Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Zones

Options
  • 06-04-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

HI

I have the HKC SW812 alarm system. I can inhibit a point e.g. bathroom window, by entering 0****#52, assuming 52 is the window point number. If I want to inhibit 2 windows I would do, according to the manual, 0****#51#52. However, this doesn't seem to work.

Can I add 2 points to a new zone and then just inhibit the zone? If so, what is the procedure for this/
    Also, is there a more detailed manual apart from the one that can be downloaded from the HKC website, maybe an engineers manual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Down Exile wrote: »
    HI

I have the HKC SW812 alarm system. I can inhibit a point e.g. bathroom window, by entering 0****#52, assuming 52 is the window point number. If I want to inhibit 2 windows I would do, according to the manual, 0****#51#52. However, this doesn't seem to work.

Can I add 2 points to a new zone and then just inhibit the zone? If so, what is the procedure for this/
    Also, is there a more detailed manual apart from the one that can be downloaded from the HKC website, maybe an engineers manual?

Sent you the manual by P.M.

To inhibit enter your code, press star, point number, press star, point number yes. This is to inhibit two points or zones.

Points and zones work differently so you cant inhibit the zone to get all the points not to be included. Only way to do this would be to add global sensors to a zone which are looped together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Down Exile

Hi

Thanks, that works perfectly

Down Exile wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks, that works perfectly

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Odellius

Hi all, I am hoping you can help. I have a HKC Secure Watch SW8/12 alarm. I was installed by a guy I used to work with. He only connected up the panel, the keypad and sensors on my front and back door. I am now looking for help with the following 3 things:
    1. Does any one have an installation manual for this alarm? I want to access the engineers menu, when I enter my alarm code now the alarm just sets.
    2. How do I/What do I need to add the functionality to get the alarm to sms or call me when activated? I have a standard telephone line, I am more than happy with a call just notifying me, I am not looking to remote arm/disarm
    3. How do I connect up shock sensors. I have bought 10 shock sensors for each of my windows and I am unsure how to connect them. I understand the concept of a zone looping from window to window, what I am unsure about is how the wires on my panel relate to the sensor. On my panel I have 2 tamper connections and 2 alarm connections, however on my sensors I have six connections (see image). Unfortunately, it is not an option for me to buy other sensors as I cannot return these so sort of need them to work. Also do I need to do something with the last sensor on the loop.

Thanks for your help
    M

Just to clarify in case there is a problem opening the image, my shock sensors have 6 connections. 2 x alarm, 2 x tamper and 2 labelled 12 V

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To clarify. New users who post images must have their posts approved.
    So the 12 volt + & - connect to aux + & - at the panel,
    The tamper pair are wired in series into the tamper input in the panel.
    The zone pair are wired in series into the zone input in the panel.

Thanks Koolkid, do you know where the aux is on my board, I had a look and do not see it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its the + & - above the keypad connections marked 1 2 3 4.
    Have you the manual for this?

I"ll take the cover off and look again. I don't have an engineers install manual, just a user manual

Ill PM you the manual.

• Advertisement

That's perfect thanks, I opened my panel and found the aux as described. One other question, my panel always says zones in soak when I set it ever since the alarm was installed. How can I disable this, its just annoying, everything works fine sensor wise

You should go through each zone > zone options & see what zone(s) have soak enabled.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You should go through each zone > zone options & see what zone(s) have soak enabled.

I went into zone->zone options and when I select a zone all I get is zone type i.e. Alarm and the only setting i can change is 'inhibited'. Could it be anywhere else?

When you goto zone options ( not zone type) there will be an option for soak. Check it is set to no for each zone.

KoolKid wrote: »
    When you goto zone options ( not zone type) there will be an option for soak. Check it is set to no for each zone.

Definitely no option for soak, the only option i get is inhibit. When I go to zone options I press yes, it then shows me z1 ent/exit, when i press yes i get the inhibit option (yes or no) If I press no at the z1 ent/exit i am brough to z2, z3 etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dbro

altor wrote: »
    Sent you the manual by P.M.

I have inherited the same alarm with a new house, but no manual with it. Any chance you could send me the manual also please?

Thanks in advance.

dbro wrote: »
    I have inherited the same alarm with a new house, but no manual with it. Any chance you could send me the manual also please?

Thanks in advance.

That is no problem. P.M. sent.

That is no problem. P.M. sent.

Top man. Thank you.

Top man. Thank you.

Your welcome, any problems let us know :)

Your welcome, any problems let us know :)

Well, seeing as you asked... ;-) So it turns out that I don't have the engineers code either (you were probably expecting this question!) and it's not the default code. I can probably guess the answer, as I doubt there is anyway to get the code? Can the board be factory reset? Or do you have any other advice?

• Advertisement

Well, seeing as you asked... ;-) So it turns out that I don't have the engineers code either (you were probably expecting this question!) and it's not the default code. I can probably guess the answer, as I doubt there is anyway to get the code? Can the board be factory reset? Or do you have any other advice?

Was not expecting questions so soon :D

If you P.M. me who installed the alarm system I will check my list for a code for you.

Turn off the mains first. The system itself can be defaulted if not engineer locked by down powering the system mains and battery, remove the factory link marked JP1 then power back up on battery. If the system defaults you will be prompted on the keypad to default, If it comes up engineer locked you would need a registered installer to default the system for you.

If you P.M. me who installed the alarm system I will check my list for a code for you.
    Unfortunately, also a mystery. There are no markings suggesting who the installer was. I'll try to default it using your method and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Unfortunately, also a mystery. There are no markings suggesting who the installer was. I'll try to default it using your method and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

No probs, let us know how you get on :)

Turn off the mains first. The system itself can be defaulted if not engineer locked by down powering the system mains and battery, remove the factory link marked JP1 then power back up on battery. If the system defaults you will be prompted on the keypad to default, If it comes up engineer locked you would need a registered installer to default the system for you.
    Perfect! System is defaulted! I'd better read the rest of the manual now ;-)

Fantastic help and very much appreciated.

Perfect! System is defaulted! I'd better read the rest of the manual now ;-)

Fantastic help and very much appreciated.

Glad I could help :D
    If you need anymore help with programming let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Biggymac

Hi Everyone. I'm new on here and I know this thread is old but I have a HKC home alarm system.
    The panel reads SW8/12. After some recent work to the house (including the moving of a sensor while still attached). The alarm box has a fault light and a message saying 'Aux Fuse Fault'.

Is there a way that I can reset the unit to remove the fault? Looking at the panel there appears to be four glass fuses and one larger glass fuse. Could I just pick these up handy and replace them if that's the issue.
    The money really isn't there to hire an engineer to come out if he just has to change a fuse.

Cheers,
    Brian

You could just change the fuse with one of the same rating. However I would be more concerned with finding the fault that caused the fuse to blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

how can i delete a zone from m y hkc alarm,I went into zones then options said yes to inhibit but it did not atop it

tangoman wrote: »
    how can i delete a zone from m y hkc alarm,I went into zones then options said yes to inhibit but it did not atop it

You need to go into zone types and make the zone unused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

wrote:
    I went ito engineers then to zones then to the zone I wanted to delete then to inhibit and pressed yes but it did no inhibit the zone

Advertisement