the above.

Also my 'vaping face'. I still don't feel comfortable vaping in front of others/in public. Everything up to and after having it in my mouth is grand, but those four seconds where I stare into space and my cheeks look like I'm sucking the air out of a balloon still don't sit right. Marlon Brando I ain't.

wpid-screenshot_2013-12-28-21-27-47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I almost forgot, random people coming up to you and asking you for a go of your vaporizer, I don't want half the smoking area's spit in my vaporizer. I usually just tell them that I've got the flu ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

People who
    "can't believe you're still "smoking" that over a year. Why don't you give it up?"
    Duh!! I have no intention of "giving up". I enjoy my vaping thank you very much

and of course the tissues

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

People telling me they are bad for you. no one ever said they were good for you just safer. if someone asks for a go of mine i am always happy to oblige if it encourages them to switch from tobacco, although i did get a nasty cold sore off one lad and he still smokes haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Would probably have to be people saying "the stuff in that liquid is lethal, imagine drinking it"
    Imagine drinking a bottle of nail polish or something along those lines, same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

The one thing that annoys me most about vaping now is the current consensus that vaping is good, everything else is bad....this mantra is being repeated by most vapers and it makes them look silly tbh....there is loads of research to come out yet about vaping that will just not back up that pretty picture ....

A bit more responsibility on the part of vapers to see that what they are doing are not without their hazards instead of the "I'm all right Jack" attitude would go a long way towards the people who are anti-vaping warming a bit to it.......

Edit:I do think vaping is a way healthier alternative to smoking.....but let's not get carried away, it is not going to be as simple as that....!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

things that annoy me is

I loose all the bottle's cap and I have liquid in all my pockets/jacket
    when I have to mix new liquid and I am lazy
    the million of drip tip that I lost
    when I forget where I left the e-cig
    The 4 e-cigs that I lost during dog walks grrrr

etc..etc..etc.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

dePeatrick wrote: »
    The one thing that annoys me most about vaping now is the current consensus that vaping is good, everything else is bad....this mantra is being repeated by most vapers and it makes them look silly tbh....there is loads of research to come out yet about vaping that will just not back up that pretty picture ....

A bit more responsibility on the part of vapers to see that what they are doing are not without their hazards instead of the "I'm all right Jack" attitude would go a long way towards the people who are anti-vaping warming a bit to it.......

Edit:I do think vaping is a way healthier alternative to smoking.....but let's not get carried away, it is not going to be as simple as that....!

When I explain it to a smoker, I describe it as reconciling yourself to the fact you are never going to give up. Until you can do that, keep trying.

It is no less addictive than smoking, just less harmful.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

So many pains I should be medicated. Solved one of them recently by buying an eraser sponge, cut in some holes and presto - I got me a juice refilling station. Saves the mental meltdowns I was having trying to refill on tissues.

Also cotton wicks - they suck it up like a Dyson. Got me some cotton yarn to test out (as its like a ball of wool its stronger than cott pads so maybe will perform like silica/ecowool in ways, here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It is no less addictive than smoking

Maybe for you. For me and for many others it's far less addictive. Currently science is leaning that way as well, citing the lack of additives and MAOIs as the reason test animals haven't become addicted to nicotine in tests. They added things like cotinine, nornicotine and acetaldehyde to the mixture and all of a sudden rats were self-administering whereas they couldn't be bothered with nicotine on it's own despite experiencing the stimulant effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

grindle wrote: »
    Maybe for you. For me and for many others it's far less addictive. Currently science is leaning that way as well, citing the lack of additives and MAOIs as the reason test animals haven't become addicted to nicotine in tests. They added things like cotinine, nornicotine and acetaldehyde to the mixture and all of a sudden rats were self-administering whereas they couldn't be bothered with nicotine on it's own despite experiencing the stimulant effects.
    Personal anecdote from me but I was the same as those rats, heavy smoker since 13 or 14, gave up age 29 after switching to vaping for a year first because I found I just couldn't be bothered getting up from my desk at work to go down 3 flights of stairs for a puff, now I haven't inhaled nicotine in about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Any links to those animal tests? Not disagreeing, just curious.

I'm only 5 weeks off real cigarettes, and I definitely feel a lot less addicted already. I was on 40 a day, so would rarely go for more than 20 minutes without a smoke. Not getting into a panic now if I don't have a vape for 2 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

On the phone at the moment but just Google 'acetaldehyde nicotine addictive' and you'll find plenty. It's been researched and confirmed multiple times since the early 90's which poo-poos mongoloid (or "ill-educated") notions that nicotine is the most addictive drug on the planet. And that's just one chemical by-product of the sugar added to tobacco and added separately itself.
    The other alkaloids increase the amount of nicotine absorbed into the bloodstream by increasing the pH as well as pulling back on the dopamine released which causes a push-and-pull on administering. Harder to maintain the levels of a drug when you've something pulling against it, probably like taking ecstasy and two benzos at the same time.
    Or, you know, maybe the antis are right and all the available science is wrong and ZOMG NIC BE EVIN WURSERER DEN HEROIN!
    I would fully say I'm not craven to nicotine at all these days but I love it's effect. I have more of a biscuit addiction at the moment. FRICKIN SUGAR! AND BUTTER. So damn tasty. GAH! Those all-butter cookies with white chocolate and cranberry...sweet Jesus.

Yes, this is the reality of nicotine addiction, and then there is the make-up of the person themselves, their personality type, their genetic characteristics......

The only thing that us not as variable I'd the make-of the fluids we use, there are still serious questions to be answered about NET's and Diacetyl, and I can see more being added to this list. Sticking our collective heads in the sand about these may keep the antis at bay but it also slows down anything being done about it in the industry.

This will only result in someone taking legal action against a vendor and then the government will step in and probably ban everything.

Edit: On second thoughts the government won't ban everything, they will tut tut and regulate and tax the living day lights out of juices. Lots of rumbling about 75-95% taxes in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

The thing that annoys me most about vaping is that I still can't quit cigarettes. I know that's not vaping's fault, it's mine, but I'm becoming totally demoralised. I have been using a decent set up for about 6 weeks now, but hardly touched it in the last week and have been smoking more than ever. This is totally between myself and smokes, I know. The bastards have spent decades designing cigarettes to be the most efficient nicotine delivery system and I have found it impossible to get the same satisfaction from vaping. For me, that's been the most annoying thing about vaping.

What liquid are you vaping...?

Edit: And what device/atomiser/clearomiser are you using.....also what strenght of liquid....

Sorry for so many questions, but these are important......

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Recently I'm getting that flem-y mucus in the throat that I just can't hack out of there. It feels like I'm smoking 20 fags a day. I gave fags up 3-4 years ago and smoked the odd cigar during that period but started to get heavy on them. Cigars didnt make me flemy and blocked up at all. I gave up the tobacco altogether for vaping about 3 months now.

I vape dekang usa mix 18mg. I tried a few others tobacco flavours like vaperus tobacco but it was rank. Ry4 something which was grand. I also tried apple, strawberry etc which very nice the first few times but quickly got old and sickly tasting.

Should vaping be making me flemy or is it down to the liquid choice?

F-Stop wrote: »
    The thing that annoys me most about vaping is that I still can't quit cigarettes. I know that's not vaping's fault, it's mine, but I'm becoming totally demoralised. I have been using a decent set up for about 6 weeks now, but hardly touched it in the last week and have been smoking more than ever. This is totally between myself and smokes, I know. The bastards have spent decades designing cigarettes to be the most efficient nicotine delivery system and I have found it impossible to get the same satisfaction from vaping. For me, that's been the most annoying thing about vaping.

I'm the opposite, coming up to 4 months off a serious habit and I haven't been able to 'treat' myself to a cigarette once. Actually got me a bit down tbh, was looking forward to them each time. Last one I tried tasted like it had been half smoked and left in an ashtray overnight (which I had would have had little problem with on hungover Sunday mornings in the past being honest).

Not very helpful, sorry. Have you given yourself say 2 weeks without so much as a drag off a fag yet? Just pound into the ecig for that time, get different flavours, clearomizers, just keep changing it up. You might then find it hard to have a real cig? Someone I turned onto ecigs can still smoke, I just can't. If I walk into a room where somone had a fag two hours ago it knocks me back, yet I think my ecig doesn't smell, which judging from other people's reactions doesn't seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Sounds kinda daft when I think about it but when I started vaping I kept telling myself that I was just changing cigarette brands....marlboro lights were no longer available and I had no choice but to stick with the new brand (vaping), took a while but it worked for me.

Recently I'm getting that flem-y mucus in the throat that I just can't hack out of there. It feels like I'm smoking 20 fags a day. I gave fags up 3-4 years ago and smoked the odd cigar during that period but started to get heavy on them. Cigars didnt make me flemy and blocked up at all. I gave up the tobacco altogether for vaping about 3 months now.

I vape dekang usa mix 18mg. I tried a few others tobacco flavours like vaperus tobacco but it was rank. Ry4 something which was grand. I also tried apple, strawberry etc which very nice the first few times but quickly got old and sickly tasting.

Should vaping be making me flemy or is it down to the liquid choice?
    It seems that. retain flavours in liquids may cause lung problems in some people, make a careful note of what liquids make you feel this way and post your results on here, I for one want to know....:)

I changed to cartomizers from clearomizers and it got rid of the slimy throat feeling. It's not a common solution but worked for me, could be worth trying. I just mindlessly vape with them for hours, all round much milder experience. Sometimes it's like fresh air :o

Been using dekang usa mix 12mg for almost 2.5 years now exclusively and haven't had a problem, but thats not to say some ingredient in it doesn't agree with you.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Been using dekang usa mix 12mg for almost 2.5 years now exclusively and haven't had a problem, but thats not to say some ingredient in it doesn't agree with you.
    I love the USA mix but honestly don't know whether I have had the dekang, possibly under a different name.....thanks for that, am going to check out dekang next....:)

• Advertisement

I kept buying different juices because I felt I was missing out on something but I kept returning to dekang. A while back I started adding a tiny bit of liqua vanilla to sweeten it and now thats my all day, everyday vape.

Advertisement