Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filler Items to get Free Shipping [Amazon.co.uk]

Options
  • 06-04-2014 8:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

51FrIgE3W6L._SY300_.jpg51YExnvjrAL._SY300_.jpg

Add to Basket @ Amazon.co.uk - £1.99 each, handy option if need to get to £25 for free shipping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

These are nearly always 2EUR for 10 in Tesco

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hfallada wrote: »
    These are nearly always 2EUR for 10 in Tesco

They are €2.80 in tesco at the moment, but I was posting it more as an option to add to other items to make up £25 to get free shipping for Amazon rather than a bargain itself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

10 pack of those bic pens only 1 euro 49 in dealz . got 2 packs for my kids and their schoolbags only last week .

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'd love to get these for my brother for his birthday, but he's left handed :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭handandy

antodeco wrote: »
    I'd love to get these for my brother for his birthday, but he's left handed :(
    send him to the *leftorium* :D
    http://www.leftyslefthanded.com/Left_Handed_Writing_Tools_s/24.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Davy wrote: »
    They are €2.80 in tesco at the moment, but I was posting it more as an option to add to other items to make up £25 to get free shipping for Amazon rather than a bargain itself

Might be an idea to have an amazon add-ons thread? cheap items that'll push you into the free shipping range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

You can just search "add on item" on amazon and it'll show you all of the add on items.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where's the bargain?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

snubbleste wrote: »
    Where's the bargain?

You can take a one month holiday from this forum and give us all a break from your trolling. That's not for this one post, it's for your attitude here generally, I'm sick of getting reported posts about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Isn't there a website that finds you all things on amazon under a certain price??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Might be an idea to have an amazon add-ons thread? cheap items that'll push you into the free shipping range.

Their has been a few in the past, but they slowly disappear. Their is sites dedicated to finding filler items, one example:> http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk

If anyone wants to add items to this thread feel free and I will edit the thread title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Thanks for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

I often see people mention adding a back-ordered product to go over 25 and then cancel the back-ordered product once the item ships ,does this actually work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I just add two of whatever I'm buying and change the quantity to one at the final confirmation page. They never add back on the shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

thanks for all the ideas, i never seem to ever get near the figure and end up buying something a bit more. probably cos i am too lazy. cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    I often see people mention adding a back-ordered product to go over 25 and then cancel the back-ordered product once the item ships ,does this actually work ?

I do this quite a bit. Order something on preorder, wait until the item you want is shipped and then cancel the preorder. It also works for the subscribe and save too if you have the option and you get 5-10% off, and free shipping. You can cancel any time.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I just add two of whatever I'm buying and change the quantity to one at the final confirmation page. They never add back on the shipping.

Tried it there and when I went to change quantity at the final page, it sent me back to choosing delivery......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

baxtards have done away with free shipping to Denmark :( Am bummed. I use that site so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

amazon prime + parcel motel FTW! :)

free next day delivery to NI with the majority of items, then €3.50 for PM to your locality (usually within a day of arriving in NI).

you also now get amazon prime instant video free with your prime membership which is the rebranded 'lovefilm' service that is shaping up to be a (semi) decent netflix competitor, but for the price it's hard to argue.

it's £79 for the year subscription so if you're ordering more than 10 or so items of half decent size in the course of a year, it pays for itself and the more you order, the more you save.

also, if you have amazon prime and have kids its well worth signing up to amazon family as well as you get a lot of good deals specifically on kids stuff that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

vibe666 wrote: »

you also now get amazon prime instant video free with your prime membership which is the rebranded 'lovefilm' service that is shaping up to be a (semi) decent netflix competitor, but for the price it's hard to argue.

Didn't think this works in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

vibe666 wrote: »
    amazon prime + parcel motel FTW! :)

free next day delivery to NI with the majority of items, then €3.50 for PM to your locality (usually within a day of arriving in NI).

so you pay €100 a year to Amazon plus €3.50 to PM for every delivery, rather than just getting the stuff shipped for free direct to Ireland? I'm intrigued...

think its gets to you quicker. I have noticed recently that amazon have gone woeful at dispatching quickly, "dispatching now" can be up for a week....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

TheDriver wrote: »
    think its gets to you quicker. I have noticed recently that amazon have gone woeful at dispatching quickly, "dispatching now" can be up for a week....

It's quite hit and miss, my last two free delivery orders dispatched within a day of ordering but and order before those did take 4 days to dispatch, none of the orders were late getting to me though (going by amazon's initial expected delivery date)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

TheDriver wrote: »

if it has to go via Parcel Motel that will also delay it.

If you order a lot of small items (and really can't wait to aggregate them into larger orders) then Prime might be an option, but you would have to make a lot of orders for it be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

loyatemu wrote: »
    so you pay €100 a year to Amazon plus €3.50 to PM for every delivery, rather than just getting the stuff shipped for free direct to Ireland? I'm intrigued...
    free next day express shipping, plus the instant video is well worth it imho. if you're buying a bunch of nicknacks you don't really need to make up the cost it's hardly a saving anyway is it?

personally I do most of my shopping online these days and have spent at least €3000 just at amazon in the last 12 months, so it's well worth it if you are a regular shopper.
    degsie wrote: »
    Didn't think this works in Ireland.
    ah but it does. :)

well, at least if you've already got everything set up to get around geolocking content such as the BBC iplayer etc. :cool:

302083.jpg

not everything is free (it's cheap enough to rent or buy premium content if that's your thing), but there's plenty on there that is and it's growing all the time.
    loyatemu wrote: »
    if it has to go via Parcel Motel that will also delay it.
    free next day express shipping is still next day to NI and if it gets to PM in NI before lunch, it's usually at my PM locker (in Dublin 15) for me to collect by later that evening or the following morning at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

Just watch with the Parcel Motel route. Amazon have a habit of breaking up orders into seperate boxes, even if you choose the option to send all together, which would mean a new €3.50 for each. Not sure if this is the case with Prime, but something to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

MF2HD wrote: »
    Just watch with the Parcel Motel route. Amazon have a habit of breaking up orders into seperate boxes, even if you choose the option to send all together, which would mean a new €3.50 for each. Not sure if this is the case with Prime, but something to watch.

They did this to me last week.

Used parcel motel for an £8.50 item that wouldnt ship to Ireland.

To get the free delivery to the UK, you have to spend over £10. So I ordered a cheap toothbrush to get over the £10.

Then they split the delivery into two.

€3.50 stay at parcel motel on a £1 toothbrush. But they took a few days to ship the toothbrush, so I cancelled the item and still got free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

MF2HD wrote: »

This! Parcel Motel doesn't work great with Amazon at all.

And I've also found that Amazon are now a lot slower to dispatch items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Paddy_R wrote: »
    This! Parcel Motel doesn't work great with Amazon at all.

And I've also found that Amazon are now a lot slower to dispatch items.

I thought you could just add something small to bring it over £25 and then cancel that item after the order goes through.
    This used to work anyway.

Advertisement