Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 29 March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

SM746 wrote: »
    What time would you normally expect all online bookies to have races priced up? For example; Navan today

10.30 or 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Doncaster 3:15

It is somewhat depressing having to look through these races after the excitement of Cheltenham but the NH will be over shortly and I’ll have to get back on the flat handicap train for the Saturday Fix anyway. I had some difficulty finding anything well handicapped here but one that I felt stood out a bit is Born to Surprise. He has a great course record with 2 wins and a decent run out of 3 runs here albeit over 7 Furlongs. He does look like he needs the step up in trip looking at some of his races and in certainly well handicapped on his best form which includes a win with 4 pounds higher. He had a pipe opener on the All Weather lately and ran on well when not really in the race. I’d be hopeful that the trainer has prepared him for this as he doesn’t have many turf runners and the 25/1 with 5 places with BET365 looks the best option here.

½ Point EW 25/1 5 Places Bet365 28/1 4 Places elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Johner wrote: »
    Flat, ugh.

In the meantime we get to make a few more quid
    on solstice son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jack Dexter 2/1 2.40 at Donny

Has won 7 out of 8 races on soft ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Bill Turner is a man to watch with early 2yr olds so Paddy Again in the first at Donny.A horse I have been watching for a long time and has not had the handbrake off once is Naabegha 80/1 in the Spring mile.Richard Fahy said in November he was bringing his horses in a month earlier than usual so he has to be watched up to Chester with the fact his horses may be fitter than usual for this time of year.Conor Beasley is a young jockey going places so I fancy Outlaw Torn to run well off his current mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

One I have had my eye on for a while is Docofthebay on a much sliding mark. He walked out of the stalls and wasnt touched at Southwell. Tries a new trip today in a weak race in the second last may not stay but worth a chance around 14s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Took Jacks Revenge (Lost Bronze Angel @ 25/1) in the Lincoln.

I'm tempted by Boots And Spurs in the Spring Mile but his record on Soft may not be good enough, career high mark but off 11lbs lower ran Educate to a head in similar conditions last year in this race. Short enough though, I'll take a shot at Nameitwhatyoulike for Mick Easterby. He didn't run well in it last year but I will put that down to a one off. He's a course and distance winner with a bit of scope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Took a chance on Knockroom earlier at 7/1 in 405 Kempton as he is dropped in class and was looking for early price this morning on Benalex Park in 325 Navan as I thought he would see some money but hasn't. Still 12/1 with Boylesports I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Took a chance on Knockroom earlier at 7/1 in 405 Kempton as he is dropped in class and was looking for early price this morning on Benalex Park in 325 Navan as I thought he would see some money but hasn't. Still 12/1 with Boylesports I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

David Evans trains 5 of the 9 runners in the 2yo maiden fillies at kempton (1.50), Chris Caitlin's only ride of the day is on Charlies Star who is just beginning to shorten in price and may be worth a small punt at 7/1. Also interesting that Lucinda Russell sends Ballycool on a solo 600 mile round trip to Uttoxeter for the 4.30, has been a bit inconsistent so far but in with a shout on a going day 8/1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I actually love the brocklesby as a spectacle. An absolute betting minefield though.

Escalating has probably the nicest pedigree but will probably be better during the summer months.

I did think Mountain Man looked a decent sort on paper to be a semi decent 2yo.

The money for Escalating could be informative.

Or could Bill Turner do it again(if he wasn't a bill turner horse in this race he'd be a 20/1 shot so I couldn't have him!)

No bet but Mountain Man and Escalating are the 2 I'm most interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Whosthis wrote: »
    David Evans trains 5 of the 9 runners in the 2yo maiden fillies at kempton (1.50), Chris Caitlin's only ride of the day is on Charlies Star who is just beginning to shorten in price and may be worth a small punt at 7/1.
    Drifted to 10/1 and finished 2nd to an impressive 7l winner Tiggy Wiggy.

God thought that was a woeful ride by Havlin and I didn't have a bet. Let the winner go while he was sitting there cruising

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was a great ride by Seb Sanders :eek:

jeez that hurt
    jockey maybe too confident with a couple of furlongs
    to go on the second

The only time I backed that horse he failed to win an ascot handicap off a mark of 82.

As Urban said I thought the second got a stinker of a ride!

Boosts Dance and Dance's form, Graphic finished about three lengths in front of him receiving five pounds in the Cambridgeshire with Dance and Dance not getting a clear run. 5lbs lower today than that run

if trumpet major loses by a head I'll put my foot
    through the telly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

BumperD wrote: »
    Sorry but I can never understand this. Every year with the announcement of the flat season we see people crabbing it. It's become like a fashion statement. You never ever see people bemoan the arrival of the NH season. I'm getting a little tired of it to be honest. I love racing. And I certainly don't have an inferiority complex about which code I follow.

Would you crab a soccer fan who said 'ugh international week', or a GAA fan who would crab the league compared to championship? It's a normal reaction when a fan has something they love being replaced with a good but inferior product

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Would you crab a soccer fan who said 'ugh international week', or a GAA fan who would crab the league compared to championship? It's a normal reaction when a fan has something they love being replaced with a good but inferior product

We've moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Maureen must have a great chance, no Sky Lantern or Just the Judge here....

Nice touch landed on Dinkum Diamond there

Lets hope Oisin follows up on Dance and Dance

Rebellious Guest a very bad price here I think. Took a small chance on Uramazin at 15 who was runner up to him last time over probably too short, drawn widest of all and only getting a run late. Should finish much closer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BumperD wrote: »
    Lets hope Oisin follows up on Dance and Dance

Who's this Oisin you talk about? surely you mean O'Sheen :D

Any update on Un De Sceaux lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Un De Sceaux beats Gemix by a nose having been clear at the last. Seems the distance nearly beat him. 10l clear of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

kiers47 wrote: »
    Any update on Un De Sceaux lads?
    Won according to ATR

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

UDS will be sticking to 2m after that I reckon!

Just watching his races is hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

According to Chapman he jumped brilliant and led by 15l for most of race. And out-and-out two miler it seems..

Advertisement