Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Probably business and a language , definitely nothing to do with biology and history anyways but i wanna do 1 of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Popescu

ConorD21 wrote: »
    Probably business and a language , definitely nothing to do with biology and history anyways but i wanna do 1 of them
    If you are equally interested in biology and history, then history would most likely best suit you for a business career since much of history deals with economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Popescu wrote: »
    If you are equally interested in biology and history, then history would most likely best suit you for a business career since much of history deals with economics.

Erm...no it doesn't! At least, the subject doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Popescu

Erm...no it doesn't! At least, the subject doesn't.
    Indeed it does, when taught and understood properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

ConorD21 wrote: »

Just make sure you know if you don't take any science subject you are possibly cutting off uni options in the long run. Even if your not into science per se, there are a whole load of broadly related degrees that require a pass in a science subject at LC. As an example my brother recently went back to college in his 20's to do a sport related degree in the UK, after finishing a business course here and working for a few years. Despite his age, other college qualifications etc, if he didn't have a C3 in LC Biology he wouldn't of been eligible to apply for a place. I also know numerous peeps who are taking chemistry as adults so they can apply for medicine/vet. You definitely don't have to do subjects you don't like but I think its good advise for everyone to do one science at LC, (biology is probably the least offensive if your not especially keen on maths/science subjects), honestly you never know when you might need to call on it. History is a prerequisite for no CAO course, having one of the three science subjects is a prerequisite for lots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement