Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's eviction,and then,there's EVICTION.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 BarryBrack1

touts wrote: »
    Well perhaps we are all wrong but she came across terribly on the radio yesterday. For example when Marian pointed out that people live very well in cheaper areas she dismissed that as an ignorant suggestion. She may not be a spoint entitled brat but that is how she sounds to a lot of people.

My experience is I have to commute 75min each way to work. I cant afford to live closer. I have a nice house in a nice area just not close to work or not close to my parents. Therefore like you I probably am biased but in my case it is because I'm doing exactly what she says is impossible. I'm biased also because my brother, his wife and their kids recently moved to Australia and it has broken the hearts of our parents who wish their son and grandkids were in the same country nevermind the same post code. And it irritates me because all I hear on the radio is people constantly saying I as a taxpayer need to do more to help them. And now I hear a woman earning €10k a year more than I do basically saying I need to do more to help her. Well sorry but she needs to review her expectations in life just as we all have had to do in depression hit Ireland.

I wish her the best but really she needs to stop going on the radio complaining about how hard she has it to people who have it far far harder.

How exactly did she ask u to help her? She's was saying rental sector should be better regulated. U might disagree with her on that. But u cant claim shes asking u 4 any money in that suggestion. U commute 75 mins 2 work. Are u a single working parent dependent on ur family 2 mind ur child so u can work and not be burden on state?

Maybe she came across badly. I dont think so at all. But ur entitled 2 u opinion. That doesnt mean her opinion isnt valid. Her opinion is that rents are getting out of control all of a sudden 4 single people renting in dub.

Its complete nonsense saying shes looking 2 b housed anywhere. She's a higher middle income earner. Shes just saying that even at that, she's bring priced out of market as single person.

And I really dont think she went on the show 2 talk all about her. She spent a good portion of show talking about the issue in general. The whole point is shes not the only one.

As I said on other thread, a colleague in work showed me the threads after her Sindo article and I've bin following since. Cannot understand at all all the awful things said just for drawing attention 2 problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Frankly my dear I think you like a lot of others think that massive repsooions will allow cheap housing to become available to those on lower incomes. IMO it will not. If Nama and the banks decided to dump what what houses it own's and reposses the sudden fall in houses prices woulf favour landlords and those that have access to ready cash whether through having the money ready or else being able to get a loan fast.

It would not help the OP. The reality is that about 80% of houses sold at auction are bought by investors. I have gone for a look and few first time buyers were purchassers were buyers. The percentage would increase in the case of a contrived fall in prices that would be shortterm as these investors would see that a big return would be possible over the short to medium term. There inability to access loans or money would not change. The other thing a contrived crash in prices would not solve the issue longterm.

This issue with rents inflating in Dublin is mostly to do with supply and only a increase in supply will control house/rent prices.

Utter rubbish. Investors make up most of the market because the number of transactions are too low. If the number of houses for sale increase,as they should, by about 1000% then prices will fall to a market level.

As for SCD this woman is on 60k. In a functional market that should buy a house in SCD. I mean what income do you think people should have to buy there. Some parts are for the rich,but not all. The idea that half the city has housing available to those on (what? ) 120k plus is nonsense. There just aren't enough people were the market allowed to reach its market level.

And "contrived". The present market manipulation is contrived. Repossessions - which happen everywhere else - wouldn't be.

I wish her the best but really she needs to stop going on the radio complaining about how hard she has it to people who have it far far harder.[/quote]

Jeez man ... Was just listening to interview again. She went on and on about how lucky she is compared to most people. Shes a journalist for crying out loud. She talks bout issues. This is prob her fav issue at moment cos its personally effecting her.

By ur reckoning above, shud people in negative equity not complain because people are dying on Syria? There's always someone worse off. She was talking - in quite a funny light way - about a serious prob.

Im 29 and never see myself been able 2 buy house my rent is so high. Im not saying my life is totally unbearable cos of it... but it is an issue 4 young people. Jeez almighty... she wasn't looking 4 the prize for the most unfortunate soul in the country. She was just talking bout an issue.

Anyways... I'm getting obsessed with this whole thing so need to stand back. Just standing up to what I see is basically a trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Utter rubbish. Investors make up most of the market because the number of transactions are too low. If the number of houses for sale increase,as they should, by about 1000% then prices will fall to a market level.

