Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 28th 2014

Options
  • 28-03-2014 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭

Brendan Gleeson, Killian Scott and director John Michael McDonagh will be on to talk about their latest film, Calvary.

Boxers Barry McGuigan and Carl Frampton will discuss the latter's upcoming WBC super-bantamweight title fight.

Garry Kasparov the Russian Human Rights activist and former world chess champion will talk about the situation in Russia.

Pixie Lott will be interviewed and perform live.

Additional music from The Riptide Movement and The Wolfe Tones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

*obligatory if-you-hate-the-show-so-much-why-do-you-watch-it post in first page of thread*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭squonk

The show tonight sounds vaguely interesting! Wouldn't mind hearing Kasparov talking about chess and about computerised opponents though! Mind you, we'll no doubt get...

"So, Gary Kasparov, have you been to Ireland before?"
    "Have you any Irish relatives?"
    "Do you like One Direction? Did you know Niall Horan is Irish?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Decent guestlist tonight. Could be quite interesting!

Riptide Movement are quality, delighted they're on.

Hopefully, I won't be 'board' by the Kasparov interview.

It's going to be a good 'knight' for chess fans.

jazzy_jeff-1319648566+2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Best guest list in a long time, looking forward to the Kasparov interview.

• Advertisement

jazzy_jeff-1319648566+2.gif

Ah, we're all just pawns in this weekly game of misery.

Should be a pun-tastic evening, alright.

...said the Bishop to the...well, Rook, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Some good stuff here. I love the Wolfe Tones and never thought they'd be on so that's a bonus. I also am a massive Love/Hate fan so hopefully Killian may talk about the new series for a bit. The Russian situation analysis should be interesting too. Looks like a much better than average show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I have stuff to do tonight but I will be checking out that interview, mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Hopefully, I won't be 'board' by the Kasparov interview. It's going to be a good 'knight' for chess fans.

I doubt that the item will be as interesting as the "Bishop" and the nightie.. Or when the Kearney Brothers discussed the effectiveness of Ireland's "Rook"...

squonk wrote: »
    The show tonight sounds vaguely interesting! Wouldn't mind hearing Kasparov talking about chess and about computerised opponents though! Mind you, we'll no doubt get...

"How did it feel, shaking hands with Deep Blue after he beat you?". :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I hope he gets Brendan Gleeson to revisit his rant about the Irish Health Service on the LLS from 2006.

Good looking show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Well with that guest list Tubs has been given the ingredients for a good show, but you know that aul saying.........

1240470_10152309759821565_1725907453_n.jpg

How many times will DLB get to use his Clip Machine tonight?

Number of Clips|Odds|Form Guide|
    None at all|20/1 100/1|Only if the machine dies, if it happens expect an interview with Mammy and Daddy Clip Machine|
    Between 1 and 5|5/1|Ah here, This isn't the Graham Norton Show
    Between 6 and 10|11/4|No value there, DLB's got a Clip Machine and he's gonna use it|
    Between 11 and 15|7/4 fav|That's more like it, Roll it there Collette|
    More than 15|3/1| ... and Roll it there Roisín! Who needs guests when you can fill up the show with Youtube?

Ha ha, that's hilarious Skid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Skid X wrote: »

None at all|20/1|Only if the machine dies, if it happens expect an interview with Mammy and Daddy Clip Machine|
    Between 6 and 10|11/4|No value there, DLB's got a Clip Machine and he's gonna use it|
    More than 15|3/1| ... and Roll it there Roisín! Who needs guests when you can fill up the show with Youtube?

Speaking of clips, I wonder which town or city in Ireland is going to feature to the tune of "happiness" this week?

None at all|20/1|Only if the machine dies, if it happens expect an interview with Mammy and Daddy Clip Machine|

Brilliant!

I put all my life savings on 'More Than 15' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Well with that guest list Tubs has been given the ingredients for a good show, but you know that aul saying.........

1240470_10152309759821565_1725907453_n.jpg

Love this! :D
    Sounds like a good line up. Come on Tubs, do your worst...er, um....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

What? No rugby player. There must be some mistake. Has he gone through the entire squad for the 6th time already? He will just have to start all over again. Also no compulsory rte employees he randomly grabs from the canteen on his way to the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Rookster wrote: »
    What? No rugby player. There must be some mistake. Has he gone through the entire squad for the 6th time already? He will just have to start all over again. Also no compulsory rte employees he randomly grabs from the canteen on his way to the studio.

I doubt the listed line-up will fill the full 130 minutes. I'd say there is a still a good half hour free for a swift canteen takeaway and a misery sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Rookster wrote: »

There's always the guys in Munster :-)

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    Brendan Gleeson, Killian Scott and director John Michael McDonagh will be on to talk about their latest film, Calvary.

Boxers Barry McGuigan and Carl Frampton will discuss the latter's upcoming WBC super-bantamweight title fight.

Garry Kasparov the Russian Human Rights activist and former world chess champion will talk about the situation in Russia.

Pixie Lott will be interviewed and perform live.

Additional music from The Riptide Movement and The Wolfe Tones.

Also on the show tonight:

Journalist and Author Monica Porter who says "'I'm 60. . . and irresistible to men of 20 who want sex with no strings attached'" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2570947/15-men-30-two-one-day-How-I-discovered-age-60-Im-irresistible-men-20s-looking-sex-no-strings.html

Just warning you in case you are watching with your parents, you know that kind of thing can be awkward

And a feature on Photography (to do with O'Connell Bridge in Dublin - it is longer than it is wide, you know) http://www.manonbridge.ie/

*this one is especially for you Skid ;-) *

Always be interesting to hear from The Wolfe Tones.. I hope Tubridy asks them about the troubles, the seemingly endless years of fighting and the slow but sure transition to peace... And then when they've finished talking about the Warfield brothers, they can talk about the North..

Journalist and Author Monica Porter who says "'I'm 60. . . and irresistible to men of 20 who want sex with no strings attached'" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2570947/15-men-30-two-one-day-How-I-discovered-age-60-Im-irresistible-men-20s-looking-sex-no-strings.html

Just warning you in case you are watching with your parents, you know that kind of thing can be awkward

And a feature on Photography (to do with O'Connell Bridge in Dublin - it is longer than it is wide, you know) http://www.manonbridge.ie/

My parents are quite mature you know, I think they can handle it. I on the other hand will probably have to make a cup of tea at that stage,

• Registered Users Posts: 85,408 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Journalist and Author Monica Porter
    who says "'I'm 60. . . and irresistible to men of 20 who want sex with no strings attached'" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2570947/15-men-30-two-one-day-How-I-discovered-age-60-Im-irresistible-men-20s-looking-sex-no-strings.html

She looks like Arlene Philips

*this one is especially for you Skid ;-) *

Always be interesting to hear from The Wolfe Tones.. I hope Tubridy asks them about the troubles, the seemingly endless years of fighting and the slow but sure transition to peace... And then when they've finished talking about the Warfield brothers, they can talk about the North..

:D:D

If this was a reality show I'd pick my phone to vote for that post.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She looks like Arlene Philips

Maybe they share the same facial surgeon!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully the Wolfe Tones are not on to decommission their guitars, would be a sad sad night if they did, I'd expect atleast half the show devoted to their hits if they are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Hitchens

60 year old granny on as well

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

this weekly thread make my unemployment so much more enjoyable!!!

• Advertisement

Hopefully the Wolfe Tones are not on to decommission their guitars, would be a sad sad night if they did, I'd expect atleast half the show devoted to their hits if they are :D

You'd need maybe Larry Gogan or someone of his calibre to be the witness.

Advertisement