Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting WoW for the first time

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Loot isn't much of a reward if there is no effort required to gain it. Making items time consuming to get make them more desired.. some people (a lot of people really) like the idea of "earning" something over being giving it. There's a reason wow is the single most successful game ever made, it's hard to knock their strategy in keeping gamers attention.

Just have to take Diablo as a proof that a lot of people love grind/reward based games.. it's content/difficulty and social aspects are incredibly basic(compared to wow).. it's entire game revolves aren't killing the same AI in the same areas over and over all so you can progress your characters gear. Call it what you want... I enjoy it. Obviously not everyone does tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Magill wrote: »
    Loot isn't much of a reward if there is no effort required to gain it. Making items time consuming to get make them more desired.. some people (a lot of people really) like the idea of "earning" something over being giving it. There's a reason wow is the single most successful game ever made, it's hard to knock their strategy in keeping gamers attention.

Just have to take Diablo as a proof that a lot of people love grind/reward based games.. it's content/difficulty and social aspects are incredibly basic(compared to wow).. it's entire game revolves aren't killing the same AI in the same areas over and over all so you can progress your characters gear. Call it what you want... I enjoy it. Obviously not everyone does tho.

I think the term for it is called "Loot Lust" :)

But I'm a horrible git for loot envy, have you ever stood in Stormwind/Origammar and seen someone fly their shiny, flaming mount passed you. And that little twinge in the back of your head just goes "Bastard"

Happens me all the time, and that's why I keep playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think the term for it is called "Loot Lust" :)

But I'm a horrible git for loot envy, have you ever stood in Stormwind/Origammar and seen someone fly their shiny, flaming mount passed you. And that little twinge in the back of your head just goes "Bastard"

Happens me all the time, and that's why I keep playing them.

haha, yeah... used to get super jelly of people with the ZG tigers because at the time tigers were pretty rare (For us horde anyway) and I could never get one from our tiger farming.

Even inspecting people back when I first dinged 60 and looking in awe at all their shiny epics. I can still remember my first ever epic item... after a whole 4 or 5 months working my way to level 60.. THE ROBE OF THE VOID ! Amazing.... even if i looked ridiculous as a male orc wearing a purple robe !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Stop guys, your tempting me back in...............

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Glebee wrote: »
    Stop guys, your tempting me back in...............

Jooooooin us.

And if you play about 2 hours of this you get a shiny mount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Vicxas wrote: »
    Jooooooin us.

And if you play about 2 hours of this you get a shiny mount.

I got a new sub today, going to give that a whack just for the mount!!

Advertisement