Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holy Grail has been found

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

The Nazis are gonna be pi55ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

If the daily mail say so, it must be true. Praise Jebus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Well holy God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

arse it has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Jesus never existed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Was it next to my girlfriends g spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Prepare the Holy Hand Grenade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,556 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

'...touched the lips of Jesus'. Read the article ffs!
    mike65 wrote: »
    Prepare the Holy Hand Grenade!

Fetch the book of armaments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Festy wrote: »
    Jesus never existed

Sure he did, them Romans were pretty good at keeping records.

Son of God, coming back from the dead etc., that's open to interpretation, but the son of a carpenter, born in Bethlehem and crucified, that's. Pretty certain.

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    '...touched the lips of Jesus'. Read the article!

Make me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

You're obviously no relation of a Lickapussi Rex.

And what, may we ask, were you before you morphed into a Gowlasaurus?

A Reregasaurus by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Did they find it in Harrison Ford's house?

I'm pretty sure I saw a documentary that he'd bought it off some auld lad once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Err that's a bit elaborate for a carpenter to have had.

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    You're obviously no relation of a Lickapussi Rex.

And what, may we ask, were you before you morphed into a Gowlasaurus?

A Reregasaurus by any chance?
    Oh wily, on the ball my son. But who am I?

That Rex went extinct many moons before me. I did not feast on her lady gardens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Oh wily, on the ball my son. But who am I?

I think I know!

mauzo! wrote: »
    I think I know!

OK. G'wan then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's a stone goblet inside all the gaudy gold, that was the original then they plastered it with gold because Jesus wasn't pimpin enough for his followers.

There seems to be a lot of Jesus stuff popping up recently, even the shroud has had new legitimacy bestowed upon it.

It's just impossible to confirm any of it. I don't even think the church has given us a true account of the man's life, they elevated him to god and then reaped the rewards of his fairly good ideas for the next two millennia.

mauzo! wrote: »
    I think I know!

I'm happy out here for now. Leave me frolic

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's a stone goblet inside all the gaudy gold, that was the original then they plastered it with gold because Jesus wasn't pimpin enough for his followers.

There seems to be a lot of Jesus stuff popping up recently, even the shroud has had new legitimacy bestowed upon it.

It's just impossible to confirm any of it. I don't even think the church has given us a true account of the man's life, they elevated him to god and then reaped the rewards of his fairly good ideas for the next two millennia.

You are no better than the non-believers who think that Jesus never existed the Daily Mail makes it up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

We need Jebus to come back and confirm it.
    Bet he won't though, due to the barraige of questions he will surely face from the media regarding Mary Magdalene. Can't blame him really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Son of God, coming back from the dead etc., that's open to interpretation, but the son of a carpenter, born in Bethlehem and crucified, that's. Pretty certain.
    As far as I know, there are no contemporary Roman records recording the birth or death of Jesus. The earliest reference comes from Josephus, however that text is considered to be a partial forgery from the forth century (though nobody knows which part are forgeries). Also I've heard that the Bethlehem part was a rather late addition, being completely absent from Mark, which was the earliest gospel.

Not that it matters much, but I think certain is a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Better wash it before you drink from it. Can't imagine a thing that old would be clean, plus Jesus' germs are probably all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Thought jaysus drank from the furry cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Must be what's keeping Harrison Ford awake and alive for Star Wars Episode VII.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    The onyx goblet from which Jesus drank has been found. Hidden inside a jewel-decked chalice, historians say it is the real thing. It has been dated between 200BC and 100AD and has been in a Basilica in Leon, Northern Spain for over 1000 years. Belong to an 11th century Queen, the beautiful chalice entombed the Holy Grail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2593336/Jewel-encrusted-goblet-gathering-dust-tiny-Spanish-museum-touched-lips-Jesus-fact-HOLY-GRAIL-say-two-historians-book-prove-it.html

This

Knasher wrote: »
    As far as I know, there are no contemporary Roman records recording the birth or death of Jesus.
    I don't think there's any public record of the big J man but there are people around the same time with the same name. A few of them I think.

