Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeated de-shnotting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Top tip, clear your left nostril to the right side of your body and your right nostril to the left side of the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

daragh_ wrote: »
    My nose runs like a tap when I'm out on the bike.

Along with other essential cycling skills (track-standing, not crashing, racing) I've never mastered the 'snot-rocket'. I've tried really really hard but it always goes everywhere but the road. So I just blow on my glove and flick it off straightaway.That seems to work and nobody has complained so far. If I have to spit while in a group I'll wait until I'm at the back or at least on the inside of the group and not in a headwind.

I've been snotted on several times. The most memorable was in my first or second Club League race when a member of Orwell got me nearly full face. I thought it was all part of the rough and tumble of inter-club rivalry. A sort of gooey-green cycling baptism.

It seems that most of you are very accepting and almost expect to be snotted and spat on in a group. I cannot understand that view and I would go ape****e if somebody did either to me. There is no excuse for this behaviour especially if it lands on some other riders facial area.
    No point in claiming that you are sorry and did not mean it. Be careful rather than sorry and blow when it's clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Just Swallow !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭pprendeville

You should try coming to Beijing, anyone who has a problem with their nose, you'll be welcomed with open arms and nostrils. Spitting is rather like a rite of passage here where it's almost expected especially on a particularly bad air day. I even see and hear the women hawking up a big yellow one and spitting it out with aplomb. I seem to have the problem when my fitness levels drop. I guess it's my bodies way of getting rid of the ****e I've accumulated. Also notice that if I drink more milk I have to desnot a lot not that I do have milk in my bisons but it contributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ragazzo wrote: »
    It seems that most of you are very accepting and almost expect to be snotted and spat on in a group. I cannot understand that view and I would go ape****e if somebody did either to me. There is no excuse for this behaviour especially if it lands on some other riders facial area.
    No point in claiming that you are sorry and did not mean it. Be careful rather than sorry and blow when it's clear.
    Apart from group riding they can regularly be encountered on solo spins and commutes. I can't understand why lads can't take a glance behind before doing it. I was going through Dundrum last week and was passed by an Orwell rider. Metres after passing me he shoots one off. He could have waited a bit FFS. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

That is poor.

People should always look before they leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Raam wrote: »
    Top tip, clear your left nostril to the right side of your body and your right nostril to the left side of the body.

That would just put a giant green X on my front!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

Better and safer than leaving it on someones face!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Nah it won't. It is also the best way of avoiding it going all over your shoulder. Assuming of course that the snot is ripe for ejection and that it's not one of those ones that seems to be connected to your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Also notice that if I drink more milk I have to desnot a lot not that I do have milk in my bisons but it contributes.

Interesting, that. I drink a lot of milk. Must experiment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

outfox wrote: »
    Interesting, that. I drink a lot of milk. Must experiment.
    ..and I don't go near the stuff, probably the reason I never have to do it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭c50

The most ive ever laughed when cycling was on commute home from a days work with a buddy.
    Passing a typical fred with the saddle too low and the hips going 90, the lad let out a good rocket just as we passed. instead of directing it at the ground, he pointed upwards. it sprayed my buddys face and nice castelli winter jacket. Reaction of both of them was priceless. not sure how i stayed on the bike in stitches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Raam wrote: »

Just when you thought you'd learned everything you needed to know in 410.

Don't normally need to do it much but getting over a bad dose at the minute and this is so much better! Normally try and blow over my shoulder.

It really is something that you should only do on back of group though no matter how good you think your aim is. Have been been victim of one or two splatters where I'd like to have shoved the ignorant c u next tuesday into the ditch.

Advertisement