Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 40 inch FullHD 3D LED Smart TV 2.0 - €550

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

stenan wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't be asking question like this here but if I buy this TV from the UK http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f6500/sams-ue40f6500

Does that mean I cant get RTE player and 3player like when I buy it from powercity?

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40F6500&pages=1&prod=40F6500&brands=samsung&image=

Same tv but 50 euro cheaper plus 5 years guarantee

The apps are based on your location, when u have an Irish IP Address, you should get the Irish apps when you setup your TV initially .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Paddy_man wrote: »
    The apps are based on your location, when u have an Irish IP Address, you should get the Irish apps when you setup your TV initially .

It's actually set on the regional settings you select during setup, you just can't access them if you're not living in that country or using a proxy.

On a side note I have to laugh that people can afford to pay 550 euro on a 3D tv, but then are ever so concerned about saorview :/

I think people still think they're TV won't work here unless it has saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Kalyke wrote: »

Here is a reply I got from Samsung Netherlands regarding glasses.....

Dear mister xxxxxxxxx,

Unfortunatly I was not able te reach you as we are unable to call numbers outside of the Benelux.

Thank you for your email regarding the television, model UE40H6200AWXXN.

You wanted to know if the 3D glasses are included with this TV. I am sorry to tell you that the glasses are not included with this television. You will be able to buy them separately. You can choose between several models. We have the SSG-5100GB, SSG-P51002 and the SSG-3570CR which are compatible with this television.

The first two are Basic models and the last one is a Premium model. You may contact your dealer for up to date prices.

Please contact us again if you have any more questions.

With kind regards,

Wendy Lispet

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Etnies wrote: »
    It's actually set on the regional settings you select during setup, you just can't access them if you're not living in that country or using a proxy.

On a side note I have to laugh that people can afford to pay 550 euro on a 3D tv, but then are ever so concerned about saorview :/

I think people still think they're TV won't work here unless it has saorview.

To be honest saorview I'm not to sure about that either!! Haha. Soarview is only when you have aerial or what??? And in your opinion is the above TV any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I have sets of the Samsung 3D active glasses that came with my tv in December. I have 4 sets. Genuine and new in box. (a set is 2x glasses)

Throw me a pm if you want a pair.

€8 + €3 to cover packaging + postage.

Hope this helps
    Sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

This only has a DVB/T tuner so I dont think this TV can get Saorview HD channels(?is it mpeg4 compatible?), but definitely not the UK freeview HD channels.

So no good for an aerial reception, unless you are not using an aerial but cable or sky...in which case it is the box/cable that gets the HD channels not the TV...:rolleyes:

You need a DVB/T2 tuner to get HD channels(either Saorview or Freeview HD). You might get a DVB/T tuner in a higher spec tv.
    This is a dutch model (XXN) too.
    But what a nice price...!!:)

Anyones dispatched yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭capailldubh

Nope.
    Shipped but don't know how the postie is going to get it into the postbox :-)

"Your order is delivered by TNT because the shipment fits in a normal mailbox.
    Unfortunately, this means that it is not possible to track your shipment using track & trace."

Nope.

Shipped.... But cannot be tracked!

Advertisement