Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4; Episode 1: 'Two Swords': *Have NOT* Read the Books MOD NOTE POST #

Options
  • 06-04-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭

There was no thread for non-readers so I thought I'd start one for ya's:P

Usual rules apply so that mean no book spoilers at all.

If anyone breaks that rule the mods are standing by to deliver the King's Justice.

SeanBean2.jpg

Hi all, Calex here, been on holidays so playing catch up here and hence the lack of warnings and ban hammers being swung.

I declare an amnesty in my absence but I will go through this thread later when I have the time and catch up and edit anything I deem unfit for this thread.

Going forward however the rules of old will apply, book discussion in any form has no shape or form has NO place in these Non Reader threads, as I have said before the books have no bearing on the show, the show could stick 100% to the book or not at all so really viewers do not need to see comparisons to the book, that discussion is to be kept to the readers thread. It not only risks spoilers but also causes confusion for non readers as characters discussed may or may not be a part of the show etc.

I will take a very dim view of anyone I suspect having read the books but posting as if they haven't and posting spoilers in the guise of speculation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Looking forward to this, what time does this air Irish time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

nuxxx wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, what time does this air Irish time?

2 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

haro124 wrote: »
    2 AM

On Sky Atlantic at 2am as well which is excellent for anyone that has access to it. No more terrible streams and having to rewatch again in the morning because of missing an important scene after a freeze.

Haven't had time to overthink this season so really hoping it's gonna be excellent. There was something about last season that wasn't as good for me and think that might have been me over hyping it in my head.

Anyways let's see how she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    On Sky Atlantic at 2am as well which is excellent for anyone that has access to it. No more terrible streams and having to rewatch again in the morning because of missing an important scene after a freeze.

I have both Sky Atlantic and insomnia. Excellent.

I am so psyched!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Finally:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Haven't had time to overthink this season so really hoping it's gonna be excellent. There was something about last season that wasn't as good for me and think that might have been me over hyping it in my head.

Anyways let's see how she goes.

Only episode one is being shown at this time. Back to normal next week so dont be deleting those streams just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

"Lots of people name their swords!"

"Lots of c*nts"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Loved it! Excellent first episode, had forgotten how epic this show is. Terrific :)

Boom! That was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

**** the King!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

God I love GoT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

How great was it watching it without the adverts on every few minutes! Great episode, the Hound has turned into my favourite character on the show since he's taken Arya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

...But I never have to watch it with adverts??

Oh, Oh, I get it. How quaint!! :D

You may have seen it before me this time youngling but thats the last time you do. Mark my words. Muhahahahah!!.....until the last episode of S4 depending on ratings.....maybe

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Best episode since season 1.

I'm in Canada with Sky Go, I'm not sure if it's going to be shown on Sky Go though... The time difference has screwed up my programme guide. Does anyone know if I can watch this on Sky Atlantic through Sky Go?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyone notice they recast daario naharis? They don't look or sound anything alike. Fairly jarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭golfball37

Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the closing segment between Arya and the Hound. Methinks Jaime and Cersei are in for conflict when she wants Shae bumped off to upset Tyrion. Thankfully no Bran which is the one story I don't like at the moment.

Well impressed and worth the wait. Watching it ad free made some difference also, please keep it up sky. Am already raging I have to wait a whole bloody week for my next fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I've watched all 3 seasons in the past 2 weeks, having to wait a whole week for another episode is going to be tough!

Great episode though, the hound is an absolute boss. I think Arya is the character I'm behind most, she's been through so much, her vengeful killing spree will be great.

Also, is Jaime a good guy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Arya and her gentle way of killing D:
    I'll just slip this needle onto your throat, k? :)
    Great first episode, week wait is feckin torture :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Essien wrote: »

I don't know if he's "good". I think the actor just won everybody over.
    He's been brilliant throughout. Alongside Arya as my favourite characters.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Oberyn comes across as the single most bad ass character.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Great episode. The statue in the garden of Joffrey and the wolf was great, but Arya and the hound were brilliant as always together.

Arya: he used it to kill Lommy

The Hound: What the **** is a lommy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

The Hound is the man. Great 1st episode

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

I've seen brief interviews with with George Martin who makes a point that his characters tend to be capable of good and evil whereas other fantasy books have very black and white characters when it comes to good and evil.

I'm not up-to-date with the books but I believe Jaime loseinghis hand was meant to be a huge turning point in his outlook as his swordmanship was renowned and his main strength and source of his arrogance. In the last season there was the scene in the bath with Brienne where the real reason he killed the previous king (and got the name kingslayer) was revealed and that's when he became a more complex character than the Jaime from Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The only real outright evil thing I can remember him doing was throwing Bran out the window and even then he gave Cersei a look like "do I really have to do this?".

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,150 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

KerranJast wrote: »
    The only real outright evil thing I can remember him doing was throwing Bran out the window and even then he gave Cersei a look like "do I really have to do this?".

I hated him more when he slaughtered Ned's men in the courtyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sacramento wrote: »
    I'm in Canada with Sky Go, I'm not sure if it's going to be shown on Sky Go though... The time difference has screwed up my programme guide. Does anyone know if I can watch this on Sky Atlantic through Sky Go?

If Sky Go works for you then it should do

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That was awesome. Wish they would release the whole season as one so i can binge watch it. The Hound is a legend! He has quite the fondness for the word cnut. He says it so eloquently. And when he jammed yer mans head into his dagger, oh that was brilliant!

Also, if someone can update me (i had intended on watching all the seasons again, but didn't get round to it) - I take it that it was Robb's sword and animal fur that Twyin melted/burned at the the start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Also, if someone can update me (i had intended on watching all the seasons again, but didn't get round to it) - I take it that it was Robb's sword and animal fur that Twyin melted/burned at the the start?

It was Nedd's sword. The one he used to chop the traitors head off in the very 1st episode....and the sword which was used to chop his head off.

Advertisement