Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking a break from the yard

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

I go for a few pints, I thought everyone did... Ye all have me feeling bad now with yer healthy hobbies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

I go for a few pints, I thought everyone did... Ye all have me feeling bad now with yer healthy hobbies.

I go for a good few pints and feel great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Your not alone in your hobby . I indulge in a few after work for a bit of me time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

in pub now, great crack looking at the lads that have been on the beer all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Farm is my break from work, and pub is my break from farm

Got back into running last few months, stopped playing soccer 10 years ago, tis a young mans game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Played a good bit of golf up until 2 years ago. Between bad summers and work I lost interest in it. You need to be playing twice a week to keep a decent standard.

Have a small man now to look after and between farm and work 50 miles away have little time for anything these days. All good though!

would like to take you shooting in the next few years. Tried trap shooting with a friend a while back and it's an interesting hobby.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

munkus wrote: »
    would like to take you shooting in the next few years. Tried trap shooting with a friend a while back and it's an interesting hobby.

Would anything like this interest ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spk6_m3_nZo

(Select subtitles unless your german is good!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Would anything like this interest ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spk6_m3_nZo

(Select subtitles unless your german is good!)

Ha! Could use one of those next time a suckler is charging me!

munkus wrote: »
    Ha! Could use one of those next time a suckler is charging me!

Outside of the charging Sucklers, it's a nice way to spend an hour or two in the woods! Great for the young lads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

What do you fish for? Pike, coarse or trout and salmon? I do a bit of specimen hunting in the salt.
    Mostly pike and fly fishing. I also like to do a bit of course float fishing on a balmy summers evening. I find it very relaxing.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    Mostly pike and fly fishing. I also like to do a bit of course float fishing on a balmy summers evening. I find it very relaxing.

Interest in Pike fishing has ballooned in recent years. And fly fishing for Pike has taken off well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Interest in Pike fishing has ballooned in recent years. And fly fishing for Pike has taken off well too.
    My mother is from Longford and as children we always fished. Some great fishing in the Lakelands area :)
    I have tried fly fishing for pike but with no success. The fly, line and rod are very heavy and totally different from my nice #6/7 trout rod. Ye would need muscles like Arnie to cast it for long periods of time.
    Youngest and I caught 3 trout yesterday afternoon. We kept the smallest one that was about one and a half pounds.
    The other two were released back to the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

Not as exciting as some of ye lads. Spend abit of time with my guys and OH on a Sunday.. Few hours. Maybe go for a walk or cycle depends on weather or teach them how to do a bit of Baking or cooking and it gives the wife a day off from cheffing in the kitchen:D. I gets plenty of excerise from one end of the week to the other end. Most of my friend around my go arent a whole lot different with young kids, carrying to games, matches etc, it often just bliss to sit down on Sat even with a bottle of beer and her company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bikes

I do trackdays and race motorbikes whenever I can.Its bloody expensive though sometimes spend as much as a good weanling on a race weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

bikes wrote: »
    I do trackdays and race motorbikes whenever I can.Its bloody expensive though sometimes spend as much as a good weanling on a race weekend.

I like your style, meaning to do a trackday training this summer myself....Have you a track bike or road bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Totally worth it though! Haven't be on a track bike yet but definitely tempted some day!

I like your style, meaning to do a trackday training this summer myself....Have you a track bike or road bike?

I have all trackbikes,a triumph 675 and an sv650 also have a Vor 503 supermoto . Once you go on track youll have no interest in the road.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Totally worth it though! Haven't be on a track bike yet but definitely tempted some day!

You should do the ron haslam race school,it will give you great pointers and they supply the bike and airport is only over the field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Go to the dogs as often as I can

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Macra is the main outlet.

Play a good bit of ultimate and have lined out for Ireland a couple of times. (Its this kind of craic for ye that dont know)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L_-etM_iIk

spend a bit of time with the girlfriend but not as much as she would like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Macra is the main outlet.

Play a good bit of ultimate and have lined out for Ireland a couple of times. (Its this kind of craic for ye that dont know)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L_-etM_iIk

spend a bit of time with the girlfriend but not as much as she would like

I don't think it's possible to spend as much time with them as they would like!! Had to tube a weak calf for a neighbour last night and she was in a right huff over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I have all trackbikes,a triumph 675 and an sv650 also have a Vor 503 supermoto . Once you go on track youll have no interest in the road.

After racing motocross for afew years, I definitely wouldn't trust myself out on the roads ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I don't think it's possible to spend as much time with them as they would like!! Had to tube a weak calf for a neighbour last night and she was in a right huff over it!

A familiar story! I suppose it isn't their fault that we're so amazing that they want to spend as much time as possible with us! ;)

Timmaay wrote: »
    After racing motocross for afew years, I definitely wouldn't trust myself out on the roads ha!

Id be useless on a crosser,a mate said the haire and hound is good craic. I have been meaning to give it a go but don't have the funds for one at the moment as im stocking extra land this year and have a small sfp.

I said wrote: »
    Go to the dogs as often as I can

Havent been at the dogs since I was a child,must give it a go as Mullingar track is only 10 mins away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭biddy2013

A familiar story! I suppose it isn't their fault that we're so amazing that they want to spend as much time as possible with us! ;)
    ha ha:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Tell her she will less of you if she don't stop complaining:D,

Advertisement