As for SCD this woman is on 60k. In a functional market that should buy a house in SCD. I mean what income do you think people should have to buy there. Some parts are for the rich,but not all. The idea that half the city has housing available to those on (what? ) 120k plus is nonsense. There just aren't enough people were the market allowed to reach its market level.

And "contrived". The present market manipulation is contrived. Repossessions - which happen everywhere else - wouldn't be.

There are two issue's here first is supply is not meeting demand in housing, this comes as an utter surprise to people who for the last year taught that houses were going to fall further. Is there 200K non paying mortgage holders in Dublin not making repayments, I am not sure what fraction of non preforming mortgages are in Dublin but turfing them all out over 6 months to one year would only create a short price correction.

This is an area that a professional investor loves to get involved in buy a house after a sharp fall in prices when he knows that 18 months -3 years he can resell for 30%+ more and rent in the meantime. Would a 30% more fall in prices help the OP no as she cannot get a mortgage. The supply side has to be sorted first.

The second is rental prices if you consider Dublin what about London. At present renters are paying 150 pounds sterling per week for one room bedsits and these are not even in the center of London. However even supply will not change rental charges in some area's. The reality is Dublin is a sprawling city with large area's not build on or poorly utalised, to get the price of houses down we need more build not a contrive price drop that will not sort the supply situtation.

Do we need professional rental company's yes we do, will it by its self reduce rents no, will it help I am not even sure because the will require a 4-8% return on there investment on rent alone to justify it. They will also want to be sure of a capital rise in the value of the property. They will have huge overheads that small time landlords have not such as maintenance and upkeep of property by own labour. They also are more than likely able to source furniture and appliances cheaper that a rental company.

We also need a change in thinking about long term rental where the renter furnishes and maintenances the property for the duration of the rental period.

I came across this story last week about regulation

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/draconian-rules-proving-thorn-in-side-for-farmers-30142229.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

There is a broader point here. This lady goes out to work and so has some childcare issues as people who work do, hence the desire to avail of her mother's assistance. Although pretty well paid the market isn't working for her. Plenty of people do not work and avail for government provided accommodation, contributing little towards it. This woman might avail of government provided/regulated accommodation, but would pay for it.

The rental market in Ireland is made up of amateur landlords, there needs to be more corporate landlords with an interest in long term reliable tenants.

I believe this amateur vs professional issue is the key to solving the conundrum we have made of Private Rented Accomodation in Ireland.

For far too long now,in Ireland,the term Landlord has been synonymous with Tax Avoidance and chicanery in general with the entire PRA sector as a result being regarded as "Dodgy".

Shake it up...organize a cull of the Landlord class,and establish a frame work within which Landlordism can be seen as a viable corporate enterprise.

Continuing as we are,with Retired Gardai,Teachers,Taxidrivers and Publicans being seen as spokespersons for the sector,will only lead to disaster (again !).

The odd thing is that,as yet,the Government appears to have no stomach for any revision of the laws relating to accomodation to allow for real change in the sector,it mirrors the Taxi Regulation issue with plenty of stickers,signs and assorted paraphernalia,but little in the way of substantial infrastructural & cultural change.

This is on the broad canvas....the specific case of Caoimhe and her requirements raise associated issues,not all of which can be regarded as relevant.

For example,We know little of the Maintenance situation or any other terms of her seperation,and in truth,we should not have any need to,because she should not be attempting to link her personal family circumstances with the broader issue.

A high-profile "colour" piece in the Irish Independent AND a follow up interview on Marian Finucane does appear to be somewhat fortuitous and not at all the norm.???

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I believe this amateur vs professional issue is the key to solving the conundrum we have made of Private Rented Accomodation in Ireland.

For far too long now,in Ireland,the term Landlord has been synonymous with Tax Avoidance and chicanery in general with the entire PRA sector as a result being regarded as "Dodgy".

Shake it up...organize a cull of the Landlord class,and establish a frame work within which Landlordism can be seen as a viable corporate enterprise.

