Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ah I miss TX.

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Started listening to Today FM XM a couple of weeks back
    Decent variation of music on there but can't really see the point of it without having a DJ Presenter.
    Might as well stick with Podcasts and Spotify for stream only stuff.
    I am still holding out for a proper TXFM style replacement - ie Indie/Rock/Alternative/Electronic/Left of centre stuff largely framed for an Irish Audience.
    I listen to BBC Radio 6 in the car via bluetooth/ APP these days to get that sort of fix now. Have tried Radio 8 and RTE 2XM - don't really enjoy either despite them having DJs some of the time

Joe donnelly leaving radio to work as marketing manager for rascals brewing. Best of luck to him

https://mobile.twitter.com/kildarejoe?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Ah I miss TX.

That is all

I do too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I do too

Me Three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Me four :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

me 5!

Cathal Funge was on Today FM filling in for Tom Dunne last week or week before that.
    Kept missing him though :(
    Check his twitter to see if he's coming back on. He's done some super, and award winning, music documentaries.

I heard Joe on Today FM in recent weeks since his gig with Rascals.
    Nice tie in there. No doubt he's lots of contacts and can help push their brand.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    me 5!

Cathal Funge was on Today FM filling in for Tom Dunne last week or week before that.
    Check his twitter to see if he's coming back on. He's done some super, and award winning, music documentaries.

Nice tie in there. No doubt he's lots of contacts and can help push their brand.

Tom Dunne left Today FM ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

me 5!

Wish someone would post these things up before or when theyre happening...not afterwards....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tom Dunne left Today FM ages ago.
    Sorry - meant Newstalk on both counts above :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Sorry - meant Newstalk on both counts above :o

I heard Richie McCormack some time in the last few weeks standing in for Tom Dunne - he is the normal stand-in for Tom Dunne. Richie was with Phantom before he got the chop, ahead of the TXFM reboot. He has been a full-time sports presenter / reporter on Newstalk since then, and is the first choice for stand-in - presumably, his previous experience helped. So when was Cathal Funge on Newstalk? I know he has done evening stand-in slots on Today FM in the past.

I heard Richie McCormack some time in the last few weeks standing in for Tom Dunne - he is the normal stand-in for Tom Dunne. Richie was with Phantom before he got the chop, ahead of the TXFM reboot. He has been a full-time sports presenter / reporter on Newstalk since then, and is the first choice for stand-in - presumably, his previous experience helped. So when was Cathal Funge on Newstalk? I know he has done evening stand-in slots on Today FM in the past.

Richie and Charlotte "pure mornings" on phantom circa 2011 was golden radio imo

Richie and Charlotte "pure mornings" on phantom circa 2011 was golden radio imo

I enjoyed it too. Joe and Keith were OK, but not really the right kind of presenters for a station of that nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I enjoyed it too. Joe and Keith were OK, but not really the right kind of presenters for a station of that nature.

I'm probably in the minority but I thought Joe and Keith were very, very funny on TXFM and loved their morning show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority but I thought Joe and Keith were very, very funny on TXFM and loved their morning show

Keith had left for 2FM a few months before Phantom relaunched as TXFM. He was never on TXFM!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Keith had left for 2FM a few months before Phantom relaunched as TXFM. He was never on TXFM!

You know what i mean.

Txfm, phantom, whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Joe & Keith were shockingly poor together IMO. Joe on his own in the evenings was great though.

everlast75 wrote: »
    You know what i mean.

Txfm, phantom, whatever

potato tomato..........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Joe and Keith in the morning was the beginning of the end of Phantom/TxFM for me. It was essentially a banterific breakfast show like they have on every other station. It slowly became another version of Today FM. That was probably the point for the people in communicorp: Today FM was successful so cold Phantom be if it was more like Today FM.
    But people who wanted Today FM could just listen to Today FM and people who wanted what made Phantom unique turned off.

Joe and Keith in the morning was the beginning of the end of Phantom/TxFM for me. It was essentially a banterific breakfast show like they have on every other station. It slowly became another version of Today FM. That was probably the point for the people in communicorp: Today FM was successful so cold Phantom be if it was more like Today FM.
    But people who wanted Today FM could just listen to Today FM and people who wanted what made Phantom unique turned off.

This actually sounds like its what is happening at Nova too with their current forced banter morning show...

History repeating itself?

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »
    This actually sounds like its what is happening at Nova too with their current forced banter morning show...

History repeating itself?

Hopefully....but (judging by the replies here) people are still lisnening even though the hate it...bit like picking at a pair of scabs really.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Hopefully....but (judging by the replies here) people are still lisnening even though the hate it...bit like picking at a pair of scabs really.:confused:

I don't really listen to any radio anymore, but I can't complain about people listing to Nova. Most people one here would admit to listening to Phantom long after it was any good because there was no alternative (pun entirely intended).

I don't really listen to any radio anymore, but I can't complain about people listing to Nova. Most people one here would admit to listening to Phantom long after it was any good because there was no alternative (pun entirely intended).

It's been a long time since nova was regarded as an "alternative".... when you have ex RTE staff in charge how could it ever be....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

True. But they did replace it with Cathal Funge's morning show. Which was one of the best shows the station ever did.

gandalfio wrote: »
    True. But they did replace it with Cathal Funge's morning show. Which was one of the best shows the station ever did.

I still to this day miss that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Joe and Keith, aaaargh. In fairness, they are both a lot more tolerable now they've gone their separate ways.

The zenith of the Phantom breakfast show was Richie and Michelle. I liked Cathal Funge but the whole thing was just so stripped back that it was obvious the place was on life support and it never escaped that slightly depressing air.

I think that's what I miss most...it was always like a Friday afternoon in work..or the last day of school....but every morning...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

which came first, Richie and Michelle, or Richie and Charlotte?
    I remember Charlotte was the producer for R & M for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Richie & Charlotte, Michelle was on later. Then there was a shuffle around about the same time Charlotte had some running joke about stalking one of the Seoige sisters or something like that.

• Advertisement

Unrelated, but every time I here the strokes song on. That tui ad on the radio, I think they're announcing a strokes gig. Always disappointing

Advertisement