Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Timesplitters 3 is the best Timesplitters game and the most fun FPS ever

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dark Souls is quite repetitive and as such gets boring fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

crowseye wrote: »
    Timesplitters 3 is the best Timesplitters game and the most fun FPS ever

Jaysis ya. Multiplayer offline of this took up hours and hours of my life.

I think the main campaign was co-op possible too which is always fun. Great game. The voice acting/script was funny too.

Seeing that the game is over 11 years old is just mindboggingly sickening haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

AC Syndicate is kind of boring and not much better than Unity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gimmick wrote: »
    AC Syndicate is kind of boring and not much better than Unity.

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

AC is good looking but it's the same thing, over and over again.
    Doesn't help that they changed perspective and repainted the scenery and made Far Cry 3/4 and Watchdogs as well, with much the same gameplay

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Doesn't help that they changed perspective and repainted the scenery and made Far Cry 3/4 and Watchdogs as well, with much the same gameplay

This +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I loved Brotherhood and Black Flag. Both were incredible. Revelations and Rogue were both good as well but not a patch on the other 2. All 4 are better than Syndicate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I quite liked Syndicate, but I also like Unity. The only ones I really don't like are the first one, Rogue, and AC III. The rest have their good points, but I do think the repetitiveness can be applied to most open world third person games (such as Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight/City, all of which I also enjoy!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In a world where Platinum games are churning out Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Bayonetta, games that rely almost exclusively on 'Arkham' combat systems don't deserve to exist or even be as popular as they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    In a world where Platinum games are churning out Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Bayonetta, games that rely almost exclusively on 'Arkham' combat systems don't deserve to exist or even be as popular as they are.

But they're cool and easy and have ascending numbers. People love cool, easy things with ascending numbers

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Shadow of Mordor would be the exception maybe?

Platinum are a 50/50 studio for me, for every good game they have , they have a totally rubbish one too. Turtles was crap so that should mean Scalebound will be good .... or so I keep telling myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

People need to stop getting angry over preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

People need to stop getting angry over preorders.

True that.

Why should Shadow of Mordor be an exception? Don't get me wrong, just finished it and I loved that game but the combat is so inherently flawed, I'm glad it at least forced you to use other methods

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

True that.
    I can edit too.
    I see people giving out about them a lot but it's not their money, people will either get something they want or get burned and be more careful.
    I preorder things myself now and again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shadow of Mordor would be the exception maybe?

Nope, Shadow of Mordor is one of the biggest offenders for me. It relies too heavily on it's awful and flawed combat system. I just can't enjoy it because the combat is so poor and that's all there really is to it, unlike the Batman games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think shadow of mordor is overrated.

dont get me wrong, its grand, and the nemesis system is interesting, but as I played through it, I kept waiting for the part where I'd be blown away by it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

+1 never understood the appeal,game after game of the same thing more or less.

Agree on the shadow of mordor comments above too, got bored of it very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hearthstone is a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Advanced Warfare has the best zombies gameplay and map, I've put more time into the Carrier map then all the other zombie maps in the other games combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Was given infinite warfare for free and so wasn't expecting much from it given the reviews and general malaise around the game.

Fired it up on my PS4 pro and i love it - graphics settings etc top notch. Maybe it COD fatigue but this game with modern warfare remastered bundled is a bargain IMO

ps talking about single player here i havent played MP at all. I'm one of the dying breed who prefers SP games

Korvanica wrote: »
    Hearthstone is a load of crap.

As is Gwent.

Nintendo Switch is just a bloody tablet with a docking station and a controller mounted on the side.
    People faffing over it like it's the second coming of Christ.
    Man that felt good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch is just a bloody tablet with a docking station and a controller mounted on the side.
    Man that felt good

Yeah, I found the reactions people had to it were a bit strange. It's like being in a cinema where everybody else is laughing at something that is patently unfunny and you're looking around you trying to figure out if the rest of the audience are on drugs or what.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As is Gwent.

You are dead to me :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You are dead to me :(

lol, sorry mick, I knew that'd get a reaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

I really cant seem to enjoy fps. I havent enjoyed any shooter since Conflict Desert Storm 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Man that felt good

Were they though? I think that's an exaggeration, it got positive early comments after the reveal but too little is known of it to be 'the second coming of Christ'
    I think you're taking whatever positively exaggerated minority comments that were out there, because people are people, about it and using that as a general reaction to it. Personally, I think it looks as if it has great potential, or am I faffing too much?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Corholio wrote: »
    I think you're taking whatever positively exaggerated minority comments that were out there, because people are people, about it and using that as a general reaction to it.

You basically just described 99% of Internet discussions about video games :pac:

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Were they though? I think that's an exaggeration, it got positive early comments after the reveal but too little is known of it to be 'the second coming of Christ'
    I think you're taking whatever positively exaggerated minority comments that were out there, because people are people, about it and using that as a general reaction to it. Personally, I think it looks as if it has great potential, or am I faffing too much?

The world doesn't revolve around boards.ie
    This is my opinion on what I read on boards and elsewhere for that matter.
    Yes I believe that it's quite radical reaction to something that is essentially a tablet.

Advertisement