Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the weather worse this spring

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

farmerjj wrote: »
    Still march..... just. Next weeks weather looks bad to,but all will be forgotten if the rest of year is good (fingers crossed)

They're expecting 14 degrees for the next week, soil temperature rising, have to be optimistic any way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I think lads are forgetting that it changes quickly this time of year. Few dry blustery days and it's all better.

@ Whelan2 I know what you mean about being a neighbour, so it's a favour really rather than a commercial transaction. Suppose he's covering his costs and keeping a good neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Think this spring is better,definetly more growth but grazing is challenging ,this is where good roadways,multiple entry / exit points and strip wires and pigtails come into their own.secobd round starting in 8 days and cover of over 1050 on it already .it was half that this time last year and secobd round didn't start till 15 April.mildcweather next week will really drive on growth and I'll be able to top up silage ground I thought I nay have to graze again and close it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

mahoney_j wrote: »
    mildcweather next week will really drive on growth and I'll be able to top up silage ground I thought I nay have to graze again and close it

Most of the reseeded silage ground is flying it here also, however one paddock is doing much poorer than the others, still hasn't been grazed out and only has a cover of 800ish on it. Access to it is messy, my dad suggested closing it straight up for silage now, without grazing it. I said leave out some drystock, and strip graze it, water is the only issue there. What would any of yas suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Timmaay wrote: »
    Most of the reseeded silage ground is flying it here also, however one paddock is doing much poorer than the others, still hasn't been grazed out and only has a cover of 800ish on it. Access to it is messy, my dad suggested closing it straight up for silage now, without grazing it. I said leave out some drystock, and strip graze it, water is the only issue there. What would any of yas suggest?

Could you put the autumn calves on it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement