Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's eviction,and then,there's EVICTION.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh who said that repossessions would not benefit investors and people already with property ?
    Of course it will really benefit those who have money to invest.
    But it should help drive down prices and hence help first time buyers.
    That is the point.

Any more stories from this lad ?
    Did he also tell you of any place with the written price lower than actual price and where you pay in cash so that some of the money can't be traced ?

BTW did you ever consider that some FTBs might actually be cash buyers ?

And it does kinda matter whether houses were section 23, because as shure as hell some of them were not really needed, could never find anyone to rent and were only ever attractive to buyers because of the attached tax writeoff.

From my experience most of the later section 23s were a folly just designed for tax writeoffs and to up the local councils planning contributions.

No we did not talk about such story's like Section 23 they are of no interest to me. All my money is legit and above board. All money in livestock is fully traceable as I finish cattte all are sold into the factory so all payments to me are by cheque and go straigh into the bank.

Some Section 23 in the Border and Midlands was badly located. Along the west coast some is discounted to 40% or less of orginal price( this is below actual build price). Will look at figures and might give you a tip or two.

The issue with falling prices is that bigger deposits are required as bank wants to guard against repossession and are reluctant to lend. If they fall it will only be tempory as we are hearing more and more it is a supply issue in Dublin that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

No we did not talk about such story's like Section 23 they are of no interest to me. All my money is legit and above board. All money in livestock is fully traceable as I finish cattte all are sold into the factory so all payments to me are by cheque and go straigh into the bank.

It is not for your benefit, as was done in Bulgaria and Spain to avoid VAT, etc.

This scam is for the seller who can then siphon away cash that may be owed to bank or someone else e.g spouse.
    Some Section 23 in the Border and Midlands was badly located. Along the west coast some is discounted to 40% or less of orginal price( this is below actual build price). Will look at figures and might give you a tip or two.

It depends where you think the midlands end I guess.

Please don't believe the blurb about holiday homes in the west.
    The place is full of them and unless you are in real touristy area it will be a waste unless you want to use it yourself.
    Even if in touristy area the season is damm short.
    As someone involved in farming surely to God you know how much it bloody rains here.
    The issue with falling prices is that bigger deposits are required as bank wants to guard against repossession and are reluctant to lend.

It is all relative.
    With decreasing prices banks may need bigger deposit, but on the other side the lower the amount needed to be borrowed.
    And this is where the real savings are in the long run.
    If they fall it will only be tempory as we are hearing more and more it is a supply issue in Dublin that is the problem.

Yeah the country is grand and the drop in prices was only a temporary blip.
    2006 prices will resume shortly. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

jmayo wrote: »
    It is not for your benefit, as was done in Bulgaria and Spain to avoid VAT, etc.

This scam is for the seller who can then siphon away cash that may be owed to bank or someone else e.g spouse.

It depends where you think the midlands end I guess.

Please don't believe the blurb about holiday homes in the west.
    The place is full of them and unless you are in real touristy area it will be a waste unless you want to use it yourself.
    Even if in touristy area the season is damm short.
    As someone involved in farming surely to God you know how much it bloody rains here.

It is all relative.
    With decreasing prices banks may need bigger deposit, but on the other side the lower the amount needed to be borrowed.
    And this is where the real savings are in the long run.

Yeah the country is grand and the drop in prices was only a temporary blip.
    2006 prices will resume shortly. :rolleyes:

I will take all your advice on board:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,639 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I'm sure others are aware of this, but an old friend from the property boom years is making a come back.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/property-homes/superterm-mortgages-of-35-years-push-up-house-prices-30310233.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

RichardAnd wrote: »
    I'm sure others are aware of this, but an old friend from the property boom years is making a come back.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/property-homes/superterm-mortgages-of-35-years-push-up-house-prices-30310233.html

Ah feck it.

You had me all excited that dan mclaughlin was about to be unleashed on the airwaves.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
Advertisement