Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

124 new homes for Clonsilla

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

swatch wrote: »
    I’ve since contacted the developers and they have confirmed that they’re holding all 3 bed units for the rental market.

That's great for their commercial return but terrible news for the estate as a community.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭murra

4 beds are being released on 2/3rd February. 35 units going for sale ranging from €460k up to €485k.

Where did this idea come from that no social housing was going into this development? I was reviewing the planning permission and it stated that the developer will comply with Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000, which as I understand it, means allocating homes to social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SMPM

I heard from the estate agent that the builder is complying with the 10% but that he’s provided those houses off site. A friend of mine has bought a new build else where and the developers did the same thing there.

murra wrote: »
    4 beds are being released on 2/3rd February. 35 units going for sale ranging from €460k up to €485k.

Where did this idea come from that no social housing was going into this development? I was reviewing the planning permission and it stated that the developer will comply with Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000, which as I understand it, means allocating homes to social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Lidl have a planning application up for the site at the corner of Clonsilla Road / Link Road. Previous permission was granted for a supermarket there in 2016/2017 but I didn't think there was a brand attached to it. Lidl must have signed up to take the spot.

FW19A/0009

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Anyone on here go to the open viewing today? Wonder how it went and how these are selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

myshirt wrote: »
    Anyone on here go to the open viewing today? Wonder how it went and how these are selling.

We went up for a look, to try and suss from the EA about the possibility of people cancelling on their 3-beds from the first release. Contracts still haven't been issued to buyers in the first release, should happen soon and they're due to move in in April.

The pre-launch started at 10 with the general public launch at 11am. We were there around 11:30, it was quiet enough. A few of the 4 beds had sold but there were still plenty left.

That's good Swatch.

I'll pop by the next viewing as I'll double up with getting donuts for the kids. I'm only nosing so I don't want to get in anyone's way.

These are 460 and there's a competing development literally just 5 mins up the Ongar Distributor road where you'd get a detached for the same price. Of course there's semi detached in the opposite direction (Castleknock) that are well over 520k, but there must be a lot of extras with these in Clonsilla to justify the 460.

I was at the launch on Sunday morning. They had sold two south facing units of the 35 4 bed units available at that point and only a handful of people at the viewing.

Not sure why they aren't getting the interest. Too pricey at €460/€475k. I would have thought c€420/€430k would be a more realistic for the 4 beds.

Also not great for potential buyer when the developer is holding back 18 3 bed units for private rent. Just doesn't sit well with people it seems.

As I think about it more, maybe they have overshot it with the price. I didn't think so originally but becoming convinced now. They will sell though.

Ye I thought the four beds were slightly over priced. Do you think they would reduce the price ? And if that happened would the people in the first phase just lose out in terms of having paid more?

• Advertisement

SMPM wrote: »
    Ye I thought the four beds were slightly over priced. Do you think they would reduce the price ? And if that happened would the people in the first phase just lose out in terms of having paid more?

It would take a lot for them to reduce the prices. They will hang tough. The properties will eventually move at that price once people who would like to buy in Castleknock get pushed out to Clonsilla. There's enough of a market. It'll just take time.

Went up to have a look at these. A good quality product but overpriced I believe.

A couple of things were a bit off-putting aswell. The flooring downstairs had a lip in it, and was lifting in certain places. I don't think it was an installation problem, though the person installing it should have levelled the floor but obviously didn't know or couldn't give a bollix. It's nothing major of course, but just leaves a bad taste in the mouth that they don't pay attention to detail. Someone had used the jacks too and not flushed. Who does that. Couple of chips on the wardrobe doors in places. Again nothing major but it's just an overall professionalism thing.

Two parking spaces outside your door, and a reasonable back garden. Not too bad but just barely clears what is acceptable.

Lots of buses on the Ongar Distributor road, school choices good, and train station is close. Well connected to job opportunities. I'd put these houses at 440ish, making them slightly overpriced. Those from the area might pay the premium, but as an investor I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Lots of buses on the Ongar Distributor road, school choices good, and train station is close. Well connected to job opportunities. I'd put these houses at 440ish, making them slightly overpriced. Those from the area might pay the premium, but as an investor I wouldn't.

The busess that run on clonsilla road are a pain - does a tour of all the estates - takes an age to get anywhere near city center.
    Train is great though.

