Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4; Episode 1: 'Two Swords': *Have NOT* Read the Books MOD NOTE POST #

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That was awesome. Wish they would release the whole season as one so i can binge watch it. The Hound is a legend! He has quite the fondness for the word cnut. He says it so eloquently. And when he jammed yer mans head into his dagger, oh that was brilliant!

Also, if someone can update me (i had intended on watching all the seasons again, but didn't get round to it) - I take it that it was Robb's sword and animal fur that Twyin melted/burned at the the start?
    It was Ned's sword "Ice". The Lannisters got it after they executed Ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Tywin threw some sort of animal/animal skin into the fire after the Ice was recast, anyone know what it was or what it's symbolism is?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

THFC wrote: »
    Tywin threw some sort of animal/animal skin into the fire after the Ice was recast, anyone know what it was or what it's symbolism is?

tumblr_m3uzpyP85h1qfc86g.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Oprahs_Vagina

The Hound :D

"..... What the fuck is a lommy"

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io5_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io9_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io2_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io7_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io1_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io6_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io4_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io3_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io8_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io10_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

a-mans-gotta.jpg

omar-indeed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Kirby wrote: »
    Anyone notice they recast daario naharis? They don't look or sound anything alike. Fairly jarring.

I actually thought it was a new character at first, it took me a few minutes to figure out who he was supposed to be.

Terrible casting in my opinion. I don't buy that Khaleesi could be enamored by him the same way that I did the old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ShaggyQueen

I hope Sam doesn't do something stupid and put himself in the path of those cannibal wildlings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I actually thought it was a new character at first, it took me a few minutes to figure out who he was supposed to be.

Terrible casting in my opinion. I don't buy that Khaleesi could be enamored by him the same way that I did the old one.

I knew they had recast but what a terrible choice, only part of the whole episode i didn't like was him, just something about him, think you hit the nail on the head here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ShaggyQueen

mightyreds wrote: »
    I knew they had recast but what a terrible choice, only part of the whole episode i didn't like was him, just something about him, think you hit the nail on the head here.

Thought it was bad too, in my head I'm putting him down as one of those face changers like Jaqen

Jaqen_H%27ghar.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I hope Sam doesn't do something stupid and put himself in the path of those cannibal wildlings

Oh what a feast he'd make...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io5_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io9_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io2_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io7_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io1_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io6_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io4_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io3_250.gif

tumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io8_250.giftumblr_n3n758h7vA1qj7g7io10_250.gif

I'm genuinely worried by the amount of satisfaction I took out of that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Really solid opener. Surprised at how many characters I like in this show, so not too bothered they changed the actor for Daario Naharis. Anyone know why the actor was changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Really solid opener. Surprised at how many characters I like in this show, so not too bothered they changed the actor for Daario Naharis. Anyone know why the actor was changed?

Looks like Scheduling.

http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-season-4-spoilers-why-was-there-new-daario-naharis-season-premiere-two-swords-1568312

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Watched this at 2am as I was suffering DTs from the weekend.

Brilliant opener. Can almost see myself watching it again at some point. The Hound has some of the dialogue on TV right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Ah lads... if the show is that good, how good are the books??

Just awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Unpopular opinion, but I thought it was all slightly disappointing. Nothing much really happened and I had slight trouble trying to keep up with all the separate story strands from last season (damn these long hiatus'!) and working out who some of the newer characters were (those cannibal guys, the prince :confused:).

Was hoping to see what happened with Theon and his sister and Stannis, Davos and Melisandre, but instead got more Daenerys and her bloody dragons going nowhere as usual, Tywin forging two swords from Ned's old one and after a promising scene where Sansa is mysteriously tracked through the trees, it turns out to be a sozzled knight gifting her a necklace. Jaime's return to King's landing was also a bit of an anti climax, I thought.

Have to say though, the episode immediately improved as soon as the Hound appeared. He's been my favourite character for some time now and tonight he was just brilliant. I love the relationship between him and Arya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Agreed ,
    There's 1 possibly 2 too many storylines to keep up with, especially as they're quite complex.

Maybe I'm just a ticko :-)

" lots of cûnts"
    Best delivery of the word " cûnt" in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Agreed ,
    There's 1 possibly 2 too many storylines to keep up with, especially as they're quite complex.

