Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness test push ups

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Malabeans wrote: »
    I got in touch with Collins barracks yesterday as I had to reschedule, I haven't received any confirmation that they will give me another date though. When I rang they told me to send them an email and they'll be in touch.

I'd to try reschedule on Monday I got stupidly injured out running I rang & emailed but haven't heard anything back and I was suppose to be doing my fitness test tomorrow so I may just have to try again next year :( gutted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Malabeans wrote: »
    I got in touch with Collins barracks yesterday as I had to reschedule, I haven't received any confirmation that they will give me another date though. When I rang they told me to send them an email and they'll be in touch.

Yeah same as that, i tried ringing the office a few times aswell, no answer ive the email sent, im not askin for a few days even if they just changed mine from 10:30 to maybe 3 o clock tomorrow i could do that its just waitin on a doctors stamp...

Saxo wrote: »
    I'd to try reschedule on Monday I got stupidly injured out running I rang & emailed but haven't heard anything back and I was suppose to be doing my fitness test tomorrow so I may just have to try again next year :( gutted.

Atleast you have next year! i dont :(

is it a bad injury or wha ?

evo2000 wrote: »
    Atleast you have next year! i dont :(

is it a bad injury or wha ?

Not even sure if I have next year was told there's no guarantee! :( yeah my ankles fecked I can't put weight on it, never felt so down in my life than after it happened!

Not even sure if I have next year was told there's no guarantee! :( yeah my ankles fecked I can't put weight on it, never felt so down in my life than after it happened!

Atleast uve a legit reason im sittin here needing a poxy stamp from a doctor lol i d nearly sign it myself at this stage xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Just found this post.I'm in tomorrow
    I know I know I should be asleep but in stressing over the push ups the past few days!
    Anyways, here's hoping!
    Best of luck op!!

djflawless wrote: »
    I know I know I should be asleep but in stressing over the push ups the past few days!
    Anyways, here's hoping!
    Best of luck op!!

Do your best man, let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

If it's a niggle I wouldn't consider not doing the test. If you can get it rescheduled then do so, but if not bite the bullet and do it. Believe me you will be doing things far more strenuous than 20 push ups and a short trot within a few weeks. Injuries are part and parcel of your training, beasting yourself through it is what makes you tougher. You will kick yourself if you put it off as you're not feeling 100% and miss out on a place.

got the stamp sorted out got thru to the barracks they said they d be in touch about a new date thank ****!

BigDuffman wrote: »
    If it's a niggle I wouldn't consider not doing the test. If you can get it rescheduled then do so, but if not bite the bullet and do it. Believe me you will be doing things far more strenuous than 20 push ups and a short trot within a few weeks. Injuries are part and parcel of your training, beasting yourself through it is what makes you tougher. You will kick yourself if you put it off as you're not feeling 100% and miss out on a place.

It's more than a niggle man, range of motion is completely gone in it and I can't really bear weight on it I couldn't run the 2.4km and trying would only make my ankle worse. Feel like absolute s*** all day thinkin about how I should be down in Cork today doing it. :(

• Advertisement

Anyways, here's hoping!
    Best of luck op!!

Best of luck man! all you can do is your best.

evo2000 wrote: »
    got the stamp sorted out got thru to the barracks they said they d be in touch about a new date thank ****!

Did you ring them again or email?

Did you ring them again or email?

Rang em loads yesterday and sent an email rang em again tis morning and go thru.

Flew thru push and sit ups.running the mile and a half I stopped to get a stone out of my runner.passed the finish line to be told that I was 15 seconds over the 11.40

Fcuking sick as a dog over it!!

Flew thru push and sit ups.running the mile and a half I stopped to get a stone out of my runner.passed the finish line to be told that I was 15 seconds over the 11.40

Ah sickener man, where d you go for it cork ?

No I was in the curragh for it so didn't have far to travel

No I was in the curragh for it so didn't have far to travel

Ah jees man, that's sickening. :( did many other fail? you'll have a year to absolutely smash it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Did you not have a watch on?

No didn't use a stopwatch at all.should of really

Yeah definitely going to be prepared to smash 10 mins next year.
    I might be wrong but I think there was 5 or 6 out before the run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Did those who passed the fitness test get an email confirming they passed with details about the online aptitude test or is that to come later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Hi all...Got word on Fitness test for Saturday at Mc Kee. Just a quick question to anyone that did the test, roughly how long is it from start to finish? Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

brennan10 wrote: »
    Hi all...Got word on Fitness test for Saturday at Mc Kee. Just a quick question to anyone that did the test, roughly how long is it from start to finish? Thanks...

About 2 hours depending how many people turn up for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

I know if somebody applies for both the navy and army they only have to do one test but is it the same for the pdf and rdf?. I passed my test yesterday and just recieved another email for a fitness test on saturday. Noway am I paying another 50 for a doctor to stamp a piece of paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 conorgreene92

I was in same boat as u had to get second letter stamped again for RDF test, seen as i only got the PDF one stamped by my doctor a month before hand, he just told me to hand second one in at reception and he signed it for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

brennan10 wrote: »

Mine was 3.5hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Thanks for the reply...so prehaps 2hrs or 3.5hrs...imagine it largely depends on the amount of show up on the day and how each individual test is managed resulting in a shorter or longer session. Have the push up/sit ups sorted but as i'd think it's the 2.4km run thats the real tester for many....

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

can anyone tell me what the process for doing the sit ups in navy have my test next week is it aided or unaided thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

damienf1 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what the process for doing the sit ups in navy have my test next week is it aided or unaided thanks

Unaided.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4MNrDmKi3Q

• Registered Users Posts: 24 andmc

Passed the fitness test about a month ago now. There's to be no communication for candidates who pass the fitness test until you receive an email with the link to the psychometric test on the week of April 23-28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

Can I ask, in terms of the push-ups: How do they make sure you're going down far enough - do you have to touch the trainer's fist on the ground or something? I can do 20 push-ups reasonably easy to about a 90 degree angle. Is that okay, yeah?

Advertisement