Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone who has never watched TV; what one episode do you tell them to watch?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Personally I always get the feeling Frasier was never fully appreciated by the viewing public very few people I talk to were fans of the show and it's viewership when it was on TV wasn't spectacular either.

I love Frasier and certainly all the episodes you mentioned are brilliant, however I prefer Cheers and I do think Frasier worked better as a fish out of water as he was in Cheers.

'Diane's Allergy' is one of my favourite Cheers episodes as is 'Snow Job'. The Sam-Diane relationship is one of the best on TV and 'Snow Job' is such a great example of it at it's best/worst.

Drama wise I think the pilot of Life On Mars is a worthy contender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I love Frasier and certainly all the episodes you mentioned are brilliant, however I prefer Cheers and I do think Frasier worked better as a fish out of water as he was in Cheers.

'Diane's Allergy' is one of my favourite Cheers episodes as is 'Snow Job'. The Sam-Diane relationship is one of the best on TV and 'Snow Job' is such a great example of it at it's best/worst.

Drama wise I think the pilot of Life On Mars is a worthy contender.

I love Cheers as well although I would class Frasier as being a little bit sharper.My favorite episode of Cheers is probably the bachelor auction episode from season 6 and the Big Kiss off which was also in season 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The "Slow Down" episode of Taxi was brilliant.It was Christipher Lloyds first appearance as a regular on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

Jaynestown from Firefly.

Agreed! Amazing choice. It's hard to decide, maybe I would pick the X-Files.. "The Post Modern Prometheus" or "Home" (it would really creep them out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aya xxv

Any episode of Seinfeld. Or e2s1 the wire. E1s2 house of cards. Simpsons "unleash the dogs that spit bees"3rd last ep current series of the good wife. Glenroe when biddy dies. But best of all for the worst/funniest/hammiest/mawkish/did I mention worst ever is Dallas 2 when jr dies for real as hagmans liver finally gave up. Absolutely hilarious

• Advertisement
Advertisement