Maybe I'm just a ticko :-)

" lots of cûnts"
    Best delivery of the word " cûnt" in ages

Ah yes, a classic delivery, but still pipped at the post by 'Ser' Bronn's epic delivery of the line

"theres no cure for being a cnut"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

I think he was cast in the new Transporter film as a young Jason Statham. Pity, as I hate changing actors when you're used to one face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

80s Child wrote: »
    Ah lads... if the show is that good, how good are the books??

Just awesome!!
    The best. Just read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Twas grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

Unpopular opinion, but I thought it was all slightly disappointing. Nothing much really happened and I had slight trouble trying to keep up with all the separate story strands from last season (damn these long hiatus'!) and working out who some of the newer characters were (those cannibal guys, the prince :confused:).

Was hoping to see what happened with Theon and his sister and Stannis, Davos and Melisandre, but instead got more Daenerys and her bloody dragons going nowhere as usual, Tywin forging two swords from Ned's old one and after a promising scene where Sansa is mysteriously tracked through the trees, it turns out to be a sozzled knight gifting her a necklace. Jaime's return to King's landing was also a bit of an anti climax, I thought.

Have to say though, the episode immediately improved as soon as the Hound appeared. He's been my favourite character for some time now and tonight he was just brilliant. I love the relationship between him and Arya.

I actually think that scene with Sansa could be an important one for the character. If you look at it from her point of view, she's essentially a prisoner of the Lannisters who have just butchered her family, and are pretty damn chuffed about it as well. I'd imagine that she must feel pretty helpless and worthless. That scene possibly gives her the tiniest bit of self worth that she's badly in need of. It's also the first occasion I can think of that I imagine myself warming to her a bit. Could be the writers trying to shift the audience's attitude towards the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

mightyreds wrote: »

but he played such nice characters in treme and nashville, think he's more suitable less of a pretty boy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ser Dontos(?) the drunk court fool, was brilliant i thought. When he first arrived, i thought blood was going to be spilled and Jaime and Brienne would come to her aid. As it happened she's made an ally, and possibly not one as weak as he appears to be either.

The Hound and Arya scenes were great, the Hound's bluntness and brutality in that five v one fight. "I might have to eat all the chickens" made me laugh out loud, as well as the "only cnuts" remark to Arya.

The arrival of the Martell Prince (Oberon?) was just setting the stage for something better i hope. Didnt know his sister was married to Rhaegar Targaryan. Should be interesting to see him butt heads with Tywin Lannister.

Jon Snow put that (former goldcloak commander) prick in his place, finally some backbone, and to the same guy that betrayed his father (though Jon probably doesn't know that yet. Maester Aemon had probably the second best line in the episode when he rebutted that he grew up in King's Landing to the acting Lord Commander.

Tyrion didn't have much to say, at least not as much as the previous episodes anyway.

Overall i really enjoyed it, but i think a lot of that enjoyment was just having the show back on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

mr.jingle wrote: »
    the Hound has turned into my favourite character on the show since he's taken Arya.
    Essien wrote: »
    the hound is an absolute boss
    Shane St. wrote: »
    The Hound is the man. Great 1st episode

He's gonna die soon isn't he...

:(

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Bacchus wrote: »
    He's gonna die soon isn't he...

:(

Are you takin' the p1ss? Is that info from the books? If so, you are in the wrong thread :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

LFCFan wrote: »
    Are you takin' the p1ss? Is that info from the books? If so, you are in the wrong thread :mad:

I think Bacchus is just reflecting what people expect from this show/book

as soon as you like some character he's bumped off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I think it will always be a bit difficult if you haven't read the books. It's a lot easier to give details on background and history in the books than on TV

For example, Prince Oberan has to basically try to explain the background to the Dornish-Lanister hostility in a single conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LFCFan wrote: »

I think he is just having a go at how our beloved characters don't seem to last long in GoT.

Anyways, superb episode. So many fantastic scenes, but the two that were really special hadn't even a word of dialogue between them. In the opening scene, the melting of Ned's sword and the burning of the pelt was incredibly poignant and a perfect way to open the series - a single scene to tell the story of the first 3 seasons. Then, in the closing scene, Arya getting her own horse shows that the Hound now trusts her and she trusts him (after he saying she'll never get her own horse). Fantastic.

And my favourie line?

"I understand that if any more words come pouring out your c**t mouth, I'm going to have to eat every f**king chicken in this room" :D

Advertisement