Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Playbar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How to people find streaming music via Bluetootth to them, is it pretty reliable? Does it drain the battery a lot more than wifi ?

I've bluetooth speakers scattered around the house and use them daily, guess it depends on what phone etc. you have.. I never notice and adverse battery drain but then I use my bluetooth quite a bit so don't know what it's like without the Bluetooth off.. easy get a full day out of my phone regardless. Depending on your TV you may be able to access your music via the TV itself so there would be no need for streaming from your phone... There's a number of different ways of doing it.

Best stick up a thread on the AV forum, you'll get better answers there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

I've two Play:3 and a Play:5 super bit of kit, also have it connected to a NAS drive with tons of ripped music on that as well as the streaming services, I've Deezer and Concert Vault new Controller App is in beta at the moment, great speakers with super sound, would love a playbar for the living room

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

tallpaul wrote: »
    I think you need to look up the definition of a bargain : "an advantageous purchase, especially one acquired at less than the usual cost". If the sale price is 10% less than the usual price, then it is a bargain. You are confusing your short-sightedness of your perceived value of the product. This is completely different from declaring that the product is not a bargain.

bargain
    ˈbɑːgɪn/
    noun
    noun: bargain; plural noun: bargains

an agreement between two or more people or groups as to what each will do for the other.
    "bargains between political parties supporting the government"
    synonyms: agreement, arrangement, understanding, deal; More
    contract, pact, compact, covenant, concordat, treaty, entente, accord, concord, protocol, convention;
    pledge, promise, engagement;
    transaction, negotiation
    "the Government made some kind of bargain with the Opposition"
    a thing bought or offered for sale much more cheaply than is usual or expected.
    "the table was a real bargain"
    synonyms: good buy, cheap buy; More
    (good) value for money, surprisingly cheap;
    informalsnip, steal, giveaway
    "this binder is a bargain at £1.98"
    antonyms: rip-off

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ShevY wrote: »
    bargain
    ˈbɑːgɪn/
    noun
    noun: bargain; plural noun: bargains

an agreement between two or more people or groups as to what each will do for the other.
    "bargains between political parties supporting the government"
    synonyms: agreement, arrangement, understanding, deal; More
    contract, pact, compact, covenant, concordat, treaty, entente, accord, concord, protocol, convention;
    pledge, promise, engagement;
    transaction, negotiation
    "the Government made some kind of bargain with the Opposition"
    a thing bought or offered for sale much more cheaply than is usual or expected.
    "the table was a real bargain"
    synonyms: good buy, cheap buy; More
    (good) value for money, surprisingly cheap;
    informalsnip, steal, giveaway
    "this binder is a bargain at £1.98"
    antonyms: rip-off

If it's never/rarely ever discounted (a la apple products, and in this case Sonos), then 10% is a significant discount. Your interpretation of much is subjective. It may not be significant to you, but to others, it clearly is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys

Bargain is relative, what is a bargain for someone might not always be a bargain for you.

This thread is littered with back and forth (and a dictionary definition...) and its drowning out discussions on the product.

Please stick on topic. Feel free to recommend alternatives that do the same job, but posts "€600 is not a bargain" are not helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Been looking for a soundbar for a while now but €600 lids is a good bit over my budget. I did hear a Sonos system on the go in Arnotts recently and have to say that they sound from them is impressive. Where did they come from ? I'd never heard of Sonos till a few months ago and suddenly lots of people are raving about them, are they Japanese or from the US?

Anyway Sonos aside can anyone recommend a decent soundbar that both connects to the Tv but can also play music wirelessly from Spotify on an iPhone ? Also if people has the choice would they go for a soundbar over a traditional amp and receiver connected to some decent bookshelf speakers ? I'm trying to decide which direction I should take, was looking at 2nd hand Onkyo amps on Adverts for around €150-200 and was thinking of matching that with a good set of speakers and Apples Airport express for wireless functionality.

Currently buying a roth subzero 2. Has had great reviews, and is pretty cheap (gbp120). It has bluetooth so can play from phone/tablet. I'll let you know once i have it if you still haven't bought anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Was in the market recently for a soundbar, and this lad was consistently getting good reviews: http://www.trustedreviews.com/cambridge-audio-minx-tv_Surround-Sound-System_review

it's not quite a soundbar but functions in the same manner and has built in subwoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kevin! wrote: »
    Was in the market recently for a soundbar, and this lad was consistently getting good reviews: http://www.trustedreviews.com/cambridge-audio-minx-tv_Surround-Sound-System_review

it's not quite a soundbar but functions in the same manner and has built in subwoofer.
    I've got that model, would recommend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Kevin! wrote: »

personally ended up going for the wharfedale vista 100, which is just out and seems to be getting fantastic reviews

http://www.trustedreviews.com/wharfedale-vista-100_Surround-Sound-System_review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I need to update our standard tv audio. Have been looking into soundbars for a while now.
    The minx is interesting and I noticed it has got some interest on the Richersounds forum.

However my interest lies with the Maxell MXSP-SB3000. Anyone experience one?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/maxell-mxsp-sb3000_Surround-Sound-System_review

biebiebie wrote: »
    I need to update our standard tv audio. Have been looking into soundbars for a while now.
    The minx is interesting and I noticed it has got some interest on the Richersounds forum.

However my interest lies with the Maxell MXSP-SB3000. Anyone experience one?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/maxell-mxsp-sb3000_Surround-Sound-System_review

That was on my shortlist but at the end of the day, it was just too massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is this 10% off still available at arnotts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Currently buying a roth subzero 2. Has had great reviews, and is pretty cheap (gbp120). It has bluetooth so can play from phone/tablet. I'll let you know once i have it if you still haven't bought anything.

Ley me know what its like! Looking at it myself!

jenno86 wrote: »
    Ley me know what its like! Looking at it myself!

ended up going for the wharfedale vista 100, which is just out and seems to be getting fantastic reviews

Advertisement