Continuing as we are,with Retired Gardai,Teachers,Taxidrivers and Publicans being seen as spokespersons for the sector,will only lead to disaster (again !).

The odd thing is that,as yet,the Government appears to have no stomach for any revision of the laws relating to accomodation to allow for real change in the sector,it mirrors the Taxi Regulation issue with plenty of stickers,signs and assorted paraphernalia,but little in the way of substantial infrastructural & cultural change.

This is on the broad canvas....the specific case of Caoimhe and her requirements raise associated issues,not all of which can be regarded as relevant.

For example,We know little of the Maintenance situation or any other terms of her seperation,and in truth,we should not have any need to,because she should not be attempting to link her personal family circumstances with the broader issue.

A high-profile "colour" piece in the Irish Independent AND a follow up interview on Marian Finucane does appear to be somewhat fortuitous and not at all the norm.???

Not norm? Whaddya mean? When rte's journos get evicted do they get paper article then interview? Theres no set procedure I dont think. Tho I'm not in newsroom itself. I'm being sarcastic there.

The usual procedure is - I'd imagine - that researchers scour papers 4 interesting stories. Then they ask them on. Marian has mix of all sorts of people. Her article was interesting and funny. She's a writer 2,... writes in times. This article just got so much attention cos of illjudged pic she had with her lady parts out. That was silly of her.

Anyway... she didn't get interview to talk bout her... It was bout issue in general using her own case as hook. I thought she spoke really really well and she knew her stuff re legislation. She wasn't just ranting on bout herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

AlekSmart wrote: »

Nice in theory, but in practice, a lot of the sector is made up of folks like me. I'm waiting until the point my repayment mortgage balance is less than the value of the property I own. In the meantime, I charge a fair rent, don't screw around with my tenant, and ensure any issues are dealt with promptly. And I make up the shortfall between the rent received and the mortgage payment every month and pay my mortgage on time and fully declare everything for income tax.

Those of us who are accidental landlords are not all screwing our tenants, or the banks, or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Not norm? Whaddya mean? When rte's journos get evicted do they get paper article then interview? Theres no set procedure I dont think. Tho I'm not in newsroom itself. I'm being sarcastic there.

The usual procedure is - I'd imagine - that researchers scour papers 4 interesting stories. Then they ask them on. Marian has mix of all sorts of people. Her article was interesting and funny. She's a writer 2,... writes in times. This article just got so much attention cos of illjudged pic she had with her lady parts out. That was silly of her.

Anyway... she didn't get interview to talk bout her... It was bout issue in general using her own case as hook. I thought she spoke really really well and she knew her stuff re legislation. She wasn't just ranting on bout herself

And perhaps now this thread could follow her example, and discuss the issues rather than individuals. That includes you, since at this stage you're probably doing most to keep her directly in the discussion.

On another note, please drop the text-speak. The words are "you", "for", "to", etc.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

beauf wrote: »
    You can in Ireland. Just not in D4. And not when you've a 300k mortgage somewhere else aswell.

Has anyone got a citation for that or is the source the poster who posted it on boards earlier?

There are two issue's here first is supply is not meeting demand in housing, this comes as an utter surprise to people who for the last year taught that houses were going to fall further. Is there 200K non paying mortgage holders in Dublin not making repayments, I am not sure what fraction of non preforming mortgages are in Dublin but turfing them all out over 6 months to one year would only create a short price correction.

This is an area that a professional investor loves to get involved in buy a house after a sharp fall in prices when he knows that 18 months -3 years he can resell for 30%+ more and rent in the meantime. Would a 30% more fall in prices help the OP no as she cannot get a mortgage. The supply side has to be sorted first.

The second is rental prices if you consider Dublin what about London. At present renters are paying 150 pounds sterling per week for one room bedsits and these are not even in the center of London. However even supply will not change rental charges in some area's. The reality is Dublin is a sprawling city with large area's not build on or poorly utalised, to get the price of houses down we need more build not a contrive price drop that will not sort the supply situtation.

Do we need professional rental company's yes we do, will it by its self reduce rents no, will it help I am not even sure because the will require a 4-8% return on there investment on rent alone to justify it. They will also want to be sure of a capital rise in the value of the property. They will have huge overheads that small time landlords have not such as maintenance and upkeep of property by own labour. They also are more than likely able to source furniture and appliances cheaper that a rental company.

We also need a change in thinking about long term rental where the renter furnishes and maintenances the property for the duration of the rental period.

I came across this story last week about regulation

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/draconian-rules-proving-thorn-in-side-for-farmers-30142229.html

Why do property bulls continually insist on comparing the 4th smallest capital city in western Europe with the largest?

• Advertisement

gaius c wrote: »
    Why do property bulls continually insist on comparing the 4th smallest capital city in western Europe with the largest?

First of all I am not a property bull, I have no vested interest as I only own opne house, the one I live in. You highlighted twenty words in a considered reply. As I stated this was not even in Central Londan. In any city in this country you will find it hard to rent a 2-3 bedroom house that is build in the last 10-15 years for less than 800/month.

The property I hightlighted in London was a one room bedsit. Have you ever lived or know what one is. It is not anywhere equivlent to a two bed apartment. However those that consider that regulation will reduce prices should consider the fact of the history of regulation in Ireland.

Scofflaw wrote: »
    And perhaps now this thread could follow her example, and discuss the issues rather than individuals. That includes you, since at this stage you're probably doing most to keep her directly in the discussion.

On another note, please drop the text-speak. The words are "you", "for", "to", etc.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Thats pretty funny.... As a moderator ud allow pages and pages of someone being slagged, misquoted and having their body commented on. As then the moderator appears when someone joins to stand up 4 that person! To give out 2 him about his txtspk! Laters! This thing is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Thats pretty funny.... As a moderator ud allow pages and pages of someone being slagged, misquoted and having their body commented on. As then the moderator appears when someone joins to stand up 4 that person! To give out 2 him about his txtspk! Laters! This thing is a joke!
    If you are talking about the After Hours thread Scofflaw isn't a moderator there and that was taken down by the After Hours Mods.

The only discussion here is on the rental market, on treating the cause or the affect,
    disagreeing on how to handle it and differing opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

First of all I am not a property bull, I have no vested interest as I only own opne house, the one I live in. You highlighted twenty words in a considered reply. As I stated this was not even in Central Londan. In any city in this country you will find it hard to rent a 2-3 bedroom house that is build in the last 10-15 years for less than 800/month.

The property I hightlighted in London was a one room bedsit. Have you ever lived or know what one is. It is not anywhere equivlent to a two bed apartment. However those that consider that regulation will reduce prices should consider the fact of the history of regulation in Ireland.

I really hate to do this but...I have had personal cause to have a look at the rental market in central Brussels in the last few days.

Apartments which would cost ca 2400E a month - 2 bed city centre apartments - in Dublin - can be had for around 1000E in Brussels. Many of them are also bigger in floor space than three bedroomed houses in Dublin are.

There are a lot of advantages to living in Brussels over living in Dublin. In comparison to Brussels, Dublin is outrageously expensive and poor value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The problem with using a personal story as a hook is that its has to gain empathy for the reader. But that's going to be impossible if people reading the piece from feel they are in a more difficult position than the author. As such the issues of the housing (its not just about the rental market) were completely overshadowed.

TBH a piece done on the costs of living in Ireland, as a % of total income compared with living in another country, would be more useful.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Ireland&city1=Dublin&country2=United+Kingdom&city2=Manchester

Calina wrote: »
    I really hate to do this but...I have had personal cause to have a look at the rental market in central Brussels in the last few days.

Apartments which would cost ca 2400E a month - 2 bed city centre apartments - in Dublin - can be had for around 1000E in Brussels. Many of them are also bigger in floor space than three bedroomed houses in Dublin are.

There are a lot of advantages to living in Brussels over living in Dublin. In comparison to Brussels, Dublin is outrageously expensive and poor value.
    The amount of living space in apartments and houses particularly in Dublin is a major issue I really think there should be a minimum amount of living space per bedroom for new builds.

The amount of living space in apartments and houses particularly in Dublin is a major issue I really think there should be a minimum amount of living space per bedroom for new builds.

The demand is mainly for houses, not apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I believe there is, now. It's still not great, but it exists. It also hasn't helped that many apartments were built before a decent legislative framework for management companies was implemente.d

Yeah and theres 7 pages ofstuff... Loads of it bout her and misquoting her saying she was lookin on the radio to be kept in a house by the gov in Terenure. Which is totally not what was said at all. A person who knows a person has every right 2 stand up when theyve seen something unfair. Ive bout 7 posts. Theres 7 pages here saying shes a whiner. I notice u didn't give out 2 any of the ppl who were complaining bout her and kept bringing arguement back 2 her. It was me u picked on. Wit some stupid smart ass comment bout my writing.

Ur right... This shud be about market. Only reason I chimed in was 2 stand up for the girl cos ur all misquoting her completely. Im not a woman so can say 4 definite, but maybe thsts even worse than having her body commented on

• Advertisement

I think the same point stands though particularly in Dublin where land is at a premium.
    Calina wrote: »
    I believe there is, now. It's still not great, but it exists. It also hasn't helped that many apartments were built before a decent legislative framework for management companies was implemente.d
    Well that's progress at least next step has to be an independent certification authority that's my other bug bear.

If apartments were cheaper, the twenty-something generation might live in them instead of housesharing and taking up homes that could be used by families.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

As some othes have pointed out, and indeed is visible in some threads over on Accommodation Forum and elsewhere, there is a two tier view of property and family accommodation in this country.
    It just depends on what your relationship to your property is whether you should just be told fook off or get all the assistance under the sun to be allowed stay where you are.

If someone is renting, even with links to the community through children, family or club membership, etc and can't afford their rent then it is tough sh**, they should just suck it up and move to a cheaper area.
    Why are they complaining about the cost of a home.
    After all landlords have to make a living and pay off their loans.

Then we hear of somebody, almost everyday at this stage, who is massively in debt and can't afford to pay their mortgage.
    It is never really made clear how much non mortgage debt they have, but sometimes the veil slips when they talk about the cutbacks they made in their lifestyle as if that is enough of a sacrifice.

If anyone dares say that this last group should leave their home since they aren't paying for it, there is an outcry about them being turfed out onto the road ala in the nineteen century.
    Then of course they always have to be housed by the state, even if they actually are working
    So they become a cost to the state and the taxpayer.
    As if they aren't a fooking cost to the taxpayer at the moment.

I guess some are more deserving and equal then others in this state.
    This is the first time I have found in our national media and our national station a renters persepctive on the increased cost of housing and what happens when you can no longer afford it.

How many people in debt have we been treated to telling their tales of woe and demanding that they get help ?

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    As some othes have pointed out, and indeed is visible in some threads over on Accommodation Forum and elsewhere, there is a two tier view of property and family accommodation in this country.
    It just depends on what your relationship to your property is whether you should just be told fook off or get all the assistance under the sun to be allowed stay where you are.

If someone is renting, even with links to the community through children, family or club membership, etc and can't afford their rent then it is tough sh**, they should just suck it up and move to a cheaper area.
    Why are they complaining about the cost of a home.
    After all landlords have to make a living and pay off their loans.

Then we hear of somebody, almost everyday at this stage, who is massively in debt and can't afford to pay their mortgage.
    It is never really made clear how much non mortgage debt they have, but sometimes the veil slips when they talk about the cutbacks they made in their lifestyle as if that is enough of a sacrifice.

If anyone dares say that this last group should leave their home since they aren't paying for it, there is an outcry about them being turfed out onto the road ala in the nineteen century.
    Then of course they always have to be housed by the state, even if they actually are working
    So they become a cost to the state and the taxpayer.
    As if they aren't a fooking cost to the taxpayer at the moment.

I guess some are more deserving and equal then others in this state.
    This is the first time I have found in our national media and our national station a renters persepctive on the increased cost of housing and what happens when you can no longer afford it.

How many people in debt have we been treated to telling their tales of woe and demanding that they get help ?

The main issue is supply, turfing a person unable to pay a mortgage will not solve the rental issue. Neither will regulation. The main issue is that we have build no houses in 5 years and now as the economy recovers(it has been recovering in Dublin for the last year) and people move to work in dublin this is causing a shortage in supply. Builders are unable to finance projects and this leads to no building.

Will repossions solve the issue I do not think so it will require a large number of houses being build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭touts

It makes no sense for Landlords to increase the rent to a level that will leave the unit unaffordable. €1500 a month in the pocket is better than a nominal €2000 that never materialised. If they increase it too far and no one takes the flat then within a matter of weeks they will drop it down again.

Now is that fair on the person in the flat. No but if the landlord has lived up to their contract for a year or two depending on how long the tenant was willing to sign up for and at the end of that wishes to increase the rent then really the tenant has no great moral claim over the house. If they wanted a longer term agreement they should have demanded that.

As I see it another answer is for landlords to start to offer tenancy agreements of much longer duration (years instead of months). That gives the Tenant some security of tenure and gives the landlord security of income. This happens in many other cities such as Paris. Yes the landlord takes a risk that if the house skyrockets in value then they can't sell it but to compensate for that the tenant should be limited in their options for leaving without compensating the landlord. It works elsewhere but it never seems to work here. Why is that? Perhaps both the landlord and the tenant see renting as a short term thing. Every Irish landlord wants to be in a position to cash in on their property if an offer comes along that they can't refuse and every Irish tenant dreams of owning their own bit of land with a house on it. I really don't know what the government can do to change ingrained beliefs like that.

Turning to the government for help when you are evicted is all but pointless. They have neither the resources nor the will to fix micro level cases. So for me I think the best thing the government can do is to manage the higher macro level factors such as spreading development across the country rather than just concentrating on Dublin. They can do this by putting incentives in place to encourage companies to set up outside Dublin. Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford should all be the priority of the IDA and not Dublin. We are a small island and to get from Dublin to these cities takes 2 to 3 hours which would not be unheard of trying to get around London, Paris, Berlin etc from the airports there. But to hear the government talk sometimes you would think we were the size of Canada and Limerick was across thousands of miles of frozen wasteland.

Then they should get out of the way and leave the market determine the best level of rent and best length of tenancy in each region, city, area and street.

I think the same point stands though particularly in Dublin where land is at a premium.....
    gaius c wrote: »
    If apartments were cheaper, the twenty-something generation might live in them instead of house-sharing and taking up homes that could be used by families.

I think you are missing the point. There are loads of apartments. Just no one wants them. Or wants them in the locations they are. Or at the price they are. The price is being kept high by the banks and Nama, so ultimately the govt. Also the house is more cost effective to share than an apartment. Simply because it is bigger.

Also the main demand is houses as apartments here are too small with not enough green space and amenities around them, particularly for people planning a family, or who have one. Going back to small apartments to make them cheaper, would be to repeat a major failing of the boom. Its makes then more expensive to rent, and no good for families. They are vacant all over place but especially out side of Dublin.

touts wrote: »
    It makes no sense for Landlords to increase the rent to a level that will leave the unit unaffordable. €1500 a month in the pocket is better than a nominal €2000 that never materialised. ...

If the LL couldn't get the rent, then they'd drop the price. That they don't suggests there isn't a problem with that. Of course where prices drop, no one wants to rent.

Also the costs of LL are increasing and there no protection from any losses. So a LL has to make as much as they can when its profitable, to cover when there's no rent coming in, or there's significant damage or upgrades required.

Lets deal in reality here.

There are 73 properties in Dub right now on daft with 2 beds for 1,100 or less. 73.

This is a crisis

Lets deal in reality here.

There are 73 properties in Dub right now on daft with 2 beds for 1,100 or less. 73.

This is a crisis
    Actually if you search Dublin city minimum 2 bed 1100 max you get 188

go to 1200 and their are 289

got to 1300 and their are 400

I do think 1100 is very low from my own experience in Dublin. I paid 1200 at one stage for a two bed but given the lack of supply the nicest areas nearest the best schools will always be more expensive.

• Advertisement

Actually if you search Dublin city minimum 2 bed 1100 max you get 188

go to 1200 and their are 289

got to 1300 and their are 400

I do think 1100 is very low from my own experience in Dublin. I paid 1200 at one stage for a two bed but given the lack of supply the nicest areas nearest the best schools will always be more expensive.

I'm doing on desktop ... If u select city centre, south city, North City it's 73.

Either ways.... it seems a very, very low supply.

Advertisement