Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 30 LIVE Thread - No stream links

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

People were complaining on here over the losses he had eaten since coming back, and particularly about a pending one against the Undertaker. The concern was over Brock's aura as a monster being hurt. Not only is that not a concern now, he's also been cemented as the biggest single threat to everyone and anyone in the company. All of a sudden, facing Brock Lesnar has become serious **** again, and that means a lot going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Totally get what you mean, Soft Falling Rain.

But for what, the remaining dozen (or whatever number of) appearances that Brock is legally contractually to make on WWE TV for 2014?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

But for what, the remaining dozen (or whatever) appearances that Brock is legally committed to make on WWE TV for 2014?

You would have to suspect that WWE didn't run with this until they had certain assurances. Maybe Brock has signed a significant extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

But for what, the remaining dozen (or whatever) appearances that Brock is legally contractually to make on WWE TV for 2014?

Part of the reason why Brock works is because of the rare appearances. You know when he appears, some serious shiznit is gonna go down. To begrudge the fact that a well-established marquee name guy broke the streak because he's part-time seems a bit redundant considering the guy holding the streak has had an even lighter schedule than he has the last half decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Will agree that The Shield deserved better than a squash match

Not an ideal match but it was booked perfectly, a powerful young team stuck in the ring with a corporate stooge and 2 middle aged dudes just back, they got killed as they should, it made proper sense, instead of a back and forth match and made The Shield look like money.
    Quite happy with how the match went down actually, and am in no rush to split them yet, all young so plenty of time for them to get single pushes.

• Advertisement

You would have to suspect that WWE didn't run with this until they had certain assurances. Maybe Brock has signed a significant extension.

Thought of that too. If Lensar signed a more frequent deal. Then it totally makes sense as you say. Guess we'll find out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Brock will surely be moving onto Bryan now. Where else do you go from this but the title? Having him disappear until Summerslam would be a complete waste of momentum surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Anyone here who thinks that the Streak ending was a call during the match is wrong. And whoever said that Brock kept his shoulders down or gave him an F-5 without protection clearly doesn't know the referee knows the outcome and would just not count the pin.

As for the actual streak ending it is so hard to comprehend. We can debate the significance all we want and debate was it right to give it to Brock (I don't think so) but the big thing is was it the right move? Yes it was. Let's face it lads, Taker had HBK, HHH and Punk in his last 5 Wrestlemanias. All very good workers who really get the best out of their opponents. That was never going to happen with Brock and we finally saw that Taker isn't cut out for it anymore. I even remember commenting to myself halfway through the match how out of shape Taker looked. What's a better way to bow out than on the grandest stage of them al during a massive celebration of how far it's come? He has been amazing but I think it's time Taker hung up his boots and left us with good memories, and not matches like the one he had tonight (told a good story in the ring mind you!)

Part of the reason why Brock works is because of the rare appearances. You know when he appears, some serious shiznit is gonna go down. To begrudge the fact that a well-established marquee name guy broke the streak because he's part-time seems a bit redundant considering the guy holding the streak has had an even lighter schedule than he has the last half decade.

It's whats best for moving forward. Wrestling is a work. Its a business. I'm sure WWE has a very good reason for how the 'taker lost the streak :p It's just hard to see it right now.

Chagan wrote: »
    Brock will surely be moving onto Bryan now. Where else do you go from this but the title? Having him disappear until Summerslam would be a complete waste of momentum surely.

I think you could do it both ways. Have Lesnar and Heyman gloat tomorrow then not be seen again, in the mean time the Authority want to get the belt off of Bryan, defeats Orton, Batista and whomever else (HHH?) in title defences over the next few months. Just when it seems Bryan has overcome the Authority, boom, out walks Lesnar for his Summerslam championship match. Complete fantasy booking but i'd enjoy it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

It's whats best for moving forward. Wrestling is a work. Its a business. I'm sure WWE has a very good reason for how the 'taker lost the streak :p It's just hard to see it right now.

I think it's one of those things that will make more sense as time moves on. I get why people are upset, it's the streak, it has been engrained in our minds that he will never lose in fact I think someone on here a few days ago said whoever feuds with Taker during WM season should just have Beck's "Loser" as their theme music. So I understand why it's a shock to some people, but it does make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Breaking the streak might have been a back up plan. Reports are coming from backstage that Undertaker was brought to hospital.
    Gunn also busted a few blood vessels in his lungs

Jester252 wrote: »
    Breaking the streak might have been a back up plan. Reports are coming from backstage that Undertaker was brought to hospital.
    Gunn also busted a few blood vessels in his lungs

Not a chance. He hit the tombstone 1 minute before the finish and could have finished the match if that were the plan, there is no way they called an audible like that on the fly and if there was it would have been very very noticeable that something was up.

EDIT: Not that i'm saying there's no chance Taker went to hospital, he took a lot of strong hits during the match every chance he was hurt but not to the extent that an audible needed to called.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

I was there tonight and never have i experienced such a surreal moment at a mania as i did when the streak was broken.
    We were in the block in front of the camara.
    We were chanting all night and as soon as the streak was broken everyone fell into a deep silence.
    I pittied the divas cos we took it out on them, and from what i saw most ppl didnt enjoy the main event for the same reason.
    I do believe that had wwe not held off with lesnars music for that few secs after he won, there would have been a riot.
    Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Not a chance. He hit the tombstone 1 minute before the finish and could have finished the match if that were the plan, there is no way they called an audible like that on the fly and if there was it would have been very very noticeable that something was up.

EDIT: Not that i'm saying there's no chance Taker went to hospital, he took a lot of strong hits during the match every chance he was hurt but not to the extent that an audible needed to called.

While it might have been planned there is still a chance that it was a plan B

The issue could have arose when Brock hit the F-5. Every since Austin and Owen matches have a plan B in case of an injury in the ring.

The report that I've read seem pretty bad. Taker had to be helped across the curtain. Vince and Brock followed in a car, I doubt Vince would leave Wrestalmaina for a slight injury and he was apparently unconscious at arrival to the hospital.

As for the lack of doctors ring side that could have been Undertaker per match call, the guy loves kayfabe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

http://youtu.be/-kGz7wKDRGo

Let me just leave this here. Dat reaction.

Great WM and a great and successful test for the network. The last week alone has been worth the annual subscription fee let alone a 6 month commitment.

If feels like we are building to the internet darlings era starting tonight with Cesaro, The Shield and Bryan all coming off a strong wrestlemania. Tonight is going to be epic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement