Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TXFM (formerly much missed Phantom) line up

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I don't use Facebook but if I did I would definitely sign it.

It's not a petition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I don't use Facebook but if I did I would definitely sign it.

Do it..takes a minute...unless you secretly love Nova.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Claire Beck is on Today FM for the next 2 weeks from 7pm-9pm, filling in for Louise Duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I only found out last night that Dee Reddy is the sister of rising singer-songwriter Ailbhe Reddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Nova does do my head in sometimes but my first time listening to Peter Devlin tonight and I have to say he has played some tuneage, LCD, The National, The War on Drugs, St Vincent.... felt like TXFM was back on the airwaves

• Advertisement

RastaRed wrote: »
    Nova does do my head in sometimes but my first time listening to Peter Devlin tonight and I have to say he has played some tuneage, LCD, The National, The War on Drugs, St Vincent.... felt like TXFM was back on the airwaves
    That Petrol Emotion as well.

Peter Devlin, another missed opportunity for Phantom/TXFM.

Speaking of Radio Nova, has anyone heard Delorentos frontman and ex-TXFM presenter Kieran McGuinness on their Saturday night 9pm slot recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Cathal funge on today fm tonight at 9 just heard

By the way,Happy new year phantom boardsies,

any musical things to look forward to this year?

Got an EP ticket for chrimbo which I'm excited about. Might try getting to LCD soundsystem in malahide if I can

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Paul Donegan is on 8radio on Saturday mornings now. I still wouldn’t be a huge fan but I am beginning to find him a little more bearable than he was on TXFM. He seems a little less wooden and his accent isn’t as forced or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Did anyone else notice Christmas FM was broadcasting on 105.2? Talk about adding insult to injury......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,022 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Cathal funge on today fm tonight at 9 just heard

He was on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week at that time as well. He presented a program called The Song Cycle, where each piece of music played was linked in some way with the previous song. I heard some of his show on Thursday and Friday. Most of the stuff I heard played would have fitted in with TXFM’s playlist.
    Paul Donegan is on 8radio on Saturday mornings now. I still wouldn’t be a huge fan but I am beginning to find him a little more bearable than he was on TXFM. He seems a little less wooden and his accent isn’t as forced or something.

It was only a matter of time, with the demise of TXFM, that some ex-TXFM presenter would join 8Radio.com, particularly those who did not get regular gigs afterwards. I do believe Paul Donegan is the first ex-TXFM presenter (as opposed to ex-Phantom FM) to join 8Radio.com.
    infacteh wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice Christmas FM was broadcasting on 105.2? Talk about adding insult to injury......:eek:

The same happened last year!

Joe D on today fm now!

I just saw on another thread that Kelly-Anne Byrne is standing for Paul McLoone all this week on Today FM - she normally is on over the weekend. A bit like her old days on TXFM, except the start time was two hours earlier!

Tara Harrison was on Today FM tonight officially standing in for Muireann O'Connell. Tara is another ex-TXFM presenter. This is the first time that I heard in since her Friday evening show was dropped in 2016, a number of months before it closed down. Incidentally, Muireann O'Connell is a former Phantom presenter, but not TXFM.

Tara Harrison was on Today FM tonight officially standing in for Muireann O'Connell. Tara is another ex-TXFM presenter. This is the first time that I heard in since her Friday evening show was dropped in 2016, a number of months before it closed down. Incidentally, Muireann O'Connell is a former Phantom presenter, but not TXFM.
    Declan Pierce is taking over the Saturday evening show, actually.

Declan Pierce is taking over the Saturday evening show, actually.

I know but that's what Tara said last night!

I heard yesterday evening on Today FM that Paul Donegan is a sound engineer with the station. I just had a look on his linkedin account and it seems he has been one for them since November 2014. I never knew that.

I heard yesterday evening on Today FM that Paul Donegan is a sound engineer with the station. I just had a look on his linkedin account and it seems he has been one for them since November 2014. I never knew that.
    He's also a presenter on 8Radio on weekends, but you probably knew that already.

He's also a presenter on 8Radio on weekends, but you probably knew that already.

It was mentioned in a previous post! I commented that he must be the first ex-TXFM to turn up on 8Radio!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

D. Byrne was back on 8radio at the weekend. Think it may be a regular thing as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Way past my bedtime, but the deadly Derek Byrne is on 8 Radio at 11pm every Thursday from today on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Possible return online?
    Radio group Communicorp is launching three music streaming services – Today FM 80s, Today FM 90s and Today XM – as part of a bid to increase its online audience.

A promo for the Today XM service suggests it will play guitar-led bands such as Nirvana, The White Stripes, Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys.

Communicorp previously managed the alternative FM music station TXFM on behalf of a broader consortium, but it shut it down in 2016, saying it was not possible to make it commercially viable.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/communicorp-adds-three-streaming-services-to-today-s-offering-1.3435503

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Will former Phantom / TXFM presenters turn up on Today XM? It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

John Caddell is one of the main people behind the 3 new 'stations' so you can bet he'll turn up somewhere on one of them, which is great as he was a fine presenter and is wasted playing second fiddle to Nadine 'deep loud breath' O'Regan on Matt Couper's Music Slot.

Heard Joe Donnolly fill in for Dermot and Dave yesterday, so he's still on the payroll, and Richie McCormack is with Newstalk so he'd probably turn up as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Will former Phantom / TXFM presenters turn up on Today XM? It will be interesting to see what happens.

It's described as a streaming service, rather than an online station. There may not be any presenters.

• Advertisement

thesaurus2 wrote: »
    John Caddell is one of the main people behind the 3 new 'stations' so you can bet he'll turn up somewhere on one of them, which is great as he was a fine presenter and is wasted playing second fiddle to Nadine 'deep loud breath' O'Regan on Matt Couper's Music Slot.

Heard Joe Donnolly fill in for Dermot and Dave yesterday, so he's still on the payroll, and Richie McCormack is with Newstalk so he'd probably turn up as well.

Joe Donnelly is a producer with Today FM but he sometimes fills in for D & D. Richie McCormack, as well as being a sports presenter, has stood in for Tom Dunne on weeknights - mainly music-driven show on a talk station!

Advertisement