Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 29 March

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    One called. What happened?

Benbens went off fav. He was driven early on but was making gains on the leader. He would have went past the leader in the closing stages but the winner leaned on him big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Benbens went off fav. He was driven early on but was making gains on the leader. He would have went past the leader in the closing stages but the winner leaned on him big time.
    Was it not the loose horse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Both jockeys followed the loose horse, jockey error, erring on stupidity from both winner and second. Not a hope it's reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Going to have a little ew dabble on maxford lady in the uttox 505. Won her last point and the form of those behind her isn't too bad. Hopefully she is fit and ready after a break of 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Nice ride from Carberry there. Guessing Baily Green went very short in play

• Advertisement

Cannot believe they reversed that result.

Jockey on the favourite is on the wrong track, realised his mistake, cuts in, winner (second) stays straight. Can anyone explain that in any way? Good lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Educate obviously disappointing but they definitely rode him the wrong way. Sat 2nd behind a furious pace (track record broken by 2+ seconds) and he's much better coming from on the pace as opposed to sitting on it.

Probably short of being a Group 1 horse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Both jockeys followed the loose horse, jockey error, erring on stupidity from both winner and second. Not a hope it's reversed.

:eek:

If you can watch that and say it should be reversed, you want your head examined. An absolutely ludicrous decision.

Not a hope eh? ;)

• Advertisement

I'm definitely the only one who thinks it's an insane decision too, yep. Watch it again, then watch the head on. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think its very telling that Chestnut Charlie has been dropped back to hurdle handicaps, on at 10/1, horse has to win at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

How in the name of god did BenBens get that race in the Stewards room today. An absolute joke!

kiers47 wrote: »
    How in the name of god did BenBens get that race in the Stewards room today. An absolute joke!

Thing was a winner until it got ****ed, that's why.

Why should Benbens have got that race? Winner did nothing wrong.

Thank god someone else sees sense. The chap got a 4 day ban for not correcting his horse. He was entitled to the ground. One of the worst stewarding decisions I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

THERE was a controversial demotion at Stratford on Saturday which could spark an appeal to the BHA by trainer Warren Greatrex after his clear cut winner Dolatulo was disqualified following a stewards' inquiry.

Read the full story at: http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/warren-greatrex-greatrex-furious-as-stewards-reverse-stratford-result/1629195/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Cannot believe Benbens got the race either.

If you watch the head on replay, the cause of the issue seems to be the loose horse ahead of the field taking the dolled off water jump rather than go up the run in and the leaders following it slightly off course as a result. From that point on Dolatulo takes the most direct route up the run in and the rider is under no obligation to let Benbens through a gap that is not there.

I fail to see the logic of the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The jockey on the first did not break any rules.
    Sam TD ****ed up big time(and I would be a big fan of his).
    He would have won the race but why throw out a winner just because a jockey had a mare this isn't how the rules should be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not sure i've seen worse than that

I don't know how greatrex is gonna sleep tonite after
    being raped there

they have to get that after an appeal surely

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Was anybody else watching the betting on betfair while the stewards were out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

mailburner wrote: »
    not sure i've seen worse than that

I don't know how greatrex is gonna sleep tonite after
    being raped there

they have to get that after an appeal surely

Just watched it. Std made the error. He went for a non existant gap. Feel very sorry for connections of the winner, spoiled their day un-necessarily. Poor decision which will be corrected on appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Scandalous decision. Even without the head on replay it is blatantly obvious STD was riding with his head down from the back of he last. He looks up once and that was a good 50 yards or more before he ran out of room.

Justice done today. Still the worst stewarding decision I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Certainly up there with Dar Re Mi being thrown out of the Vermeille.

Justice done today. Still the worst stewarding decision I've ever seen.

Given how much I was in the minority in the opinion I had I can accept that I called the race incorrectly.

I benefitted anyway from the initial reverse so I'm not too bothered either way.

Advertisement