Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 30 LIVE Thread - No stream links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

What a night. Had a few mates over, a few beers....it was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    That has to be a joke right? It just ate WM 28 for breakfast and sh1t out WM 29 that's how good it was! One of the best WM in the last 10 years!

Really, Cena over Wyatt which was ridiculous unless they extend the feud, loved Cesaro winning the battle royal but the match was awful, the shield had a squash match and we know given time they can have awesome show stealing matches, takers match was mediocre compared to his last five he won and the main event was mediocre as well, it was a given Bryan would win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Now to do this all again tomorrow night, for the best Raw of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Seems like along time ago we had Daniel Wyatt and the WM main event was Orton V Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

ShaneU wrote: »
    orton on the monitor, ouch

He can thank Batista for the monitor being under the table. He just tossed the first one at Ricardo and the wires swung it in underneath.

At least he cleared the rest of them properly ... landing on one is dangerous enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Xenji wrote: »
    Really, Cena over Wyatt which was ridiculous unless they extend the feud, loved Cesaro winning the battle royal but the match was awful, the shield had a squash match and we know given time they have awesome show stealing matches, takers match was mediocre compared to his last five he aon and the main event was mediocre as well

Agreed, but think about the dire quality of most of the other Wrestlemanias in the last few years. They've been pretty poor since WM24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

6 hours of perfect streaming - don't think anybody was expecting that.

Glad I stayed up.. Loved the show.

Delighted about the Taker result, but fear we'll never heard the end of it..

Bed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Really, Cena over Wyatt which was ridiculous unless they extend the feud, loved Cesaro winning the battle royal but the match was awful, the shield had a squash match and we know given time they have awesome show stealing matches, takers match was mediocre compared to his last five he aon and the main event was mediocre as well

Exactly the I remember coming back and looking at the card and thought really is this the ****e their putting out?

Really shows the lack of star power wwe have now that the vets are gone and wwe burying Barrett all them years ago.

In fairness I havent enjoyed WM since 23

HBK v Cena
    Taker v Batista
    were main event matches with a storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Who the hell is that ?

Sister and niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Best Mania since 19 imo. I didn't enjoy any of the last three and thought tonights card was terrible but man what a show it turned out to be. Delighted Bryan won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Taker v Lesnar needed a stip.

Really loved the triple threat. Everyone performed well.

Have to be up for work at nine, might just pull an all-nighter, but RAW tomorrow, IDK what to do

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Finally a Mania worth paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Really, Cena over Wyatt which was ridiculous unless they extend the feud, loved Cesaro winning the battle royal but the match was awful, the shield had a squash match and we know given time they can have awesome show stealing matches, takers match was mediocre compared to his last five he won and the main event was mediocre as well, it was a given Bryan would win.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Right, so because Cena went over that makes the whole event bad? The battle royale was never going to be good until the last 6-8. It got good then, I did enjoy it then. Main event was not mediocre, the crowd were very flat at the start and the 3 men in it managed to really pick them up The opening segment was fantastic, HHH vs Bryan was amazing, Cena and Wyatt told a great story. Will agree that The Shield deserved better than a squash match and Taker vs Brock was mediocre. But to say it's the worst WM in the last 5 years is total and utter bullsh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

The taker lesner match was the most boring and dull match out of all them, group of 10 of us and all of us just wanted it to be over, none of us saw Lesner winning it. And a crap match to end the streak.

The crowds reaction matched ours perfectly, total shock.

WE were wondering if Lesner did a screw job on Taker - hit just a little bit too hard pinned him and the ref has no choice. Taker looked as shocked as anyone to have lost. Was it mcmahon and lesner or just lesner. Or just great acting on Takers part?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

A stellar first quarter, an average second, a memorable third and a satisfying fourth.

Very good Wrestlemania weighed down by a poor enough crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

silverbolt wrote: »
    The taker lesner match was the most boring and dull match out of all them, group of 10 of us and all of us just wanted it to be over, none of us saw Lesner winning it. And a crap match to end the streak.

WE were wondering if Lesner did a screw job on Taker - hit just a little bit too hard pinned him and the ref has no choice. Taker looked as shocked as anyone to have lost. Was it mcmahon and lesner or just lesner. Or just great acting on Takers part?

Nah. There's rumours already that Taker called the result during the match, which I doubt. But whether the decision was made during the match, last night or last year I'd be staggered if it wasn't Undertaker's decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Really don't think i'm ever going to see a crowd reaction like tonight again. Television history folks. Maybe we watched WWE jump the shark but that Wrestlemania will live long in the memory. Up there with the very best, the one bad match is totally forgotten about because of how it ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

For all people complain about the WWE not listening to the fans or being predictable WM 30 proved people wrong (for the most part)

D Bryan winning the title is what people wanted.

Cesaro getting that masssive rub with the win.

Taker losing the streak was possibly the biggest shock in WM history.

Brat Wyatt I feel should have got the win I felt but overall I really enjoyed that PPV and am excited for once where the E goes from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

To be fair I think the only people who knew the result was Vince hhh and taker I don't think even Brock knew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

To be fair I think the only people who knew the result was Vince hhh and taker I don't think even Brock knew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Great Mania. Best since x7. Had everything. Crowd were fine. Better than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

silverbolt wrote: »

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Nah. There's rumours already that Taker called the result during the match, which I doubt. But whether the decision was made during the match, last night or last year I'd be staggered if it wasn't Undertaker's decision.

Lads, I am toally shocked myself about Lensar winning. But there isnt anything else at play. This was booked well in advance. it shocked us all.... I think if anyone said "oh yeah, I knew lensar was going to win!" is either a liar or too "involved" in the storyline aspect of wrestling :)

It shocked us all. But no 'funny business' at play here :p

I taught HHH hammer lock back drop onto the apron was the move of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha if it was a mistake they wouldn't have had the 21-1 graphics ready to go. Jesus, as if that was ever a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Crowd was mvp of the night. Apart from those crying for refunds on the way out the door after Brock won.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just home now and still absolutely shocked about Lesnar. Whatever about last year's Mania being too predictable I don't think anybody could say they foresaw what happened tonight. Cannot wait for RAW

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Defo one of the top 3 Manias of all time in my opinion. Enjoyed every match (Including Lesnar/Taker) besides the Divas match. Lesnar/Taker was by no means a classic, it was two tough heavyweights being reasonably stiff with each other and in hindsight told a good story with Taker being on his back for a considerable portion of the match foreshadowing the end which was a major shock. Never seen a reaction to a finish like that and it was a sight to behold. As I said, by no means a classic match but a solid story was told. People seem upset over Cena winning, but as the saying goes Wyatt lost the battle but will win the war presumably which I am fine with. Bryan/HHH was brilliant as was the triple threat and credit has to go to Batista and Orton for pulling their weight. I thought the crowd was on fire, the thing with these Stadium events is that the crowd audio often gets lost in the stadium itself just because it's so big, but all you needed to do was look at them to tell how passionate they were. All in all, great card and a better show than most could have imagined it being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Vince must have been bingeing on Game of Thrones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Guess now that it's all over.... The Undertaker losing was quite weird.

- The match wasnt the best. Which certainly took away from the moment Brock got the win.
    - But why Brock? He is currently part-time with WWE. He is already established. Why not an up and comer? :confused:
    - ^^^ Continuing on from above, it would appear 'Taker is following the old school unwritten rule: "enter on your back, leave on your back" - Guess you could say that Brock was a reputable guy, due to his UFC background, to beat him. But still why Brock?

Like, why not pass the torch? Help make somebody. Elevate someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement