Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Rumours of a sequel being directed by Lars Von Trier (Melancholia, Antichrist, Dogville etc). Could be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I live in England and they just love the crap here- it is comic genius. I am at a complete loss...but I don't find a lot of English comedies funny so there you go.

A few of my work (aged 55+) work colleagues absolutely love it. I think it's because it someone blatantly swearing every 30 seconds and this feeds the repressed tight upper lip nature of the 55+ ordinary English bloke who just wants to break out in a swearing frenzy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

fryup wrote: »

the chinese ninja wtf!:eek: its like 12 yr old humour dressing up as a chinaman doing the silly accent and slanty eyes, i mean ffs that sort of comedy went out with the ark

i remember seeing that in the cinema and there was chinese people sitting in front of me a few rows down, and i was cringeing

its akin to the black and white minstrel show from years gone by...talk about throwing PC out the window, is O'Carroll in some kind of timewarp??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

catallus wrote: »
    You, sir, need a funny-bone transplant.

Just because he doesn't try to be "down with the kids" doesn't mean O'Carroll isn't a comedic genius.

True.

the fact that he isn't funny does.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

But, hey, it is successful. Therefore: no criticism allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

shazzerman wrote: »
    But, hey, it is successful. Therefore: no criticism allowed.

Successful AND Irish, that is.

Advertisement