Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Seaneh wrote: »
    I ain't sayin nothin...

That's a bit of a damp squib then. I'd have preferred the peanut butter stout. Can't see how either could be considered 'sexy' though. :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

This is it...

1506635_697317166982690_1624181742824797400_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

alastair wrote: »
    That's a bit of a damp squib then. I'd have preferred the peanut butter stout. Can't see how either could be considered 'sexy' though. :o

You reckon? Ive a few bottles of 200 fathoms but still have yet to try it. Excited to try it on draught for my first experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

200 Fathoms it is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So it is 200 Fathoms? Ha! Seaneh, worst insider knowledge ever! :);)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So it is 200 Fathoms? Ha! Seaneh, worst insider knowledge ever! :);)

Eh... I basically said it was 200 fathoms several times without saying it directly. I only said it wouldn't be on cask, which it isn't.

Eh... I basically said it was 200 fathoms several times without saying it directly. I only said it wouldn't be on cask, which it isn't.

Don't be back tracking now! :)

Don't be back tracking now! :)

Show me where is said it wasn't 200 fathoms there so...

Show me where is said it wasn't 200 fathoms there so...

Where's the fun Seaneh we all used to know and love gone? You've changed man.

Where's the fun Seaneh we all used to know and love gone? You've changed man.

Prison changes a man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Dare I ask how much it is? :-)

symbolic wrote: »
    Dare I ask how much it is? :-)

6 Doubloons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Should be plenty in the dark horse Blackrock, I'm having the first poured right now 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

so has anyone had a pint or a 3/4 pint or whatever it is? how is it??

BMJD wrote: »
    so has anyone had a pint or a 3/4 pint or whatever it is? how is it??

2/3rds of a pint. It was delicious, if spendy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

2/3rds of a pint. It was delicious, if spendy.

How spendy?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

Of Foam and Fury now rated No1 beer in Ireland on ratemybeer.com
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/country/ireland/100/

adamski8 wrote: »
    How spendy?

6 souls of first born sons.

6 souls of first born sons.

Only 5 with the soul loyalty card.

Only 5 with the soul loyalty card.

I lost my loyalty card that time my armour was stolen by some dark elf.

• Advertisement

Id really like to drop by tonight and have some after a hard days work but of course im forbidden.

Any news on this peanut butter stout? I like the sound of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

aficionado wrote: »
    Of Foam and Fury now rated No1 beer in Ireland on ratemybeer.com
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/country/ireland/100/

That's a little bit of a L'oreal statistic...

The average of 22 votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

They use a Baynesian formula for the voting, similar to IMDB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Rogue Voodoo Donut ale, which has a strong peanut butter element, was very artificial in taste. Hopefully this stout will be a better effort.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    The Rogue Voodoo Donut ale, which has a strong peanut butter element, was very artificial in taste. Hopefully this stout will be a better effort.

Didnt try it but i imagine a stout lends itself better to peanut tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

Ive had a taste from the conditioning tank. It leaves a salty coating on your mouth that doesnt hit for a bit after swallowing. That might change with time & carbonation though. Ive never had a peanut butter stout so am intrigued by it.
    my friend wrote: »
    That's a little bit of a L'oreal statistic...
    The average of 22 votes

Ratebeer scoring is a science. Great interview with the guys behind it & how they process the data & scores in the link below if yer interested in that kinda thing. http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/1053

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Brewdog beers in general are expensive in keg. Either brewdog or four corners are the cause of that.

That would be something to take up with either McCambridges or Noreast, that's outrageous over charging! Like I said, €5.70 is the normal price in most offies

I agree with these points. Brewdog are expensive and some businesses do over charge. Why can the same not be uttered about GBB bars? Without the response, no one is forcing you to go there. I enjoy going to GBB bars because they are nice pubs, great staff in the one I frequent and best selection of beers. I don't really see direct alternatives. I often do think, this beer hobby of mine is getting expensive and often wonder, am I being ripped off a little? But I don't know the answer to that. Lately I tend to pop into JW Sweetmans a bit more often for a more affordable Irish craft beer.

I think I pay the extra in gbb because I love the pub/selection and especially the "oohh what's new on tap today" which I won't get as much in Sweetmans... . Not sure it equates to be ripped off though... Maybe using their unique selling point to charge a premium? Business I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ive had a taste from the conditioning tank. It leaves a salty coating on your mouth that doesnt hit for a bit after swallowing. That might change with time & carbonation though. Ive never had a peanut butter stout so am intrigued by it.

Ratebeer scoring is a science. Great interview with the guys behind it & how they process the data & scores in the link below if yer interested in that kinda thing. http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/1053

I judged a peanut butter and raspberry stout during the NHC competition earlier this year. It smelled like a peanut better and jelly sandwich and tasted like a Reese's peanut butter cup.

Interesting but I'm not sure how much I could drink of it. As a one off batch it will be fun though.

Saruman wrote: »
    I judged a peanut butter and raspberry stout during the NHC competition earlier this year. It smelled like a peanut better and jelly sandwich and tasted like a Reese's peanut butter cup.

Interesting but I'm not sure how much I could drink of it. As a one off batch it will be fun though.

I think those types of beers are to the beer world what dessert wines are to the wine world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I think those types of beers are to the beer world what dessert wines are to the wine world.

You haven't drunk enough dessert wine.
    Hugely unfair to compare something as complex and wonderful as a good Tokaji, an Eiswein or a Black Muscat to gimmicky marshmallow or peanut butter beer.
    I don't have a sweet tooth but the occasional drop of very good dessert wine is a thing to behold. They can age extremely well too.

Advertisement