Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving with a provisional licence

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redarmy1929

roofer1988 wrote: »
    you shouldnt be on the road if you that nervous. People like you get in the way of busy people trying to make money

Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭roofer1988

Are you serious?

Yes phones should be banned when driving.But if you too nervous to turn down heating,get out of the way.Slow drivers cause accidents too

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redarmy1929

Yes phones should be banned when driving.But if you too nervous to turn down heating,get out of the way.Slow drivers cause accidents too

I didnt say I was too nervous to turn the heating down, I was just pointing out I'd wouldnt want to lose concentration to do it, unlike mobile phone users.

I didnt say I was a slow driver either, I obey the speed limit, and it still doesnt stop people driving too close to me. Just because they might be in a hurry doesnt give them the right to be dangerous and kill people on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

you shouldnt be on the road if you that nervous. People like you get in the way of busy people trying to make money

And people who are too "busy" to obey the rules of the road because they are only interested in making money, are in danger of causing more deaths on our roads. It's because of people like you that the RSA are making learner drivers jump through hoops to become fully qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭roofer1988

And people who are too "busy" to obey the rules of the road because they are only interested in making money, are in danger of causing more deaths on our roads. It's because of people like you that the RSA are making learner drivers jump through hoops to become fully qualified.

driving ten years and never had an accident. Never said i drive dangerous. Im not the reason rsa make learner drivers jump through hoops. I have no penalty points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

To be entirely fair, you're supposed to be able to competently operate the secondary controls during the test. If you can't glance into the car for a second to find the temperature dial, then look back at the road while moving the dial, you're hardly at test standard. There's a level of automaticness about driving that you absolutely need. Like what if you're in an unfamiliar car and it starts to pour raining, you need to turn on the air and the rear window heating. A quick glance and you're sorted. Having to pull over just to turn air or heating on is incompetent. Like, it only takes a second to glance and find the button. Maybe two or three glances if you don't spot it immediately. And if you're so nervous about looking away, how do you check mirrors? If its that you don't want to take your hand off the wheel, how do you change gears?

I'm completely against using phones when driving but I'm sorry, people who are too nervous to turn down the heating aren't competent drivers. Safe, maybe? Competent - no. People on phones can be simultaneously competent and unsafe drivers.

Advertisement