“Roll it back”

The parking permits are for communal parking also. You don’t have the two spaces outside your house. Could be an absolute pain if someone was parking in front of your house and you had to go down the road to find a parking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ozmo wrote: »
    The busess that run on clonsilla road are a pain - does a tour of all the estates - takes an age to get anywhere near city center.
    Train is great though.

There is one bus adjacent to this new development (the 39x) that does bypass all the estates and gets into town fairly quickly but is restricted to peak morning and return evening times.

Clonsilla station also is only a 10 minute walk from here (you'll note many rail commuters park on the adjacent street to this development to avoid paying for parking at the station.

Can I just ask about the flooring you saw with the lip up / wardrobe damage. Was that in the show house or sales office ? I don’t recall thinking that the show house wasn’t completed well.
    Went up to have a look at these. A good quality product but overpriced I believe.

A couple of things were a bit off-putting aswell. The flooring downstairs had a lip in it, and was lifting in certain places. I don't think it was an installation problem, though the person installing it should have levelled the floor but obviously didn't know or couldn't give a bollix. It's nothing major of course, but just leaves a bad taste in the mouth that they don't pay attention to detail. Someone had used the jacks too and not flushed. Who does that. Couple of chips on the wardrobe doors in places. Again nothing major but it's just an overall professionalism thing.

Two parking spaces outside your door, and a reasonable back garden. Not too bad but just barely clears what is acceptable.

SMPM wrote: »
    Can I just ask about the flooring you saw with the lip up / wardrobe damage. Was that in the show house or sales office ? I don’t recall thinking that the show house wasn’t completed well.

The showhouse, right the front door and in the middle of the hall. The chips on the wardrobe was in the front bedroom above the living room. In no way are these deal breakers, these houses are definitely a good product. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

They are timber frame too which myself and my brother were arguing about, but they are great, just overpriced in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 david.carroll5

3 beds wide front style on sale Saturday according to daft. 395k.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Can someone please suggest some good snag list and surveyors please?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

I've booked a 4-bed for the June release. Do we know if the first batch are on track for April?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

kevincool wrote: »
    Can someone please suggest some good snag list and surveyors please?

Make sure you get an extremely good snag and survey done with these developers, including walls insulated and proper boilers put in if previous experience in Castlegrange is anything to go by. There is a tendency to do the bare minimum unless they are held over a barrel to deliver on what has been promised.

Also be wary of their undertakings in relation to social housing. A large chunk in the same estate was sold off to Tuath social housing to unload the stock that was well above the 10% standard allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Driving up the ongar road those new homes look huge, towering over the existing homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

They have higher headroom in the attics. The old ones are not convertable.

Daeltaja wrote: »
    I've booked a 4-bed for the June release. Do we know if the first batch are on track for April?

I think there are a few that have gotten their keys and the site is now open up to a certain point. Don’t know if anyone has actually moved in yet though.

Just curious - what extras are the builder offering with these houses?

I would Go with all the extras you can afford - much cheaper than doing it later.

Sorry I didn't get walls skimmed with my house. Glad I got the External tap and understairs storage though...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,281 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Getting your walls skimmed in a new house is an optional extra? Seriously? So are you just left with bare plasterboard? If so, that's pretty shoddy.

Zaph wrote: »
    Getting your walls skimmed in a new house is an optional extra? Seriously? So are you just left with bare plasterboard? If so, that's pretty shoddy.

As far as I know - the walls are skimmed and painted as standard for these houses. No optional extras. You can’t make any changes to the house either as you don’t pay 10% until a few weeks before closing

Yeah - its true. It was a lot of money extra.
    We have most the walls papered and painted over that as
    I dont like the finish of paint on the bare plasterboard.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Nope, tape and joint finish. It’s a lot cheaper and quicker.
    I agree though, skimmed walls should be standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Was out yesterday and the first 2 owners have moved in. Progress on the rest of the site seems a little slow though. Bumped into a woman who was also snooping and moving in shortly, she mentioned that she was talking with the builders about getting certain things changed so it seems like it's a possibility.

Couple of small things to note... Disappointed by the bare landscaping outside the houses, considering the estate agent said they'd all be done to the standard of the showhouse. Barely half the amount of plants and no tree. Also, a few houses had unsightly electricity boxes right outside their window in their flowerbed. Wouldn't be happy to be stuck with one of those.

Advertisement