Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That review of 50 Shades of Grey was funny, the best reviews are when the reviewer is describing some awful sh1te and Sean is just taking the piss out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeah, definitely. I always love Movies & Booze but the ones on the live shows are usually the best.

Especially when the movies are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

It must have been very embarrassing for him.

Was there any boos or heckles from the crowd?

Np just silence and him laughing to himself. it was the shortest segment i've heard in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

no Paulo today,disciplined for coming in wasted last week perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm sure this is a repeat interview

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Sean will be pissed off when he gets back.

He'll be wanting to find out who the hell broke his show while he was gone.

no Paulo today,disciplined for coming in wasted last week perhaps??

I missed yesterday i was wondering would he be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

just listening to the repeat now. she even tried to copy his usual link to movies and booze by asking the wine guy a slightly awkward question. is there no originality there at all??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The stationary slot is finished for now, seemed like a nice idea but there really isn't an awful lot to talk about.

Paolo's off again, you'd hope it's nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The stationary slot is finished for now, seemed like a nice idea but there really isn't an awful lot to talk about.

Paolo's off again, you'd hope it's nothing too serious.

Not sure of the name of the lad who was in with Sean today instead of Paolo. But Sean said he would see him next week again. So looks like no Paolo next Thursday either

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Either Paulo is unwell, or he was hammered on air. The first would mean he's likely having some needed time off, the second would mean he's likely having some enforced time off.

L1011 wrote: »
    Either Paulo is unwell, or he was hammered on air. The first would mean he's likely having some needed time off, the second would mean he's likely having some enforced time off.

Well he sounded hammered to me and very rare that if you were sick they wouldn't let you do a 30 min slot that you were already half way through.

Any mention of him or wishing him a speedy recovery ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well I thought he sounded unwell when he was last on. If he is maybe they aren't saying anything to preserve his privacy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Well he sounded hammered to me

Ditto - but there are conditions that can cause that when you're completely sober.

L1011 wrote: »
    Ditto - but there are conditions that can cause that when you're completely sober.

Oh agreed but it was more than the way he sounded. It was having no idea about episodes of The Restaurant when he normally was on the ball there as well.

If he is ill i wish him well !

Was listening to the repeat of yesterdays show and thought his rant about 50 Shades of Grey was hilarious

One thing that irritates me about the live shows is when people text in from the audience the general tone of them always seems to be 'Amn't I mad altogether' it's nearly as bad as the PBESO'S on Second Captains but at least I can skip through those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Avril Power on with Tara who's in for Sean

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Adverdil Pewer? A great reason to switch channels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I like Tara Duggan. She asks smart questions and knows how to control and interview.

Then again, I had just switched over from Ray and a teenage girl giggling together, so y'know… it's all relative. I was just happy to be in adult company.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I like Tara Duggan too. Except on Movies and Booze. That's because Sean's yer only man fer Movies & Booze.

• Advertisement

I liked the chat with McSavage, he comes across as a bit of a c*nt, but he's always interesting to listen to.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I like Tara Duggan too. Except on Movies and Booze. That's because Sean's yer only man fer Movies & Booze.

His outright refusal to consider spirits means that one half of movies & booze can get very, very repetitive.

Why doesn't he discuss spirits?

I'd love to see them do a segment on the top shelf, even if it was only a few times a year.

It's getting a bit boring and repetitive with the beers and wines week after week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Lapin wrote: »
    Why doesn't he discuss spirits?

I'd love to see them do a segment on the top shelf, even if it was only a few times a year.

It's getting a bit boring and repetitive with the beers and wines week after week.

Could you imagine Jonathan Healy's pontificating afterwards? :pac:

Hear your one on Henry's report say this is an English country, f*ckin hell....

Edit: maybe she meant that in terms of speaking language

No Paulo again....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Health and safety gone mad

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

I love Sean's show, I like his personality as well as the diverse show content (some topics off the wall!), love the regular slots ie parenting Pauolo Tuillo (sp) and not forgetting Friday's movies and booze

gingergirl wrote: »
    I love Sean's show, I like his personality as well as the diverse show content (some topics off the wall!), love the regular slots ie parenting Pauolo Tuillo (sp) and not forgetting Friday's movies and booze

Oh that name rings a bell.

Seriously though, I hope he returns and that we didn't hear the last of him on his last appearance on the show.

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    Oh that name rings a bell.

Seriously though, I hope he returns and that we didn't hear the last of him on his last appearance on the show.

Don't kill me....................BUT, i was getting a little bored with the slot. It was the same topics over and over again

Advertisement