Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commencement Notice and accompanying documentation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭D_D

kceire wrote: »
    Be carefull a BCO doesnt equate that work to works being started early and invalidate your BCMS application.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have no idea what your reply means...

BCO? Work to works?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,362 ✭✭✭✭Penn

BCO - Building Control Officer (from the council)
    Works - Construction (make sure whatever exempted construction you plan to start isn't something the BCO would think constitutes construction of what you got planning for)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

D_D wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I have no idea what your reply means...

BCO? Work to works?

BCO = Building Control Officer

You lodge a Commencement Notice telling Building Control that you will be starting works on the 14 july 2014 (made up date).

A BCO inspects your site on the 5th and sees ongoing works, so he/she invalidates your CN because of starting works early.

In normal circumstances a small extension may be exempt, but added together with the planning, it may cause trouble. just offering advice, go with what your professional that you have employed recommends.

Advertisement