Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Show 29/03/14 @ 9.55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I don't normally watch this show, after five minutes of watching tonights show I know I am not missing anything. It is so fake and cheesy it is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Has Amanda extra make up on for effect?

It'll take her an hour to get that off Donie and a fiver's worth of cotton wool as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

norah casey is the dullest woman around, no personality or likeability about her really. hard to know how she has forged a tv career

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I think they are all wearing very heavy makeup so they will look much better in comparison afterwards. I think that is why their lipstick is so noticeable. Its a vanity project for them.
    Plus everyone on tv wears makeup due to lighting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

1239952_10152034001167887_563280811_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Daniella just said she only wears makeup for work, so what the fook is the big deal. This no make up thing is only for like hungry eejits who just want compliments from their friends telling them "oh you look stunning" even if they really look like a bet welly

• Registered Users Posts: 72,304 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

So many clips!!

Kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

i don't wear makeup outside work. oh, cmon.

Totally... so what if she does or doesn't. All these Irish models talk down the whole beauty regime thing. Roz Purcell has to ensure us she's doing some ironman s..te, now this. Ok, rant over. Like what's wrong with saying, god, I love a bit of make up etc..

efb wrote: »
    they are wearing makeup

those women had no clothes on! :eek:

Bored now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

A top man is Davy Russell !

Great bloke (for a Corkman like).

Delighted for him after winning the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ah Davy Russell is a top man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

This lad is an awful bore ...

horse.jpg

I'd like to go for a pint with Davy..

He seems a lovely man.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

norah casey is the dullest woman around, no personality or likeability about her really. hard to know how she has forged a tv career

A form of positive discrimination I suppose. Due to "the lack of strong female voices" women such as Casey get propelled into stardom irregardless of their distinct lack of personality or discernible talent.

Daniella just said she only wears makeup for work, so what the fook is the big deal. This no make up thing is only for like hungry eejits who just want compliments from their friends telling them "oh you look stunning" even if they really look like a bet welly

ah, Johnny. Look at the amount of money it has earned. I disagree with the negativity. I know for sure some girls who were dreading it . It's sad that way but I definitely think its a positive campaign.

ah, Johnny. Look at the amount of money it has earned. I disagree with the negativity. I know for sure some girls who were dreading it . It's sad that way but I definitely think its a positive campaign.

For the life of me why can't girls say "Get lost, I'm donating a fiver instead"...

Who cares if you don't plaster your face all over the Internet, doesn't mean you don't contribute??...

'8 Seconds' with 'Sideshow' Luke Perry...great film!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

For the life of me why can't girls say "Get lost, I'm donating a fiver instead"...

Who cares if you don't plaster your face all over the Internet, doesn't mean you don't contribute??...

Meh, people like getting compliments. If you post up a pic and a few people tell you you're looking well and a charity gets a few quid I can't see the harm in that.

Lapin wrote: »
    A top man is Davy Russell !

Great bloke (for a Corkman like).

Delighted for him after winning the Gold Cup.

in fairness most jockeys are. very likeable and down to earth and god damn tough individuals. Good comradery and humour in the business and very few with arrogance.
    Ruby walsh can be a bit of a spa though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

He seems like a really nice gent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

A FFS Brendan don't turn this into a misery slot. :(

Meh, people like getting compliments. If you post up a pic and a few people tell you you're looking well I can't see the harm in that.

I was talking about the girls who don't fancy the idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Brendan getting all Tubridy wanting the fear of serious injury !!

Evening All:)

its called raising awareness through promotion. The campaign would never have taken off if even half the women took that attitude to it. Its only a photo to be fair.

Lisha wrote: »
    Brendan getting all Tubridy wanting the fear of serious injury !!

Evening All:)

Only one clip so far though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Might be more suited to a campaign for some sort of self esteem or confidence problems or something.

I just can't get away from the fact that the people they have doing it on this show all seem to me to try to attach themselves to anything that gets them airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I rarely wear make up. But I also hate photos if myself made up or not. Once the selfie thing took off I donated but thankfully I was not nominated so I did not gave to decline.
    While the selfie thing makes me cringe the money to any charity is a good thing.
    Each to their own I suppose :)

Some of the Sellotape selfies have astounded me though !!! Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Of all the selfies that have turned up on my facebook page only one had the donation information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

did the weather one ever get a bloke after?, wasent she on tv a while ago talkin bout how hard it was to meet someone. im not volunteerin or anything, just wonderin

Advertisement