Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wedding Gift

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Andiewoo

Tkmaxx have them for 37€ and aldi for 39€ nice ones too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Amazon is a good place to look...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 cathyledger

a set of hand made glasses from my brother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

kkcatlou wrote: »
    I've done the wedding cake for a lot of my family and friends, so with that I usually give a gift too, like a framed print of the city they live in or something. Am doing the cake for a wedding this weekend, so struggling to think of something original to go with it...

I know this is an old post but a great thing to go with a wedding cake if you making it as a gift is you sketch of the cake. Now this all depends on the sketch you did but I do mine up in Photoshop and a lot of couples have asked for the sketch printed and framed after the wedding so they can hang them up as they think there nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anrinn185

I got a gorgeous photo of the beach in Dingle where my husband proposed to me. It is a black and white by Giles Norman. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

I heard a kind of cool one a friend got,, it was the full VIP treatment in Dublin Airport,, they used it for the honeymoon,, You drive and park your car right outside the front door of the VIP building,, you have Champagne and strawberrys and they check in your bags for you, while you get massages and you have your own private security,, (no Qs) and drop you to the plane in a Limo, you board before anyone else gets on.. something I guess normal people wouldnt spend money on (unless your rich of course).. but as a once off was great they said.. same treatment for the way back.. Limo waiting to take you off the plane.. Costs 300 euro for a return trip for two,, so bit pricey I guess but memorable all the same..

http://www.perigordsolutions.com/epub/daa/17071-VIP-Brochure-V17-new/#/14/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

That's a lovely idea! Some couples might give that amount of money as a gift. I think this is far nicer.

Keeping to the theme of the thread. The nicest gift I got was a hand-made album from one of my husband's friends. She's a keen photographer so what she did was to take some unusual pictures of the wedding, put them together in an album, and customised it.

It's gorgeous, and so very thoughtful of her. I treasure it as it's unique and she took so much time and trouble over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hi

My best friend is getting married in a fortnight and I'd like to get them something very special for them. The budget is about €150. I'd like to stir away from the cash/restaurant voucher genre of gifts.

I'd love to get something personalised but obviously very classy.

The best wedding present we got was the Dublin airport VIP service but unfortunately that's beyond our means! I was thinking of a Waterford crystal carafe which I could get engraved but it just seems so old! :confused::confused:

What were the best wedding presents you received?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I think there is a thread already with loads of good ideas. Should come up on the search function.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

My vote would be something thats actually usable is best.

Fancy glass knick nacks can be sometimes a burden to find places to display if they are not collectors- lot time ends up staying in box.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Thanks - I did a search but all I could see was advice on how much cash to give for a wedding present - I'll do a further search and see what comes up!

I thought of a few ideas - http://www.cathkidston.com/waterfront-large-filled-picnic-bag//cath-kidston/fcp-product/1011929 - a Cath Kidston picnic basket and blanket. Or maybe some le creuset?? We got some fabulous kitchen stuff that I love but just would never have bought - I'm going to suss out a coffee machine or even a BBQ too as they love bbqs but I don't know the state of their current one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

highly1111 wrote: »
    Thanks - I did a search but all I could see was advice on how much cash to give for a wedding present - I'll do a further search and see what comes up!

I thought of a few ideas - http://www.cathkidston.com/waterfront-large-filled-picnic-bag//cath-kidston/fcp-product/1011929 - a Cath Kidston picnic basket and blanket. Or maybe some le creuset?? We got some fabulous kitchen stuff that I love but just would never have bought - I'm going to suss out a coffee machine or even a BBQ too as they love bbqs but I don't know the state of their current one!

It's on the third page of this sub forum at the moment and has the same name as this thread.

You know your friend and I don't obviously but I personally wouldn't like the picnic basket as I would never use it. Le Crueset would be good if they like cooking.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Threads merged.

Advertisement