Even though the Romans go down on record as being great book keepers I don't know that we actually have anything more than a few examples of their record keeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I told zem we already got one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It had supposedly been in the cathedral in Valencia, somewhere I'll be on Friday. Why couldn't the ****ers make this discovery next week instead?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I thought the Templar Knights were the last ones who knew were it was. When the Pope ordered them murdered, it wasn't retrieved, thus its wereabouts going to the grave with them (if it existed).
    How do they link in with that queen or church? Bet its all bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭RahenyD5

Isn't the Holy Grail hidden somewhere under the Louvre in Paris?

RahenyD5 wrote: »
    Isn't the Holy Grail hidden somewhere under the Louvre in Paris?
    I'd say the holy grail went back on the shelf of the restaurant Jesus and the lads had their famous supper at. Then decades later someone picked up a cup and sold it to a foolish Christian on pilgrimage saying it was the holy grail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The Nazis are gonna be pi55ed.

Saw this recently, the Nazis always come back for their treasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Thats not the cup of a carpenter anyway :o

• Advertisement

Has anyone read/listened to the audibook of Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth? Whether it is real or not, the Jesus in that is bad ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

He had sky tv and an iphone too. It's a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 old deere

wouldn't have anything to do with tomorrow being the 1st of April ?:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

old deere wrote: »

Damn. I'd forgotten. No doubt, it'll be hilarious. Oh, the japes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Knasher wrote: »
    As far as I know, there are no contemporary Roman records recording the birth or death of Jesus. The earliest reference comes from Josephus, however that text is considered to be a partial forgery from the forth century (though nobody knows which part are forgeries). Also I've heard that the Bethlehem part was a rather late addition, being completely absent from Mark, which was the earliest gospel.

Not that it matters much, but I think certain is a bit of a stretch.

Most scholars accept there is some interpolation in Josephus, - he was the Messiah - but most think the rest of the paragraph is true. The Bethlehem thing is made up, its there because the Messiah had to be born in Bethlehem. Even Christopher Hitchens realised that this lie hid the larger truth. If Jesus never existed he could have been born and raised in Bethlehem. If he did exist you could lie about a census which took him to Bethlehem, as a kid, not not about where he mostly lived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

And above this story was: "how stains can boost your love life".
    Maybe if they're all over her face BOOM!!! Ha haha ha....

old deere wrote: »

wouldnt running the story tommorow make more sense if it were an April fool joke tho...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Nope no roman records, the closest record is from josephus who wrote it 70 years after Jesus died or didnt.
    Funny that the catholic church probably burnt more information on this guy but well thats why we have no records. Great bunch of lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

The story of his birth is a total fabrication. Who knows what else is, regarding his life?

Here is a really good video discussing the birth story.

The Unreliable Birth Story of Jesus: http://youtu.be/oli0DTmPmGU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

The story of his birth is a total fabrication. Who knows what else is, regarding his life?

Probably the resurrection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

There is supposedly only one reference to a Jesus and he was crucified without ceremony. For the most part in Jerusalem at the time period, crusifiction was merely being tied to a tree and guarded until mid afternoon.

Some died in that time, many were cut down by their friends and revived. Those that died would have been thrown on the municipal dump to rot and eaten by carrion.

The Bible and the later Quran stories are based on several different people who lived spanning some 300 years and collected into one character, that one character did not exist.

The character in question is from the Jewish Torah which foretells of devine being and describes him in great detail and ascribes what we call miracles to him.

The prize of becoming the King Of The Jews was very attractive, and many, many suitors vied for the position, many had great magic and there was often street magic battles and the crowd would follow the one who won.

Great multitudes would be following various individuals from time to time, none succeed in being accepted by the Jews as the genuine article. Later the idea of Christ the God On Earth was coined as a political weapon against the Great Roman Empire and was ultimately instrumental in its downfall.

The concept has been rebranded a few times every few hundred years as the followers offer fabulous riches and recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Ye olde Dynamo v Keith Barry type magic shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

If i drink from it do i become jesus ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Morning Saviour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Did anyone tell the Monty Python gang?

• Advertisement
Advertisement