Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Life noob, which version to start with?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Half Life 2 on the original Xbox was an impressive feat.
    Totally forgot about that and I owned it at the time or else rented it from Xtravision, very impressive alright considering the physics puzzles and some of the enemies and other set pieces, easily the best game on the Xbox and it totally slipped my mind.

HL on the PS2 was a great port aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Soby wrote: »
    So eh :P. When's the next one out :P

Valve will be making an announcement about that on April 1st 2015 I'm sure.

Skerries wrote: »
    still the only games to use the crouch jump method of getting into things :)

anyone ever play Gunman Chronicles at the time, it was a mod made from the Half Life engine and then made into a full commercial game?

An Underrated Gem, I have the original CD / Game.
    There is a mod to port it into steam as long as you own the original copy.

http://www.nextdimension.org/gunmantosteam/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^ Played that game and it was really enjoyable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got it as a Christmas present years ago, and had it cleared by Christmas night. Was great, but very short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What's that animation lark about? Does Black Mesa have no models for hands etc? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck Half Life 3, I'm waiting for Portal 3!
    Aperture Science FTW!
    Black Mesa can go suck a combustible lemon!

I thought Portal 2 wrapped up pretty well tbh! I'd prefer a spiritual successor than a direct sequel if they were making something like that. I've heard Half Life ends on a cliffhanger though.
    Lemming wrote: »
    Valve will be making an announcement about that on April 1st 2015 I'm sure.

People expect this every April Fools but honestly it just seems like Valve at this point are pretending Half Life never existed.

This is just...wow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

C14N wrote: »
    I thought Portal 2 wrapped up pretty well tbh! I'd prefer a spiritual successor than a direct sequel if they were making something like that. I've heard Half Life ends on a cliffhanger though.

The end of HL2 episode 2 suggests a convergence of the two series, so perhaps a next games will be episodic and interleave the narrative?
    Who the heck knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I feel like there may never be another Half-Life at this stage. It's been nearly 7 years and Valve have so many other revenue streams now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I bet Portal 3 will be set in the real world, jumping to the top of skyscrapers etc.

Advertisement