Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi: €10 off €50 coupon in Sindo

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ted1 wrote: »
    If aldi are cheaper why bother going to Tesco ?

Because you can buy stuff you might need in Tesco that's not available in Aldi. For instance phone credit (as per my previous post).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

They were selling the sindo outside Aldi today - obviously trying to entice people to get over the €50 mark.

Seemed to be working though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

This was a great voucher. Thanks OP

My only problem was doing a shop for one person worth €50 to use the voucher. My sister had the same problem. So we combined our shopping to spend over €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

This was a great voucher. Thanks OP

My only problem was doing a shop for one person worth €50 to use the voucher. My sister had the same problem. So we combined our shopping to spend over €50.

I ended up getting a load of wine!! First world problem!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,327 ✭✭✭✭ted1

highly1111 wrote: »
    I ended up getting a load of wine!! First world problem!!

I was going to suggest Aldi dark rum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Went to stop & get the indo today,the oh said "ah sure can't you get it on the way home - viola,all gone".:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

collie0708 wrote: »
    Tesco are accepting these vouchers used mine today:):):) bought a second paper to get another one.

That's great news as my big shop is in Tesco this week :) I also shop in Aldi Centra ( have 5 euro off 20 euro shop with them for this week) Lidi and Eurospar I get all the special offers in each one every week I am very lucky that I have all of these shops within a few minutes from my home so my trolley *Betty" will be in some use this week stock up time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Seems to be no code on the voucher, so if it was photocopied I'm sure tesco would accept it too...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seems to be no code on the voucher, so if it was photocopied I'm sure tesco would accept it too...;)

Tesco might but Aldi won't, they state on the coupon that copies won't be accepted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Davy wrote: »
    300806.jpg

Thanks.

Do you think that if I print it and take it to tesco they'll accept it? did anyone try?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Probably use this bargain alert to print!!

Amouar wrote: »
    Thanks.

Do you think that if I print it and take it to tesco they'll accept it? did anyone try?

Why would they accept it? That's not the voucher

Let us know how you get on in Tesco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

kn wrote: »
    Its only Dunnes and Super Valu in selected stores ONLY. Mainly Dublin superstores and only a same few outside Dublin.

That gives another reason to boycott Dunnes and Supervalue. They're basically saying that they'll accept Aldi vouchers in Dublin but if you live in a more rural area then you can take a running jump. It's an underhanded tactic IMO, if they're going to admit that Aldi have better vouchers than they do they should at least accept them in all outlets in the country.

Aldo & Lidl are running rings around Dunnes, Supervalue and Tesco at the moment and they're opening more stores all the time. I think it is almost a given now that the quality of fruit and veg in Aldi is far better than Tesco and it comes at a much cheaper price. Tesco have been supplying us with substandard produce for years and now people are beginning to cop on that they are being had by shopping there.

Full-page Tesco ad in yesterday's Sindo seems to suggest that they're now accepting competitors' spend & save vouchers in all Tesco stores (except Tesco Express).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Quackster wrote: »
    Full-page Tesco ad in yesterday's Sindo seems to suggest that they're now accepting competitors' spend & save vouchers in all Tesco stores (except Tesco Express).
    Already news a month ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057159317

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Quackster wrote: »
    DSCN9266.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Probably use this bargain alert to print!!
    001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

If it was in the independant it can't be true!

snubbleste wrote: »

Eh, no. As per that thread, up to now Tesco have only accepted them in some (mainly Dublin) stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭uli84

Ah no, first weekend i didnt look at BA and missed it, booo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fecks sake! Have totally missed out on this one. AGAIN. Missed it at Xmas as well and spend a fortune in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks to the o p for this got the indo yesterday for 2:90 so my voucher worked out at 7:10. Which is still a nice discount to get at the till

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

xdark wrote: »
    Coupon image
    Anyone want to go to Tesco with a colour print out and see if they accept it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

uli84 wrote: »
    Ah no, first weekend i didnt look at BA and missed it, booo

Dont worry, I suspect this will be a weekly offer in the Sindo in the weeks leading up to Easter, similar to the lead up to Christmas

TOMP wrote: »
    Dont worry, I suspect this will be a weekly offer in the Sindo in the weeks leading up to Easter, similar to the lead up to Christmas

In the run up to Christmas, Aldi printed four vouchers for four consecutive weeks in the one edition of the Sindo. They then reprinted the three remaining vouchers the following Sunday.

This time round, they only printed a single voucher so it doesn't seem likely that there'll be any more from Aldi in the immediate future. Unless they deem last Sunday's voucher such a success that they ought run another one this Sunday.

What might be a little more likely is that Lidl run a €10 off €50 voucher this Sunday in the Sindo - just as they did before Christmas the Sunday after Aldi.

Check out girl in Aldi today told me they expect another €10 off €50 before Easter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

xdark wrote: »
    001.jpg

Think it'd be worth chancing printing this to see if they accept it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Ah alright, thanks.

Advertisement