Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All TV 3 Staff Offered Redundancy - The End?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭3mm

wouldn't like to see it go as there is very few channels with saorview as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Are they off screen, as i aint never seen one.

All the breakfast crew are relaxed and personable,Vin B,newsreaders are efficient and without the "ego".
    In comparison to the nervous self conscious types RTE seem intent on hiring and sticking with for decades they're light years ahead.

Only really watch a bit of the breakfast show and Vin B,what goes on in between leaves a lot to be desired in fairness but credit where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

3mm wrote: »
    wouldn't like to see it go as there is very few channels with saorview as it is
    TV3 may not be the best, but a lot of people in ireland only have Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

kneemos wrote: »
    All the breakfast crew are relaxed and personable,Vin B,newsreaders are efficient and without the "ego".
    In comparison to the nervous self conscious types RTE seem intent on hiring and sticking with for decades they're light years ahead.

Only really watch a bit of the breakfast show and Vin B,what goes on in between leaves a lot to be desired in fairness but credit where it's due.

Vin B who cant get through one auto-cue without fumbling and getting confused, Ireland AM with the vacuous Sinead Desmond and all knowing Cagney, not to mention Sammy Sausages!!! Each to their own i suppose but they all deserve more than a p45.

I also feel sorry for Glenda Gilson, it's a bit early for her to be put out to pasture..
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

kneemos wrote: »

Not nearly as many technical hitches either, they (RTE) can't seem to run a news bulletin these days without one occuring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Adamantium wrote: »
    Not nearly as many technical hitches either, they (RTE) can't seem to run a news bulletin these days without one occuring

Irish Ukrainians, not Russians?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Adamantium wrote: »
    Its getting worse, there was a Primetime on the other night and it was like the cameraman had his kid on his lap playing with the controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Thargor wrote: »
    Its getting worse, there was a Primetime on the other night and it was like the cameraman had his kid on his lap playing with the controls.

I was in the audience a few months ago, and one of the camera operators had two X-chromosomes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

sopretty wrote: »
    Irish Ukrainians, not Russians?

Definitely not Russians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The channel has also recently built a 5,000 square-foot HD studio off the M50 motorway in Dublin. It is the biggest purpose-built HD TV facility in Ireland.
    ...which has never been used to broadcast even single second of HD content on their channels. I wish they would stop banging on about this. Nobody cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

JDxtra wrote: »
    ...which has never been used to broadcast even single second of HD content on their channels. I wish they would stop banging on about this. Nobody cares!

And their SD output is the lowest definition of any channel out there.
    Its like watching YouTube at 240p.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

In fairness to TV3, they had a good aul stab at The Apprentice. That was probably the best show in terms of entertainment I had seen on an Irish channel at the time. The first season or two anyway.

Can't say I've watched, or even know of, anything else on the channel apart from the daytime ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

JDxtra wrote: »
    yep it gets really tiring when you hear a station that bleats on about HD studio but shows the programmes in an attrocious SD bitrate quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Vin B who cant get through one auto-cue without fumbling and getting confused, Ireland AM with the vacuous Sinead Desmond and all knowing Cagney, not to mention Sammy Sausages!!! Each to their own i suppose but they all deserve more than a p45.

Ahh they have character you see which means you can relate to them.
    Those wooden autocue types just turn people off.

Advertisement